Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 9:45:31 PM EDT
When you want to purchase a lower receiver, its considered by law a whole new gun and they make you go through all new paper work on it right. I cant remember if its the upper or the lower that you have to go through this with.  I have to keep track of that type of stuff, ESPECIALLY living in california with all these idiot gun laws.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:56:21 PM EDT
[#1]
When refering to AR type rifles, it is the Lower.

And since you are in California, you can only get that fixed mag one or "single" shot DPMS....

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks much kal.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:24:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
When you want to purchase a lower receiver, its considered by law a whole new gun and they make you go through all new paper work on it right. I cant remember if its the upper or the lower that you have to go through this with.  I have to keep track of that type of stuff, ESPECIALLY living in california with all these idiot gun laws.
View Quote

Your only option in Kali is the [url=gogogadgets.net]FAB-10[/url].
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks notack. Ive seen those before.  I think they are an abomination and make a mockery of the AR-15.(thanks alot stupid california lawmakers).  Luckily its an UPPER receiver that im going to get.  I have a 20" barrel and I want to buy a 16" so I can change it out to a shorty every once in a while for variety.  I was just making sure that it wasnt the upper that I would have to go through all the crap with.
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 5:30:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Easy to remember.  The part with the serial number is the "firearm."  Everything else is just parts.

-- Chuck
Top Top