BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 79
Posted: 3/5/2021 7:06:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TinyCrumb]
This started off as a general JSOC thread but it's quickly become nothing more than talking about the Noveske Navy, so let's just dedicate it to that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2021 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ran into a similar issue with some Gen 1 uppers/lowers. I contacted Noveske and they said that they run their tolerances tight. The suggested working them together to mate them and that is how they do their paired uppers/lowers. I threw some Slip 2k on the pivot and takedown lugs and did this several times. It's tight but more workable now. Would probably help with a barreled upper since it's hard to get any leverage to split tight receivers once seated.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]
How are you guys attaching slings to your rifles? Looks like Dev is going back to a single point sling to run this. There is much less MLOK slots on the NSR than my Geissele MK8.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Omega9000:
How are you guys attaching slings to your rifles? Looks like Dev is going back to a single point sling to run this. There is much less MLOK slots on the NSR than my Geissele MK8.
View Quote
Qd mlok or on the top rail such as the magpul  rsa qd. Really all personal preference.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By LsuJon:
Qd mlok or on the top rail such as the magpul  rsa qd. Really all personal preference.
View Quote

Yeah that Magpul RSA might be the only way to do it comfortable outside of a single point. When I put a BCM QD mlok attachment on the farthest back mlok slot on the NSR, it gets in the way of my grip. I end up gripping the sling, the qd mount and the handguard. Appreciate the recommendation!
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:23:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JuanPing] [#5]
Classified Defense has some 300BLK marked dust covers for those looking.
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 5:50:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By officerX:
Need some help/advice.
I've got the gen 3 upper and gen 1 lower and they fit together tighter than a virgin nun.  Like I had to force them together and pry them apart.  After Cerakote, this will probably be worse, right?  What should I do?

Next, do we know if, and if so, what sling is being used and how it's attached?
View Quote

I had that with a set before too.
Sent Noveske an email with a video of the issue and they said mine was out of spec and swapped the receiver.  
Wouldn’t hurt to reach out to them and see what they say.  
Yours might wear in perfectly or need to be swapped
Link Posted: 5/23/2021 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#7]
ost
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:17:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By giacutter:
ost
View Quote

They are making more. Just ran out of dust covers is all.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Here is a question for anyone in the know.   What ammo are the using?

Tac-tx for supers?  
Subs?

Black Hills?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By panthermark:

Tac-tx for supers?  
Subs?

Black Hills?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By panthermark:

Tac-tx for supers?  
Subs?

Black Hills?

This is all I've seen so far.

Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Noveske Navy barrel on the way thanks to TinyCrumb for the head up! Rail hardwares are out getting nitrided. I'll be coating the rail, receivers, and trigger guard next week. Just need source the 300 BLK marked port cover then I can assemble the rifle to see how accurate these Black Hills sub ammo are out of a stainless barrel

https://i.imgur.com/1Q3sGBB.jpg

Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
https://i.imgur.com/szO2wSD.jpg

Navy barrel and the forbidden ammo

https://i.imgur.com/JQ7Efzc.jpg
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:56:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Classified said they'll have more 300BLK dust covers on Sunday, along with some 5.56 marked covers as well.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By bChau:
Classified said they'll have more 300BLK dust covers on Sunday, along with some 5.56 marked covers as well.
View Quote
If only we had the correct 5.56 barrels

would like to retire my CQBR
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:43:52 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

Awesome!  I missed out on the last round.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#14]
This stuff is nice.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:58:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Is this the Johnny rifle redux?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 6:59:19 AM EDT
[#16]
View Quote

Link? or is that a member here making them or something?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:29:17 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ShiftSix:

Link? or is that a member here making them or something?
View Quote
https://classified-defense.com/classified-defense-dust-cover-assembly--devgru--300-blk.html
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#18]
https://classified-defense.com/classified-defense-dust-cover-assembly--devgru--300-blk.html
View Quote

You rock, thanks!
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:25:04 AM EDT
[#19]

You rock, thanks!
View Quote

He told me that 25 of 5.56 and 25 of 300 BLK was what was going to be available. Apparently last time they sold out within an hour.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:37:42 AM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#20]
Anybody want to trade a Navy profile 300BLK barrel for a new, in the box gen 3 upper?  (I have the upper, looking for a barrel.)  
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Anybody want to trade a Navy profile 300BLK barrel for a new, in the box gen 3 upper?  (I have the upper, looking for a barrel.)  
View Quote
I've been wonder, is the light weight .300 blk barrel (navy barrel) a regular production item? Or were these over runs they just posted on the website?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:52:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4runnagunna] [#22]
I've been wonder, is the light weight .300 blk barrel (navy barrel) a regular production item? Or were these over runs they just posted on the website?
View Quote

Regular production item. Here is the response from Noveske.

Hi [Redacted],

Thanks for reaching out to us. I took a look at our inventory and see that we are pretty heavily back ordered on those currently. We are still sending them out to dealers so you might check with Wing Tactical, Midway USA, Primary Arms, Joe Bob Outfitters and Rainier arms as they will likely have them in stock before we do. I hope that helps! -Matt
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Originally Posted By 4runnagunna:

Regular production item. Here is the response from Noveske.

Hi [Redacted],

Thanks for reaching out to us. I took a look at our inventory and see that we are pretty heavily back ordered on those currently. We are still sending them out to dealers so you might check with Wing Tactical, Midway USA, Primary Arms, Joe Bob Outfitters and Rainier arms as they will likely have them in stock before we do. I hope that helps! -Matt
View Quote

I assume that's this barrel then??

10.5″ Lightweight Contour Barrel, 300BLK
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:07:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By 4runnagunna:

He told me that 25 of 5.56 and 25 of 300 BLK was what was going to be available. Apparently last time they sold out within an hour.
View Quote

Yeah, I'm on the hunt for the 5.56.  Doesnt appear to be on there but I'll keep my eye on it
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#25]

I assume that's this barrel then??

10.5 Lightweight Contour Barrel, 300BLK
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:49:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#26]
Are we doing 10:1 on the Cerakote or something else?  And glossy-ish or matte?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:57:15 PM EDT
[#27]
I’ve been wondering about the 5.56 barrel. I still need the upper and barrel.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 2:08:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Are we doing 10:1 on the Cerakote or something else?  And glossy-ish or matte?
View Quote
Yes 10:1 Mine came out about the same glossiness as the black factory cerakote on the Noveske receivers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 3:04:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: officerX] [#29]
Tan EXPS3 for $515 shipped on the EE if anyone wants one for their clone.  I just paid $625 yesterday.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/equipment-exchange/WTS-Eotech-EXPS3-tan-Trijicon-RMR-and-Vortex-Razor-20x60x80mm-Spotting-scope/163-2143247/
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 5:39:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Red Squadron with the Noveske and T2's.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#31]
I contacted noveske about the 5.56 navy barrel. They said that they’re going to make some down the line but are concentrating on backlogs. Is there anyone that can recontour the medium contour into the navy contour?
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
I contacted noveske about the 5.56 navy barrel. They said that they're going to make some down the line but are concentrating on backlogs. Is there anyone that can recontour the medium contour into the navy contour?
View Quote
Great now I need to start sourcing another gen 3 upper and NSR mlok
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:29:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Great now I need to start sourcing another gen 3 upper and NSR mlok
View Quote

I wish It was that easy. I missed out last time. From the wording in the email. Its going to be a long time before they get to that.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:48:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
I contacted noveske about the 5.56 navy barrel. They said that they’re going to make some down the line but are concentrating on backlogs. Is there anyone that can recontour the medium contour into the navy contour?
View Quote

Since this would be a clone and were in a clone thread -

Contouring a medium barrel to the navy likely wouldn't work. You would need to bead blast the machined area, and then re-stamp it with the noveske cross and other markings. That's kind of a tall order.

My temp barrel showed up today. It was a good mail day for that matter. I'll use the medium contour 5.56 barrel as a temp until there is more stock of the navy barrels, BCG's for other builds since I think the normal noveske phosphate BCG is the right one to use.  I'm not going to shell out massive shekels if Noveske is still doing runs of them, I got time

Link Posted: 5/25/2021 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:

Since this would be a clone and were in a clone thread -

Contouring a medium barrel to the navy likely wouldn't work. You would need to bead blast the machined area, and then re-stamp it with the noveske cross and other markings. That's kind of a tall order.

My temp barrel showed up today. It was a good mail day for that matter. I'll use the medium contour 5.56 barrel as a temp until there is more stock of the navy barrels, BCG's for other builds since I think the normal noveske phosphate BCG is the right one to use.  I'm not going to shell out massive shekels if Noveske is still doing runs of them, I got time

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/370258/IMG_2990_JPG-1955488.jpg
View Quote

I think I’m going to do the same.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:31:09 AM EDT
[#36]

almost devgru
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Cody893:
https://imgur.com/gallery/g81YXHC
almost devgru
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:42:21 AM EDT
[#38]
If anyone is looking for info about getting their NSR hardware nitride coated slide into my DMs or email.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 11:57:15 AM EDT
[#39]
Has anyone shot their clone yet? How is it with the .081 gas block for the 5.56? I remember my old DD MK18 had one at .081 and it sucked lol
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:06:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I am going to be slow-building this clone. Will be my first one in a few years. I have had an E-series Noveske SBR'd lower for more than ten years (as a MK18ish gun using one of the old LMT 10.5 uppers). I need to clean off and paint my lower. Upper will probably take some time, lol.

Pic is only for the lower (stock was out of stock, but I should have one soon--ignore the upper):

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/27/2021 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Has anyone shot their clone yet? How is it with the .081 gas block for the 5.56? I remember my old DD MK18 had one at .081 and it sucked lol
View Quote

It’s a beast like any short barrel 556, but not bad with a H3 buffer.  Strong ejection around 3:00.   Barrel is what’s most impressive with its accuracy.   Gas to the face is there with a can, but I also still get a little gas to the face with my MK18 and gasbuster CH.
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 1:39:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ShiftSix] [#42]
View Quote

It sucked bigly on my MK18, and is part of the reason I'd like to rebuild that gun with a new barrel and hole appropriately sized (dont want to rely on an adjustable gasblock)
I ended up putting a MicroMOA Govnah on mine that I believe has a .073 hole and it completely corrected the violent cycle while still being 100% reliable shooting everything from PMC Bronze to MK262
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:15:15 PM EDT
[#43]

It sucked bigly on my MK18, and is part of the reason I'd like to rebuild that gun with a new barrel and hole appropriately sized (dont want to rely on an adjustable gasblock)
I ended up putting a MicroMOA Govnah on mine that I believe has a .073 hole and it completely corrected the violent cycle while still being 100% reliable shooting everything from PMC Bronze to MK262
View Quote

I have a fully clone correct colt 10.3 upper you may be interested in then. Only thing is it's wearing a Geissele MK8 in blk right now. But PM me so we don't sidetrack this thread.

Back on topic, is there a specific lower parts kit to this build or just standard stuff with geissele trigger?
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 3:40:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#44]
You could always use a BRT gas block insert to tame the gas

side note: NSR-9 inbound. the last item needed is the navy profile barrel and dust covers, looks like this build is going to happen. excited!
Link Posted: 5/27/2021 4:33:18 PM EDT
[#45]

side note: NSR-9 inbound. the last item needed is the navy profile barrel and dust covers, looks like this build is going to happen. excited!
View Quote

Niiiiice. Look forward to doing mine, got myself on a wait list for the gen 1 lower. Damn this build came out of nowhere. Just when I thought I was out of the clone game, it pulls me back in!!!
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 7:43:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I’ve got a guy from a Noveske Facebook group telling me he bought a Navy Profile 300BLK barrel from Noveske’s website last night.  He said there 3 in stock.  Did anyone else see this?  I’m skeptical of it based on what I’ve already heard about their availability.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 9:23:05 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

Or in my opinion....even better than the BRT gas block insert is the BRT EZTune gas tubes. You can step down as little or as much as you want. 2 of mine have been 100% reliable so far.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I’ve got a guy from a Noveske Facebook group telling me he bought a Navy Profile 300BLK barrel from Noveske’s website last night.  He said there 3 in stock.  Did anyone else see this?  I’m skeptical of it based on what I’ve already heard about their availability.
View Quote

Yes its true. I saw the 10.5 5.56 (non navy) profile barrels sell out before my eyes about 5 minutes ago, and they were OOS earlier this week.

Noveske also posted on IG this morning that they did a barrel restock.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:51:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Does this mean Noveske is back in the limelight good graces? I know for a while there they were considered on the decline in quality and trust-ability
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 1:56:45 PM EDT
[#50]
What are the chances anyone knows where I can find a rail?  Or has one they won’t be using?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 79
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top