Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2017 9:25:13 AM EDT
So between the two, which would have the most potential for accuracy? The Colt 6920 at the prices they are nowadays is pretty tempting, and I'm sure they are durable. But with the new SW 1/8 twist and 5r rifling, with mid length gas, they seem like a pretty solid buy as well. Thoughts?
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:41:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Chances are that any good nitride barrel, even if not 5r, will have better accuracy potential than rack grade chrome lined Colt barrels.  Nitride treatment hardens the steel, itself, at the molecular level, wiyhout changing the dimensions of contours and edges of the rifling.  Chrome lining is a plating, which can be uneven.

S&W's wholly owned subsidiary, Thompson Center, makes those barrel, and TC has a good rep for accuracy.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The M&P’s look sweet. I don’t know why they aren’t more popular here. I like the Magpul MOE mid-length version.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 1:29:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly... On paper the M&P has better accuracy potential. In the real world both rifles are 1.5 to 1 MOA with the right ammo ect. Both are great rifles and well made. The Colt has the mil spec and battle proven track record but the M&P has proven to be very high quality at low cost. Choice is yours so pick the rifle you like best you will be happy with either one.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top