Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2002 12:12:42 PM EDT
I have been looking to buy a reasonably priced Ar for some time now and saw a Rock River Arms Ar on the online auction for about $650.00 NIB.
Does anyone have any experiences with these rifles or do they have any info on how reliable they are? Someone told me that this company makes Ar's for the U.S. military.
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Rock River makes nice rifles. They DO NOT, however, make any for the military.

Depending on what you want you rifle for, there are a few things you need to keep an eye on.

Generally speaking, you will want one of thier newer, 5.56 chrome lined chamber and bores.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:39:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wondering if RRA made these for the U.S. military because someone on this board was selling RRA lowers that were U.S.Property marked?

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=86&t=91334
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#4]
RRA hasn't had any large military contracts, but has sold quite a number of DCM guns to members of service rifle teams and individual members.  They have had large quantities of law enforcement sales, both to departments and individual officers.
Depending on the model, $650 seems awfully low.  It may be that whomever got a hell of a deal by buying in quantity, but it might also be that whomever it is bought seperate uppers and lowers and put them together to create a complete rifle without paying the excise tax-which could get him/her in trouble with the ATF.
My two cents.
Sluggo  
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:33:23 PM EDT
[#5]
There may be a better price out there but the best I have found is at http://www.adcofirearms.com/.  If I remember correctly a RRA standard A2 runs a shade over $700 a DCM model just over $950.  Regards.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#6]
My RRA was a great AR, only gun I regret trading....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top