Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2016 8:47:23 PM EDT
I have read good and bad reports on the Magpul MFG angled fore grip. I tried the straight up grip handle on the forend but don't feel comfortable with it. I am told that the angled grip allows for a more comfortable holding position, and less arm strain..
Looking for reports from those that have used this grip or presently use it. How do you like it? Better than without one? More comfortable grip maybe? Comments are appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 8:57:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I've tried them on several  different length handguards, and was never able to find a position that was truly comfortable.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 9:14:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one and I like it. I don't think it would be useful on the very short rails like the drop in m4 RAS, but for rails that you take up more of a C clamp grip on I think they work great.

I started off with a vertical grip but I didn't find it comfortable. With the angled for grip it relieves some of the twist in your wrist compared to a straight rail, but it doesn't have the wonky feel of a vertical grip. It's not perfect for going around tight corners, but inside a house I usually grab the magwell anyways.

Overall I like it a lot but it's really personally preference. YMMV
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:27:20 PM EDT
[#3]
They're huge and unless you shoot the exact same way every time, they're always in the way.  Huge waste of money IMO.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:28:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I absolutely love mine on my 10" rail. It just works perfect for how I grip the gun, I've tried the straight grip and that works OK, but for me afg is where its at.

Edit: before I purchased one I completely hated the look. I decided to actually try one out, and well now I'm hooked.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#5]
I have two and like them both.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 10:41:14 PM EDT
[#6]
I've tried them, and find that for me, the stubby VFG works better.

IMHO this falls into the "whatever works best for you" category.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Try a B5 Grip Stop. Best of both afg and vfg worlds
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 7:46:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I find that it helps me shoot the same way every time. That's why I like it. And the size is fine for me. But I also don't wear gloves or have giant hands. :)
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#9]
I tried the grip and angled grips and found I liked none. I did however find that I like the tube style slim rails more so than anything else.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:11:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I have them on 3 different rifles. I like them.

I have been wanting to try a 360 vertical foregrip like the mid-evil industries style.
Link Posted: 4/24/2016 1:53:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top