User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 180
Posted: 1/17/2019 11:29:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Into_the_Void]
Do you have a build that's a mash-up of inspiration from multiple clones?
Did you mash up a bunch of parts from your bin that might have been used in the wild?
This is the thread for you.

If it's in the wild or made by a known military supplier (KAC, DD, G, etc.) game on.  
Optics, go crazy.  The reality is strike eagles are being used downrange, there's no clone police here.

For those with absolute purist clones, post them, but please don't shit on the guys just having fun slapping things together.

Post pictures, talk about parts, have fun.

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:32:10 AM EDT
[#1]
This is gonna be good.

Previous configurations.

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]

I was gonna do a Recce but it ended up as this
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#3]
View Quote
What trigger is in this?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MonFusil:

What trigger is in this?
View Quote
Looks like a LaRue MBT
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#5]
What trigger is in this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
What trigger is in this?
Was an MBT.  Now ssae
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:53:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MonFusil] [#6]
Originally Posted By Outrider:

Looks like a LaRue MBT
View Quote
I think you're right, thanks!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:56:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#7]
View Quote
The MBT is a nice trigger, especially at it's price. It has a wide flat trigger shoe that felt good to me. I have now made the switch to the G SDC for blasters and the SDE for precision. I've really grown to like them and the flat triggers in general.

ETA: Maybe make this a picture and discussion thread? Would be good to shoot the shit on various configurations and spitball ideas.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:03:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Idk if this is too clone for this but, my mre is rocking a block II optic until I can fund a short dot and a CQD endplate for my single point LBT sling.

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:08:14 PM EDT
[#9]
The MBT is a nice trigger, especially at it's price. It has a wide flat trigger shoe that felt good to me. I have now made the switch to the G SDC for blasters and the SDE for precision. I've really grown to like them and the flat triggers in general.

ETA: Maybe make this a picture and discussion thread? Would be good to shoot the shit on various configurations and spitball ideas.
View All Quotes

Edited title and op
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dobs013:
Idk if this is too clone for this but, my mre is rocking a block II optic until I can fund a short dot and a CQD endplate for my single point LBT sling.

https://i.imgur.com/OMbiS5p.jpg
View Quote
This thread is for it all
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#11]

https://i.imgur.com/OMbiS5p.jpg
View Quote
You're good. I think it's refreshing to have such a variety of builds and clone/ish rifles to look at.

The MRE builds really have me on the fence. I've got a nice Lone Star grip and CAR stock in the spare parts bin that would be sweet on a setup. I'd chop the barrel back and have the NT4 sit up against the rail. Run a micro on top. I just don't know how often it's something I'd take out to shoot. I've really worked on paring my collection down to stuff I know I will use and enjoy shooting. I don't know if I'd care for the weight on said setup though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:14:03 PM EDT
[#12]
I realized my pictures above were Mk14 and not the 16. Also went with the 1.93 G mount which I really like. Current configuration:

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#13]

You're good. I think it's refreshing to have such a variety of builds and clone/ish rifles to look at.

The MRE builds really have me on the fence. I've got a nice Lone Star grip and CAR stock in the spare parts bin that would be sweet on a setup. I'd chop the barrel back and have the NT4 sit up against the rail. Run a micro on top. I just don't know how often it's something I'd take out to shoot. I've really worked on paring my collection down to stuff I know I will use and enjoy shooting. I don't know if I'd care for the weight on said setup though.
View Quote
I was anticipating it being on the heavier side but it's not all that bad right now. I really like the 231 on it. I'm thinking its gonna be this way for a while bc I'm not gonna have short dot money anytime soon
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:15:33 PM EDT
[#14]

I was anticipating it being on the heavier side but it's not all that bad right now. I really like the 231 on it. I'm thinking its gonna be this way for a while bc I'm not gonna have short dot money anytime soon
View Quote
I've thought a pencil barrel or something contoured similarly would work well. Then again throwing a NT4 at the end would screw up pretty much anything balance wise.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:15:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: oldbrowndog] [#15]
That Mod 2 CQB with the Mk14/16 and the corncob makes me feel things....
A Mod 2 with a Federal Mk4 would be tits.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:19:50 PM EDT
[#16]
I realized my pictures above were Mk14 and not the 16. Also went with the 1.93 G mount which I really like. Current configuration:

https://i.imgur.com/XthStpb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iW4D6Ff.jpg
View Quote
G is in the wild. Any of their stuff flies in here
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By SDMF_Rebel:

G is in the wild. Any of their stuff flies in here
View Quote
It was more so the fact that it was my old configuration. The builds are so similar I didn't notice at a quick glance.

So my current project is trying to squeeze an AEM5 on the shortest rifle length gas system barrel I can. Spikes makes the neat gas block/collar combo to reduce the overall length. I figure a rifle length gas 16.5 ish setup with the AEM5 should be a very nice shooter. 13.5 URX 3.1 should be in today and a SPR barrel tomorrow to confirm fitment before proceeding.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 12:42:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MonFusil] [#18]
I'll throw my hat in. This one is a true bastard from parts lying around after years of toying. I have an RAS on the way hopefully, so it'll change a bit for the better (nevermind that I sold a couple back in 2011/2012 for pennies compared ).

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:00:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256] [#19]
Love the look of the MK18 Mod 0 but didn't feel like going full clone, so this is what I settled on

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 1:04:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sandblaster] [#20]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Way cool thread idea.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 2:51:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Infidel4life11] [#22]
Given a box of Mil parts and told to build a rifle:

Duty Gun

Build Gun
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:17:12 PM EDT
[#23]
My mini recce. Still a work in progress.
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

14.5" Mod H
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:23:01 PM EDT
[#24]
My kinda Block 1.5. Pretty much GI stuff other than the Larue rail and Lone Star Ordnance A1-style PG which I believe are legit for the time.

And yes, the Aimpoint mount (but not the sight) is on backwards. I wanted all the stuff that sticks out on the right side.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:25:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Is that last picture on Disney Drive at Bagram? Lol good times there! I love this new thread need more pics!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll throw my hat in. This one is a true bastard from parts lying around after years of toying. I have an RAS on the way hopefully, so it'll change a bit for the better (nevermind that I sold a couple back in 2011/2012 for pennies compared ).

https://i.imgur.com/wiorzsY.jpg?1
View Quote
I actually really like this bastard of a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:16:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I've had a few...
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:29:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARogueNinja] [#29]

The FF RAS King! That bottom build is so awesome. You have a NT4 in jail don't you?
View Quote
Been in hand since mid-November!

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 4:32:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Outrider] [#30]
Originally Posted By ARogueNinja:

Been in hand since mid-November!
View Quote
So you need to take some updated photos!

ETA: There we go.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:19:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

And I know this one is a stretch, but this is a pic of a Green Beret with a Noveske N6, and below that is my build inspired by it.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 5:22:55 PM EDT
[#32]
I fucking love this thread so far
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:23:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Recce inspired

orphant annie
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:05:52 PM EDT
[#35]
This thread is off to a good start
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:48:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:04:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Been think'n about starting a concept-clone thread for a while now. Glad someone finally did.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: imdBman] [#38]
Awesome Thread! Place holder.  Out of town and can't post now. In on page 1

Inspired by;

And
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:15:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: compuvette] [#39]
Some nice sticks in this thread already!

Some of mine:

Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:26:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 100roundclipazine] [#40]
Fuuuuuuuuucckkk
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 11:55:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:39:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigeasygator] [#42]
I’ll play (I think...can never seem to get my pictures to show up!)
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:11:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Three0h8] [#43]
About to tear this one apart and build an upper with a 14.5 socom barrel and a rifle length ras but wanted to post it before I did. Not sure if I'll use the medium ras for something or get a 10.3" barrel and a carbine ras to replace this.

Link Posted: 1/18/2019 3:02:36 AM EDT
[#44]
FN surplused upper and the sling I used to qual with in the Fleet.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Now I have an MRE and some other goodies on the way.  Let the GWOT Legos begin.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Kinda gee-wotty.  But I look at an ACOG and think "i could put optics on like....3 different guns for that same price"

ohana by Armed Ferret, on Flickr
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:
Kinda gee-wotty.  But I look at an ACOG and think "i could put optics on like....3 different guns for that same price"

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7837/45810766175_b1032fce81_b.jpg
View Quote
I have that same problem
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:11:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Infidel4life11:

I have that same problem
View Quote
Commander just came thru and told us we're out at 1400 today, so I should have some light left after my run to get a few updated snaps of a few other guns that are more or less cloney, but definitely not optics wise (and the holland is wearing a YHM QD mount for the time being till the AEM5 is released).  So I'll have some other stuff to share later.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#49]
I have that same problem
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7837/45810766175_b1032fce81_b.jpg
I have that same problem
I'm steering more towards less rifles in the collection overall but full decked out. Quality over quantity. I used to have so many half ass projects and stuff that constantly got built, torn down, etc without ever being shot. There's plenty of other configurations I'd like to own but I've come to realize that they won't get shot or used. I'm not a collector type so I rather have a super fine optic on one rifle than 2-3 rifles with no or cheaper optics. Just my personal preference these days.
Link Posted: 1/18/2019 1:52:48 PM EDT
[#50]

I'm steering more towards less rifles in the collection overall but full decked out. Quality over quantity. I used to have so many half ass projects and stuff that constantly got built, torn down, etc without ever being shot. There's plenty of other configurations I'd like to own but I've come to realize that they won't get shot or used. I'm not a collector type so I rather have a super fine optic on one rifle than 2-3 rifles with no or cheaper optics. Just my personal preference these days.
View Quote
Ditto, I will have 4.  KAC 18, 16, 11.5 and Colt/ KAC 11.5 mutt, done.  Oh and whatever the lunchbox 2019 gun will be.

. Haha
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 180
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top