Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/29/2015 8:08:52 PM EDT
My buddy built this rifle and boy is it a shooter. It is nothing  fancy but holds 1.5-2" groups at 100rds with PMC, Monacrch, and Tula .223. Federal 5.56 ammo held about 2" as well. That is all I am asking for of this rifle. I needed quick handling inside of 100 yds and reliability. It has eaten everything I have run through it.

Specs:

Aero Precision upper
Aero Precision lower
DTI 5.56 LW Barrel
MPI Tested B/BCG
Standard Milspec LPK
Magpul furniture w/CTR STOCK
TRIJICON TA33g on Larue mount
ARMS 40 BUIS

Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:15:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice, simple, and effective build, I like it.. Definitely reminds me of one of my rifles when I bought my very first ACOG..

And for a non-relevant post, I wish I could get my St. Aug grass to look that good..LOL..
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice, simple, and effective build, I like it.. Definitely reminds me of one of my rifles when I bought my very first ACOG..

And for a non-relevant post, I wish I could get my St. Aug grass to look that good..LOL..
View Quote

I have to work hard at the grass. Spittal Bugs drove me crazy this year....lol
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 9:06:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice, clean build.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#4]
That looks damn near perfect, a BCM mod 4 charging handle would finish that off nicely.
Link Posted: 10/29/2015 10:25:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We definitely need to meet up for a range session soon. I haven't shot at Gateway in quite a while and have been going to Ancient City since the owner lets us shoot for free sometimes. We also have been using a range in St Aug that goes out to 600yards. Let me know if you ever want to meet up for the 1000 yard range in Hastings that we use but, you have to qual at every 100 yard increments out to 1k before you can have free range to shoot at those distances.

Link Posted: 10/30/2015 12:23:01 AM EDT
[#6]
whats it weigh
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 7:37:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
whats it weigh
View Quote

It weighs about 7lbs with a fully loaded mag. Not as light as some on here but very handy and not too wippy as some of the 5-1/2lb guns. Some are too light.
Link Posted: 11/2/2015 10:58:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

It weighs about 7lbs with a fully loaded mag. Not as light as some on here but very handy and not too wippy as some of the 5-1/2lb guns. Some are too light.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
whats it weigh

7lbs is pretty good for a 16" barrel with loaded mag.

If you feel like doing more work on it checkout vertexops, they carry lots of lightweight parts, my favorite are produced by V7.
Also, IMO i have yet to hit the point where my rifle is "too light" or difficult to control recoil and im working my way down towards 6lbs loaded.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top