Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2015 11:01:19 AM EDT
Hey guys i just bought my first AR the AR556 made by ruger http://www.ruger.com/products/ar556/models.html I was wondering if there was a way to change the hand guard to have one that has a rails. I'm wanting to put a flashlight on it. How do I know which will fit? Any recommendations to some cheaper ones?
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
An option

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/tmc-1-light-mount-n-slot/
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Any drop in carbine length rails will fit it
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 10:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
What would be something that is cheap but you guys would also recommend, I actually like the way these guns look with a nice hand guard
Link Posted: 6/7/2015 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There are lots of solid quad rail options out there. If you want light weight and the ability to easily mount a light, look into the Magpul SL handguard. They are inexpensive, comfortable and durable.
Link Posted: 6/8/2015 12:26:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What would be something that is cheap but you guys would also recommend, I actually like the way these guns look with a nice hand guard
View Quote

Midwest Industries makes pretty cost effective drop in rails that would do the job. Check out their web page, and have a look. Tell them what rifle it's going on and you'd like a simple drop-in model.

Link Posted: 6/8/2015 11:43:55 PM EDT
[#7]
The Magpul SL handguard is a pretty good choice.  You can add rails as you need them and it's only $35 dollars.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 9:02:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Any others? I like the way that those midwest industries look, is 100 bucks a lot or is that normal?
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 10:40:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Any others? I like the way that those midwest industries look, is 100 bucks a lot or is that normal?
View Quote

Normal, some go way higher than that.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:29:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Check out the under-mounted Alzetta mount; it attaches to the front sight/gas tube. No changing out handguards.

I like mine a LOT.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 12:34:29 AM EDT
[#11]
If you're looking to stay around the $100 range, the KAC RAS are excellent drop ins. They are on the EE a lot for ~$80-$150 depending on condition. Don't be afraid to grab a RAS that isn't necessarily branded/marked as KAC. They are all great, just made by different suppliers.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 1:50:36 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

View Quote

Very much on the inexpensive side for a very decent rail.
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 8:45:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
If you're looking to stay around the $100 range, the KAC RAS are excellent drop ins. They are on the EE a lot for ~$80-$150 depending on condition. Don't be afraid to grab a RAS that isn't necessarily branded/marked as KAC. They are all great, just made by different suppliers.
View Quote

+1
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top