Posted: 10/9/2016 6:14:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault]
Upper:
- Colt AF/Armalite M4 if rebuilt off SPR
- Colt Keyhole M4
- Keyhole Forge M4 black or FDE if full upper built by PRI

Barrel:
- Custom spun Heavy/SPR profile mid-gas from unknown blank
- Special Noveske 16" Recon, mid-length gas with custom heavier (~.742") profile in front of gas block for Ops Inc 12th Model, FDE coated (likely Duracoat, could be GunKote or Cerakote)

Gas Block:
- PRI .750 Black

BCG:
- Colt's M16 or other M16 contract replacement

Handguard:
- Precision Reflex 3rd Generation CF FF Handguard, rifle length, FDE [or Black if doing a full black upper but non-Noveske barrel]

CH:
- PRI Gas Buster M84 with military latch, black [Later pattern, no "welded" latch hotdog]
- Badger Ambi CH

Muzzle Device:
- Ops Inc 12th Model Brake and collar, and 12th Model suppressor

Scope Rings:

W/PRI Recce Rail:

- A.R.M.S. #22 Medium

- OPS rings

- Nightforce A107

- Badger 30mm Unimount

No Recce Rail

- LaRue LT-104

- A.R.M.S. #22 High

- Nightforce A203 (XX High) Or A110 (X High)

Bipod:
- Harris BRM-S with PodLoc
* A.R.M.S. #32
* KAC RAS bipod adapter
* LaRue LT-130 QD bipod adapter

- Atlas direct rail mount bipod BT-10
- LaRue LT-706/ Harris BRM-S combo
- VersaPods with ARMS #42 mount [claw or rubber feet]

BUIS:
- Black PRI [rarely if used if at all]
- ARMS #40 Standalone rear

Lower

Rcvr:
- Colt's or GM Hydramatic M16A1 (Anniston Depot markings on some)

Grip:
- A2
- Magpul MIAD
- Tango Down
- Ergo
- Sierra SPR

Trigger:
- Accuracy Speaks Full Auto Match
- KAC Adjustable F/A 2-stage
- Geissele SSF

Selector:
- DPMS Ambidextrous full-auto (old gen, ca 2000-2003 timeframe)
- Standard M16 style

Buttstock:
- ACE SOCOM Carbine or Rifle length - Gens 1-3
- SOPMOD Gen 1 or 2 [black or tan]
- Magpul
* ACS
* PRS
* CTR

Optics:
- Leupold 3-9x36 M3 TS-30A2 Illum Mildot
- Mk4 MR/T 2.5-8x36 M2 (with or without TS-30A2markings), Illuminated MilDot OR TMR reticle
- Leupold Vari-X III 3.5-10x40 LR, M3 turrets, Illuminated Mil-Dot reticle
- FDE Leupold Mk4 3.5-10x40, M2 turrets, Illuminated TMR (ala M110)
- S&B Short-Dot
- Bushnell SMRS 1-8
- Leupold Vari-X III LR M3 with Premier Reticles Gen 2 MilDot conversion [in LT-104 Mount]

Notes:

There are 3 rough iterations of the Mod H:

1)First handful were built at SOTIC armory directly by MSG Holland and another gentleman, using COTS parts ordered from Brownells etc. The one we can see closely had a black Colt Keyhole forged upper, black PRI Gen III handguard rifle length, and a black PRI Recce Rail. The barrel was unmarked, with a heavy/SPR profile, mid-gas, and OPS profile, and coated black. Only 2 of this type have been photographed, one of which may have actually had a Noveske barrel.

2)The second, larger grouping of Hollands were rebuilds of original SPRs. These can be distinguished as they all have FDE Gen III handguards, and retained the upper and lowers from the SPRs, often identified in that the upper and lower have matching worn rattlecan paint but the handguard is unpainted. Often the optics, suppressor, etc matched the upper/lower. These had the Noveske FDE barrels. Non rattlecanned ones you can identify by their uppers being Colt AF forgemark or Armalite (haven't seen one, but likely in the mix).

3)The third iteration apparently were assembled by Precision Reflex, with them supplying new parts for the entire upper. These had Keyhole forge contract uppers coated in FDE, FDE Gen III handguards, FDE Noveske barrels, contract M16 BCGs. These likely were supplied with the Recce Rails, maybe with PRI back-up irons as well (though apparently rarely even used).

Photos

I would like to give a special thanks to 18E3V and Nikiel09 for the information about the "Holland" program that they have given over the years in the MK12 thread.  I would also like to thank HaveBlue83 and the other members  who helped in creation of this thread
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By exhogflyer:

Alright, where did you find it?
View Quote

I am honestly trolling every board I can find including ebay, armslist, GB, FB groups. It takes a crap load of time (too much really imo).

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:04:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, every now and then I'll find some more obscure classified sight and think "Hmm..maybe I'll get lucky and find a Gen 1 Ace here??!!"

Then I do a search and see someone already beat me with the "WTB Ace...." haha
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 7:36:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#3]
Originally Posted By HaveBlue83:
talking directly with the 5Th group armorer twice has opened my eyes. 

this thread is dedicated to a bright-idea-fairy SPR weapons system that was not approved by SOCOM or anyone, funded with FOU money, and bynthe time all the kinks were worked out of it, the bad taste of a non mission-capable first fielding was already there. 

but it shot lights-out. and still does. 

and Swan and Holland arent revered for their....parts and parts selection LOL. 
View Quote

I know the Holland isn't official/red headed stepchild of the MK12 world but to me it's what I imagine an SF rifle would look like. It just has that great parts bin/cobble job look (especially with the Ace stock) that makes it so distinguishable. It's kind of rifle I would expect if armory keys were handed to a bunch of saltdog SF guys with years of experience = "This armory is fully stocked with everything....build what you want!"

I've gone to the gun ranges with various expensive/unique rifles (usually with friends that own them) and the Holland gets way more looks/questions than any other past range rifle. When figuring out a MK12 project, the look and odd history of the gun is probably what sucked me in the most. The fact an O-5 (low man on the totem pole for field grade officers) was able to make this project happen is impressive. It's even crazier if you've come from a branch/unit that totally frowns upon any changes in your personal rifle....like when I asked to add a collapsible stock on my M16A4 and was given the usual "You must have lost your gd mind if you think we'll approve that!!"

Yes, it's a bit of a romantic view of the gun but I don't imagine many future rifles coming together in a similar way as the Mod H.
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 11:52:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Regulatori:

I know the Holland isn't official/red headed stepchild of the MK12 world but to me it's what I imagine an SF rifle would look like. It just has that great parts bin/cobble job look (especially with the Ace stock) that makes it so distinguishable. It's kind of rifle I would expect if armory keys were handed to a bunch of saltdog SF guys with years of experience = "This armory is fully stocked with everything....build what you want!"

I've gone to the gun ranges with various expensive/unique rifles (usually with friends that own them) and the Holland gets way more looks/questions than any other past range rifle. When figuring out a MK12 project, the look and odd history of the gun is probably what sucked me in the most. The fact an O-5 (low man on the totem pole for field grade officers) was able to make this project happen is impressive. It's even crazier if you've come from a branch/unit that totally frowns upon any changes in your personal rifle....like when I asked to add a collapsible stock on my M16A4 and was given the usual "You must have lost your gd mind if you think we'll approve that!!"

Yes, it's a bit of a romantic view of the gun but I don't imagine many future rifles coming together in a similar way as the Mod H.
View Quote

Amen. I feel the same way. Preach!
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 6:00:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 8NAK4:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 8NAK4:

Preach, Brother!

I'm really enjoying putting together my Holland, waiting for the last part PRI Gen 3 handguard. By far, this is my favorite rifle in the MK12 family, every parts about this setup just make sense. 
Thanks everyone for all the info and where to find parts.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:23:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Personally, I really like clones it's like a bit of history that I can be a part of and use.I have 4 right now, and when the last one was finished I said "done". Then, I saw this thread about the Mod H, and after reading I quickly told myself " nope, I'm not doing this again". I mean, it's like a Mod 0 in many ways and I didn't want to do a Mod 1 because it's too much like my SAMR. But, something about it's short barrel look grew on me, so here we are
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#7]
The Mod H family is growing.  There wasn't really a whole lot until this thread murfed from the Mk12 thread.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:10:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mad4wd:

I am honestly trolling every board I can find including ebay, armslist, GB, FB groups. It takes a crap load of time (too much really imo).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170061/image4-153753.JPG
View Quote

That top Gen 1 is that the long version collapsed?  I'm thinking I'll just get the long version and lock it in the 9" position.  The rifle spring and buffer will smooth out the recoil, not that it needs it but it will be softer than the carbine buffer.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:35:00 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm really digging the look of my rifle with the lonestar on it . Feels nice too

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By prskiller:

That top Gen 1 is that the long version collapsed?  I'm thinking I'll just get the long version and lock it in the 9" position.  The rifle spring and buffer will smooth out the recoil, not that it needs it but it will be softer than the carbine buffer.
View Quote

Yes, Here is a pic side by side with the M4 extended and Rifle fully collapsed. They are pretty close but not exact. The M4 foam is available new along with the buffer tube. If you put the beveled M4 replacement foam on the rifle length in my opinion you would never be able to tell unless you looked at the top of the stock.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:09:03 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes, Here is a pic side by side with the M4 extended and Rifle fully collapsed. They are pretty close but not exact. The M4 foam is available new along with the buffer tube. If you put the beveled M4 replacement foam on the rifle length in my opinion you would never be able to tell unless you looked at the top of the stock.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170061/image3--1--154525.JPG
View Quote

Awesome!  Thanks for sharing that.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 4:37:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sommere54] [#12]

Slowly coming together.

Wish I could find a Gen 1 stock
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 5:15:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#13]

I just gave up looking and ordered the current production one.  It's not like my Mod-H is clone correct anyway, it shoots the wrong size bullets to start with.

Your rifle is going to look great regardless.

Here is how mine sits now (almost, the Dr is gone).  The Magpul ACS got swiped away by the SR-25.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:30:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Mblades:

I just gave up looking and ordered the current production one.  It's not like my Mod-H is clone correct anyway, it shoots the wrong size bullets to start with.

Here is how mine sits now (almost, the Dr is gone).  The Magpul ACS got swiped away by the SR-25.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/ModHCAR_zpsmjyk26ho.jpg
View Quote

Nice stick. Out of curiosity, what cartridge are you running? 300 BO?

I'm back and forth on the glass between a NF 2.5-10x32 or a Leupy 3.5-10. Probably come down to what I can get a deal on when I have the funds.

I've got an LT 104 in the parts box, but can't bring myself to put it on the recce rail. Probably end up with some altered #22 rings.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Range day

77gr OTM 5 shot group @ 100 yrd w/ Mod H

Packed away with big brother. Need another case.

Link Posted: 2/26/2017 10:14:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mblades] [#16]
Originally Posted By sommere54:

I'm back and forth on the glass between a NF 2.5-10x32 or a Leupy 3.5-10. Probably come down to what I can get a deal on when I have the funds.

I've got an LT 104 in the parts box, but can't bring myself to put it on the recce rail. Probably end up with some altered #22 rings.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sommere54:

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/ModHCAR_zpsmjyk26ho.jpg

It's a 6.5 Grendel.  I'd wanted to build a Mk12 in 6.5G for a long time.  Originally I wanted a Mod 1 in 6.5 to complement the early SPR/Mod 0 I had at the time.   After selling the Mod 0 and being out of the Mk12 world for a while a deal on a cheap 16" Grendel barrel eventually morphed into a Mod-H looking gun.  After realizing the 6.5 in just about any bullet weight vomits in the face of the puny 77gr SMK, I decide to get more serious and wanted a barrel with a SAMMI chamber so I could work of established load data.  I found a deal on a 18" Lilja barrel and decided to have ADCO shorten it to 16" and put the proper OPS contour on it for future suppressor aspirations.  

It's not a perfect clone by any stretch and I'm always tempted to get an A1 lower and other parts to bring it close to spec but I've been down that road. At this point I'd rather spend the time I have shooting the thing and not looking for a Gen 1 Ace stock or whatever part to bring it closer to spec.  Tracking down parts can be a fun and rewarding hobby in its own right and I always applaud the efforts of those that do and call the people that stray from clone spec heretics.  If a PRI trade in upper came up for sale I may be tempted but short of that I'll stick with the 6.5 and drool over other people's builds.

Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:43:33 AM EDT
[#17]

It's a 6.5 Grendel.  I'd wanted to build a Mk12 in 6.5G for a long time.  Originally I wanted a Mod 1 in 6.5 to complement the early SPR/Mod 0 I had at the time.   After selling the Mod 0 and being out of the Mk12 world for a while a deal on a cheap 16" Grendel barrel eventually morphed into a Mod-H looking gun.  After realizing the 6.5 in just about any bullet weight vomits in the face of the puny 77gr SMK, I decide to get more serious and wanted a barrel with a SAMMI chamber so I could work of established load data.  I found a deal on a 18" Lilja barrel and decided to have ADCO shorten it to 16" and put the proper OPS contour on it for future suppressor aspirations.  

It's not a perfect clone by any stretch and I'm always tempted to get an A1 lower and other parts to bring it close to spec but I've been down that road. At this point I'd rather spend the time I have shooting the thing and not looking for a Gen 1 Ace stock or whatever part to bring it closer to spec.  Tracking down parts can be a fun and rewarding hobby in its own right and I always applaud the efforts of those that do and call the people that stray from clone spec heretics.  If a PRI trade in upper came up for sale I may be tempted but short of that I'll stick with the 6.5 and drool over other people's builds.

http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww232/Kyle_OA/Mobile%20Uploads/7C8BA990-542B-4FD8-BFA3-34816DE50448_zpssegrgdog.jpg
View Quote

i want to do a 6.5gr so bad. i just havent. its gotta be great to not need to hold 2mils at 600yds for wind lol. 

you guys are funny as shit with the gen 1 rifle tubes and the foam, hiding the lengths and such lol. ya'll are desperate! :P

i got the sling swivel kit in the bag too :P
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:06:19 PM EDT
[#18]
I need too bite the bullet and build one of these...
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:51:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By BrennanHuff556:
View Quote

Yes, yes you do
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By K_weez:
Range day

http://i.imgur.com/BSBPQKH.jpg?1

http://i.imgur.com/NvohD49.jpg?1

77gr OTM 5 shot group @ 100 yrd w/ Mod H

http://i.imgur.com/K1JwbGs.jpg?1

Packed away with big brother. Need another case.

http://i.imgur.com/5je1wen.jpg?1
View Quote

Hell yes!  That looks like a good day at the range
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By chenault:

Yes, yes you do
View Quote

ill work it in before I get my suppressor
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:22:23 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

trust me, its the most badass yet maneuverable yet accurate middy rifle you will ever have. but....you GOTTA eventually have it suppressed. the look and sound is so fun. i havent shot mine unsuppressed in a long ass time. it wont even cycle with the can off lol. 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:27:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chenault] [#23]

trust me, its the most badass yet maneuverable yet accurate middy rifle you will ever have. but....you GOTTA eventually have it suppressed. the look and sound is so fun. i havent shot mine unsuppressed in a long ass time. it wont even cycle with the can off lol. 
View Quote

I agree with this, it's the best part of the rifle.  I've had mine for three years and still get giddy and expecting someone to come take it away from me because nothing this fun should be legal.  I've shot several suppressors and it's the best 556/223 suppressor I've heard.  I let a guy with a Surefire shoot it a couple weeks ago and he wasn't really happy when I told him mine was half the cost of his.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:39:51 AM EDT
[#24]
one day ill have an aem5. for now ill malke due with my retrofit HTA that is decent. hopefully in 2 years i can grab one depending on my fundage

.kinda waiting on the HPA now tho. one day.....ome day..mm

someone use a Db meter app to see what levels a mod h with an a5 is like!
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 12:45:59 AM EDT
[#25]
one day ill have an aem5. for now ill malke due with my retrofit HTA that is decent. hopefully in 2 years i can grab one depending on my fundage

.kinda waiting on the HPA now tho. one day.....ome day..mm

someone use a Db meter app to see what levels a mod h with an a5 is like!
View Quote

Next time I'm at the range I'll take mine out.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Didn't get pics, but with a 15-18mph full value steady wind on Saturday, the IMI Razor from Midway did about 1.25" or so at 100, all horizontal stringing.  Vertical variance was about 3/4", so I think I'll get a bit more and go longer next time when it's also a lot more calm.  

Ballistic Advantage barrel.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Am I the only one who jumps on here daily to look at the latest pics and info? Please say it's NOT just me........damn this is a real bad affliction.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Am I the only one who jumps on here daily to look at the latest pics and info? Please say it's NOT just me........damn this is a real bad affliction.
View Quote

Lol nope your not the only one
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:35:15 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

I'm here every day.... even while traveling.

And I'm kind of getting sick of Mk12s...
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:47:16 AM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

You're not alone
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 3:05:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Changed paint today and managed to find some of my old mags from the sand box days.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By TEXASGUNGUY022003:
Changed paint today and managed to find some of my old mags from the sand box days.
View Quote

Pure sickness !
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:42:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Just putting this here so the pressure is on

emailed noveske last night asking about the barrels and this is what I got, fingers crossed

Edited with my daughters coloring app  

Link Posted: 2/28/2017 7:51:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By chenault:

I agree with this, it's the best part of the rifle.  I've had mine for three years and still get giddy and expecting someone to come take it away from me because nothing this fun should be legal.  I've shot several suppressors and it's the best 556/223 suppressor I've heard.  I let a guy with a Surefire shoot it a couple weeks ago and he wasn't really happy when I told him mine was half the cost of his.
View Quote

I guess I should of just bought two AEM5s instead of a surefire 300sps maybe ill just have to buy another one, once I get some appropriate optics.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:21:56 PM EDT
[#35]
Just putting this here so the pressure is on

emailed noveske last night asking about the barrels and this is what I got, fingers crossed

Edited with my daughters coloring app  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462470/Screenshot-2017-02-28-18-19-50-156088.png

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/462470/Screenshot-2017-02-28-18-18-01-156089.png
View Quote

*talking to noveske with a pissy tone*
since you love reading this thread, let your people know that they maybe shouldnt shoot someone down on having custom barrels made in batches, because i asked about this LAST YEAR and i was blatently told that there are NO custom runs of anything. short. blunt. no. 

why the sudden change? give it to me straight. 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:32:07 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Something about several other manufacturers filling the gap they very snidely refused to fill, and now they're peanut butter and jealous those makers are having steady sales.  
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By ArmedFerret:

Something about several other manufacturers filling the gap they very snidely refused to fill, and now they're peanut butter and jealous those makers are having steady sales.  
View Quote

supply and demand . I will be so happy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#38]
 im sick and pissed off about many things right now, so im gonna just glaze over this topic lol. i already got frustrated about this last year 
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 9:54:27 PM EDT
[#39]

*talking to noveske with a pissy tone*
since you love reading this thread, let your people know that they maybe shouldnt shoot someone down on having custom barrels made in batches, because i asked about this LAST YEAR and i was blatently told that there are NO custom runs of anything. short. blunt. no. 

View Quote

Probably because prior to the election their lathe time was taken up with normally scheduled production to meet demand....now I'm sure they wish their lathes were busier....simple economics now. They will make 20 to 50 and see how they sell now that they have the time due to decreased workload on the floor.
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:04:57 PM EDT
[#40]
 im sick and pissed off about many things right now, so im gonna just glaze over this topic lol. i already got frustrated about this last year 
View Quote

sorry friend if it makes you feel any better I'm going to start collecting parts
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 10:41:31 PM EDT
[#41]

sorry friend if it makes you feel any better I'm going to start collecting parts
View All Quotes

If it works out great we will all benefit from it, if not then we're no worse off than we are right now.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:00:39 AM EDT
[#42]

Probably because prior to the election their lathe time was taken up with normally scheduled production to meet demand....now I'm sure they wish their lathes were busier....simple economics now. They will make 20 to 50 and see how they sell now that they have the time due to decreased workload on the floor.
View Quote

Do you think that there are that many people building clones of these? Or there is that much demand for that specific barrel? Just curious not trying to start a shit-storm
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:31:01 AM EDT
[#43]
More than 20 to 50? I think without a problem they could move that. If they make them reasonable and not try to be in the 500.00 + range ( it's a Noveske not a Bartlein ) Some guys want everything as correct as they can...if you think a barrel like that is expensive....never, never, never go on a night shoot with a Peq and Nods...that is a deep hole to go down..lol. Start pricing out some of the kit you see....the rifle is not even close to the biggest cost.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 7:18:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Regulatori] [#44]
After cleaning the barrel and heading to the range, how many shots does your Mod H take to get back to shooting your previous zero? Let's say it's a 50-60 degree day.

With my old Remington 700P, it would only take maybe 2-3 shots to get right back on zero. My H does have the fuller profile/heavier SPR barrel though.

My Mod H takes quite a few. At least 5+ and I'm not running any harsh cleaners either (Butch's/CLP). Today I started messing around with my turrets a bit after 5 thinking it's the new box of ammo (same round/new box).

Around my 10th shot I'm hitting center/grouping tight....then the facepalm moment when I glance at my turrets and see they're back to my original settings 0/0

Just curious how many shots you guys need to get back to zero after a cleaning/cold bore?

I usually clean the barrel after every range visit....whether it's 20 rounds or 50. I try do it at the range when the barrel is still warm and the Butch's isn't sticking up my house.
Do you guys do more/less cleaning?
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#45]
I usually clean the barrel after every range visit....whether it's 20 rounds or 50. I try do it at the range when the barrel is still warm and the Butch's isn't sticking up my house.
View Quote

I clean barrels when accuracy degrades (or, in the case of a couple non-chromed AK's, after every range trip because my milsurp ammo is corrosive).  I clean AR BCG's every range trip just because, although it's not necessarily needed due to the self-regulating nature of the DI gas system.  I'll keep stuff wet, to be sure, but I definitely don't sweat barrels until they start shooting worse than I know they can.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Hay guise.

DSG Arms has the AEM5 on sale for mil/LE types right now.  just over 5 bills shipped.

I know cause I broke down and ordered.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 2:02:07 PM EDT
[#47]
I emailed Noveske through their website last night and Matt already responded they have no plans for a run on Ops Inc profiled 16inchers at this time... Maybe it depends on who you ask :)
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 5:12:54 PM EDT
[#48]
After cleaning the barrel and heading to the range, how many shots does your Mod H take to get back to shooting your previous zero? Let's say it's a 50-60 degree day.

With my old Remington 700P, it would only take maybe 2-3 shots to get right back on zero. My H does have the fuller profile/heavier SPR barrel though.

My Mod H takes quite a few. At least 5+ and I'm not running any harsh cleaners either (Butch's/CLP). Today I started messing around with my turrets a bit after 5 thinking it's the new box of ammo (same round/new box).

Around my 10th shot I'm hitting center/grouping tight....then the facepalm moment when I glance at my turrets and see they're back to my original settings 0/0

Just curious how many shots you guys need to get back to zero after a cleaning/cold bore?

View Quote

Why do you clean so much?  I've heard that some serious HiPower shooters don't clean their barrels all season.  

I barely ever clean my AR's and the recce still seems to shoot pretty decent.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 6:47:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By jsy_1977:
I emailed Noveske through their website last night and Matt already responded they have no plans for a run on Ops Inc profiled 16inchers at this time... Maybe it depends on who you ask :)
View Quote

be patient.
Link Posted: 3/1/2017 8:10:58 PM EDT
[#50]

Do you think that there are that many people building clones of these? Or there is that much demand for that specific barrel? Just curious not trying to start a shit-storm
View Quote

I had too seem somewhat convincing I think more people would build them and some may swap their barrels as well. I'm still going to build one regardless but ill hold off on a barrel as long as I can.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 115
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top