Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 6/11/2020 5:55:37 PM EDT
I'm curious to see what everyone is doing with their UCWRG parts. Any and all parts are welcomed. I have a couple black receiver sets, an FDE upper, grips, BCG. The charging handle eludes me, though.

COVID quarantine seems a fitting time to see these! Let's see them!

Picture from one of the lowers I was messing around with today, I'll find the others I have an update this post as this goes on.

BCG in my Block 1

Back to Microdot 1.5-4.5 config

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I don’t think enough of their stuff exists for this.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:06:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:16:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I would like to understand what/who the Umbrella Corp is/are?

I am not asking to start a tangent thread, but I have looked into this company and just don't see any info, their website is not helpful and some of the comments even on their website and very tongue in cheek....

If someone could explain this to me and compare to companies like LMT, KAC, Noveske, it would help

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I am not asking to start a tangent thread, but I have looked into this company and just don't see any info, their website is not helpful and some of the comments even on their website and very tongue in cheek....

If someone could explain this to me and compare to companies like LMT, KAC, Noveske, it would help

View Quote

Niche company that made quality but expensive products. Umbrella Corp is a pop culture reference IIRC. Company no longer in existence as far as I know. Good resale value for collectors, I think.

Good lowers, and I believe they pioneered the 23 grip that B5 systems now owns/produces.

Not KAC, but not PSA either. A BCM that's more boutique, in terms of fit and finish maybe? The receiver set I sold looked great, I just don't care for the roll mark.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:39:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm curious to see what everyone is doing with their UCWRG parts. Any and all parts are welcomed. I have a couple black receiver sets, an FDE upper, grips, BCG. The charging handle eludes me, though.

COVID quarantine seems a fitting time to see these! Let's see them!

Picture from one of the lowers I was messing around with today, I'll find the others I have an update this post as this goes on.

https://i.postimg.cc/x12S4MNq/IMG-20200611-132226.jpg
View Quote

i need a bcg... but heres my build.  its umbrella upper, lower charging handle parts kit, and grip, wearing a magpul UBR stock, and a Fortis REV 15"rail with a fn CHF barrel and fortis RED brake. pictured with my M9 wearing STARS (raccoon City) custom grips.

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Niche company that made quality but expensive products. Umbrella Corp is a pop culture reference IIRC. Company no longer in existence as far as I know. Good resale value for collectors, I think.

Good lowers, and I believe they pioneered the 23 grip that B5 systems now owns/produces.

Not KAC, but not PSA either. A BCM that's more boutique, in terms of fit and finish maybe? The receiver set I sold looked great, I just don't care for the roll mark.
View Quote

Mostly what he said.

It is two guys with regular jobs.  When they can scrounge up a few dollars, they would have someone manufacture the lowers and uppers for them.   They didn’t come up with the grip 23, it’s always been a B5 design.  They had the B5 grip branded with their logo and the Raptor CH branded with their logo.  They also sold some Aeroshell in a small container with their logo on it.  They randomly bring up their stuff by starting posts on occasion to get the pot stirred up.  Once companies like Aero and Anderson started selling bare lowers cheap, they stopped producing as much stuff because it’s hard to find someone to pay $350 for a lower now.

They never made anything.  It was all rebranded items.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

To my knowledge they are still in business, but they only produce extremely small batches of items at a time.  Im not sure why that is.  I've bought a few of their sets over the years.  They own the rights to the image and company name that is used in the resident evil video games/movies, "umbrella corp" which is the pop culture reference.  they even had Mega make some of the products for them at one time back in the day.  All of their kit is extremely high quality from what i have seen and had in my possession, but it is not cheap.  Resale is even more expensive.  I've sold stripped lowers from them before for 500.00 each before.   Good High Quality items honestly.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Mostly what he said.

It is two guys with regular jobs.  When they can scrounge up a few dollars, they would have someone manufacture the lowers and uppers for them.   They didn’t come up with the grip 23, it’s always been a B5 design.  They had the B5 grip branded with their logo and the Raptor CH branded with their logo.  They also sold some Aeroshell in a small container with their logo on it.  They randomly bring up their stuff by starting posts on occasion to get the pot stirred up.  Once companies like Aero and Anderson started selling bare lowers cheap, they stopped producing as much stuff because it’s hard to find someone to pay $350 for a lower now.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly what he said.

Very interesting, good info, now it makes sense....Especially about the rebranding of components.  I was researching them like I researched LMT about 12 years ago, heard so much about them here and what I found was good, so I have a large LMT collection now

Thanks for the feedback guys, stay safe and keep your powder dry, we will be needing it down the road.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:26:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Mostly what he said.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Mostly what he said.

thats good to know. i've heard its a couple guys now a few times.  I know that in the beginning they had a female working with them answering emails, sending out things, and selling things.  i dont know what happened to her though or if she left or was a wife or whatever.  Grip23 may not have been theirs to begin with, but they did come out with it before B5 debuted it.  which is odd.  either way i love grip23/b5 for it.  its one of my favorite grips.

I'd really love to have a BCG of theirs to complete my set from them, and i wonder if they will produce more stuff in the future.. especially since they stopped sending out newsletters.  they used to send those out on their mailing list monthly if memory serves.

Quoted:

Very interesting, good info, now it makes sense....Especially about the rebranding of components.  I was researching them like I researched LMT about 12 years ago, heard so much about them here and what I found was good, so I have a large LMT collection now

Thanks for the feedback guys, stay safe and keep your powder dry, we will be needing it down the road.

definately agree with keeping it dry, as its needed... very soon i fear.

Link Posted: 6/11/2020 8:54:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Mostly what he said.

View Quote

Thanks for filling in the gaps of my brain.

Didn't know they didn't actually ever make anything. Good to know on the B5/P-grip as well!
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:01:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

thats good to know. i've heard its a couple guys now a few times.  I know that in the beginning they had a female working with them answering emails, sending out things, and selling things.  i dont know what happened to her though or if she left or was a wife or whatever.  Grip23 may not have been theirs to begin with, but they did come out with it before B5 debuted it.  which is odd.  either way i love grip23/b5 for it.  its one of my favorite grips.

I'd really love to have a BCG of theirs to complete my set from them, and i wonder if they will produce more stuff in the future.. especially since they stopped sending out newsletters.  they used to send those out on their mailing list monthly if memory serves.

definately agree with keeping it dry, as its needed... very soon i fear.

View Quote

You're talking about Wanda, the real MVP at UCWRG. I'm not certain she answers all comms, but I've never gotten a response from anyone else!

All of my parts have been top notch. I haven't been able to find a flaw on anything I've received from them. I really want to find a charging handle or two.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:35:49 PM EDT
[#12]
I’ve always wanted an upper/lower set but can’t find any for a decent price. Raccoon city....
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 9:39:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 10:12:35 PM EDT
[#14]
I wish it was as easy as it was years ago to look up peoples ip addresses on forums.  I would be curious to find out which ones match where the two owners actually live when these posts pop up.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 11:00:53 PM EDT
[#15]
I was lucky to pick up a forged set, a few billets lowers with 3d logos, bcgs and charging handles, but their billet uppers never materialized. The lowers have the ambi bolt release operated by a pin that meets the mag catch. Nice lpks too (without fcg)
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#16]
I got one of the very few FDE Matched sets.  I built a rifle out of it that sees actual use too. Took it out to the range as recently as last night. Was going to shoot an SPR match with it last weekend, but the weather did not permit.

Killed some pigs with this one.

Umbrella Corp FDE matched receiver set. (Not the Blem/HUUCR)
UCWRG BCG
UCWRG Grip 23

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#17]
I own like 3 of their grips and a couple of their LPKs... All their stuff that I have handled is top notch... If I came across a receiver or a receiver set I'd buy them without hesitation.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#18]
My UCWRG build.

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#19]

Got this lower during the great panic of 2012-2013, if my memory serves me.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/jHPVXNc.jpg

Got this lower during the great panic of 2012-2013, if my memory serves me.
View Quote

Poor rifle... looking at it all neutered makes me sad. Wish it could be liberated... like seeing a POW picture from behind enemy lines
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:29:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Good stuff so far fellas! Anyone got a lead on a charging handle before I post a WTB ad?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#22]
How did you get that tube over the front sight post.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:04:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File
All I have are their grips. Pic thread, so here's a pic. Top pistol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 8:57:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:44:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:09:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

You're talking about Wanda, the real MVP at UCWRG. I'm not certain she answers all comms, but I've never gotten a response from anyone else!

All of my parts have been top notch. I haven't been able to find a flaw on anything I've received from them. I really want to find a charging handle or two.
View Quote

no this woman was named Jessica. at least thats what she signed her emails with.

i agree totally with the quality of parts.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 7:31:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

That is one of the nicest looking setups ive seen in a while , very nice work.
View Quote

Yes I agree, very nice set up....the camo looks great....the rifle reminds me of a Triarc set up I saw at my gun shop some time back.

Bronc
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#29]

@JoshAston The shortened car stock on the uciw tube with steep grip angle of the reptilia grip is just doing it for me. Nice build!
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 9:34:39 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How did you get that tube over the front sight post.
View Quote

FSB and tube slide on at the same time, set screws tightened through small access holes (can be seen in pic) drilled in the underside of the tube would be my guess.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Poor rifle... looking at it all neutered makes me sad. Wish it could be liberated... like seeing a POW picture from behind enemy lines
View Quote

Tell me about it.
Will be liberated someday, hopefully sooner rather than later.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 11:12:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

FSB and tube slide on at the same time, set screws tightened through small access holes (can be seen in pic) drilled in the underside of the tube would be my guess.
View Quote

Pretty much. It's an SR25 tube so a custom barrel nut had to be made. A slit had to also be made behind the FSB to install gas tube. It's pretty much married to that upper!
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Someone posted a photo several years ago of their billet Umbrella Corporation lower, the umbrella logo wasn’t “flat” and it had been color filled. It was NICE!
View Quote

yeah thats the gen2 lower made by mega, also known as their color fill lowers. the one i posted of mine is one of those... the last gen lowers they produced were made by Radian, with the ADAC technology... im not sure what /who produced gen 3 or gen1 back in the day though.. or who did their billet sets, but i'd bet billet was done by MEGA. thats just a guess though.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 11:29:11 AM EDT
[#35]
Trying to decide what to do with the matching upper for this set so this upper can revert back to the Daryl Holland clone with a Microdot on an A.R.M.S. #5 riser. I already have a Block 1 clone so I might take the leap to do a CQBR.

Edit: just swapped the ACOG to my KAC MRE upper. Even with the stock collapsed, the eye relief sucks with the LAW folder and a matech rear. Lesson learned: you only get 1 thing in between you and an ACOG. Microdot is fine since it's on a riser and can be moved back.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 2:54:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

yeah thats the gen2 lower made by mega, also known as their color fill lowers. the one i posted of mine is one of those... the last gen lowers they produced were made by Radian, with the ADAC technology... im not sure what /who produced gen 3 or gen1 back in the day though.. or who did their billet sets, but i'd bet billet was done by MEGA. thats just a guess though.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Someone posted a photo several years ago of their billet Umbrella Corporation lower, the umbrella logo wasn’t “flat” and it had been color filled. It was NICE!

He's talking about the billet lower. They have raised ribs and curved panels like a real umbrella.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 1:55:32 AM EDT
[#37]
It's a company that's not really interested in selling anything, except for grips that B5 makes.  Let's have a thread with pictures of grips.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 4:07:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Corporation's Origins
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 6:16:38 AM EDT
[#39]
I got one for my bro that used to play resident evil when he was a kid. Very well finished lower definitely spendy though.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 10:03:33 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It's a company that's not really interested in selling anything, except for grips that B5 makes.  Let's have a thread with pictures of grips.
View Quote

U mad? This thread is for those who have UCWRG parts and want to share them, not those who are salty about not buying them when they are available.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

U mad? This thread is for those who have UCWRG parts and want to share them, not those who are salty about not buying them when they are available.
View Quote

Nobody is salty about not getting anything from them.
Link Posted: 6/16/2020 12:00:08 PM EDT
[#42]
Updated thread title for discussion. Yes, this is a niche/novelty/boutique company. Yes, parts are farmed out and released in limited quantities. I've contacted them many times over the past few years and had a great experience with them as a company, but they are very tight lipped about when or even if future runs will happen. I'm begging to think that BCG and charging handle runs may never come back.

I'm a fan mainly because I grew up playing all of the Resident Evil franchise, and I was pleasantly surprised that everything they stamp their name on is of high quality. At least what I have received.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 8:52:50 PM EDT
[#43]
I really want one of their lowers.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 9:42:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
everything they stamp their name on is of high quality.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/20/2020 10:31:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I built my lower into an 18" DMR.  I would like to get a BCG...  I had no idea the lowers were going for so much.  Mine was in the box it shipped in for several years until last year.  I still have the box and stickers too.  I need to get some pictures of it.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#46]
personally, i'd love to have a BCG from them.  but if wishes were reality, i'd love to have a billet set, 2 bcgs another charging handle, another grip, so i could build the billet setup too.

as it sits now though i just really need a Umbrella bolt carrier group to finish my build.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
personally, i'd love to have a BCG from them.  but if wishes were reality, i'd love to have a billet set, 2 bcgs another charging handle, another grip, so i could build the billet setup too.

as it sits now though i just really need a Umbrella bolt carrier group to finish my build.
View Quote

I'm still searching for two charging handles and another BCG. Got something cool in the works for another UCWRG build.
Link Posted: 6/29/2020 8:12:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm still searching for two charging handles and another BCG. Got something cool in the works for another UCWRG build.
View Quote

i've not seen either since they initially launched each. i shoulda bought a bcg when they launched them but i skipped it. and havent found them for sale ever again.

so when they came out with the charging handles, i jumped on one, i shoulda bought more than one, as ihave a secondary lower i need to build and cant without all the right stuff from them.  (because i am ocd like that)

Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Looks like Umbrella branded new textured B5 grip is in stock now
Link Posted: 7/1/2020 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#50]
Getting ready to change into someone more comfortable. Name changes coming.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top