Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2022 3:11:54 AM EDT
Back in December I mobilized and got back last week. During it I had a colt m4a1 with a matech BUIS, KAC Ras, magpul ms1 sling, and a comp m4s.

Magazine was a normal green follower M4 mag with 855a1

So far I have:

Upper-factory colt m4a1, BCM a2x extender, going off for a p/w tomorrow to retro arms works.

Lower- LMT defender. Fun thing is I had a pair of sequentially numbered lowers I bought from DSG 9 years ago. I gave one to my dad. A few months ago I traded him another lower for it since it was still collecting dust. It had an unmarked buffer so I put a spare h2 buffer in it. I used the other lower to build an m16a2 clone of my Usmc Boot camp rifle

Already have an M4 CCO.

Ordered a matech BUIS. Came in an arms room wrapper, so I’m sure it’s going to work fine

Found a smoking deal on a KAC RAS with the rail covers off operation parts

Just ordered a correct M4 stock with the square molding off stag arms

I originally had an m4a1 with an acog but when I moved out that one disappeared and I got the above one which I carried the majority of my time.

Pics will be uploaded once my upper arrives.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Off subject, but is the Corps wearing Multicam/OCP or are you a different branch?
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 3:57:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Off subject, but is the Corps wearing Multicam/OCP or are you a different branch?
View Quote

I am army. Went from the Maroon Corn to National guard.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:05:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Enjoy your build OP.  Well always nice to build a COPY of what we carried, it pales that we can't be trusted to have the real McCoy.

CD
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:10:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Enjoy your build OP.  Well always nice to build a COPY of what we carried, it pales that we can't be trusted to have the real McCoy.

CD
View Quote

Yeah, almost like the nfa shouldn’t be a law.

Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:36:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I need to do this, good luck op.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I need to do this, good luck op.
View Quote

Scotty_ryan off gunbroker was my plug for an upper. Not a bad price either. Just took a little while for him to ship but I guess he's slammed with orders and production is behind./

This site is a cancer...so far I've built 1 m16a2 boot camp clone, a second m16a2 because I had parts left over from the first, and now an m4a1. Next up is an m16a4 to round out my military service rifle collection
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

CD
View Quote

Pretty soon we won't be able to own the Clones of what we toted while serving...as a former 0331, my LGS doesn't keep M-60s in-stock.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a soft spot for M4 clones. I have 2 but only one is clone correct optic wise (ACOG), I really need to repurpose the H1 on the other and get a CompM4.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 3:40:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have a soft spot for M4 clones. I have 2 but only one is clone correct optic wise (ACOG), I really need to repurpose the H1 on the other and get a CompM4.
View Quote

Funny SN, my father in law flew the hercules for the RAF.

I could go either way with an acog or Compm4, but I carried the compm4 rifle more. And actually chambered rounds once with it, so there's that
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Pinned and welded upper got back from John at Retro Arms works.

It's not even visible.

It's absolutely beautiful.

Installed the KAC rail.

Torqued down the BUIS.

Just need to swap out the ergo grip for an a2 PG.

Link Posted: 6/6/2022 7:21:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Went to the range today.

Zeroed perfectly, 6-7 clicks on windage left. 4-5 click up on the front sight (FSP and matech BUIS).

hits steel at the 200

Now I need to get an acog to slap on my other rifle and put the aimpoint from that on this.

60 rounds fired, no issues, but that's what you expect from a properly built rifle.
Link Posted: 6/7/2022 2:21:06 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 6/7/2022 5:56:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Very nice build
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:22:41 AM EDT
[#14]
M4 is still my favorite, working on a block 1.5 right now. Barrel and tangodown grip in mail  just need a tan EXPS Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 1:04:14 AM EDT
[#15]
Range day

Slaps the steel at 200 perfectly. I know some people don’t like them, but matech irons work perfectly

Link Posted: 6/23/2022 1:13:47 AM EDT
[#16]
You should’ve posted your plans in the mil forum. I could’ve sent you half the parts you bought.

Border mission?
Link Posted: 6/23/2022 1:21:54 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
You should’ve posted your plans in the mil forum. I could’ve sent you half the parts you bought.

Border mission?
View Quote

Yeah, that one.

I had some good and bad times.

Didn’t think to post it tnere
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top