Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2014 8:09:31 AM EDT
I see that Rock River Arms is finally shipping the LAR-47.  Has anyone gotten their hands on one yet?  I would be interested in a review of how well it functions/performs, especially out on the range.  Ammo problems?  Magazine acceptance problems?  I am intrigued by the idea of using 7.62x39 on an AR platform.  I know it has been tried in the past, without a lot of success, and am interested in Rock River's attempt.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:03:48 AM EDT
[#1]
...I guess it must be snowing in hell right now. I'll let you know when I hear the pigs go over.

If the lower is all forged aluminum, I'd pass hard on it.

Sig did the same thing with the early 556Rs, and look how well that went for them.

IF the magwell was steel reinforced, and everything else mates up the way it should, I could see myself maybe getting one.

As it is, I'm in no hurry to be a guinea pig early adopter for RRA.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#2]
just picked on up but have had not time to play with it ... they are real ...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 9:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The magwell itself is aluminum, but we're using a steel cross pin for the mag to lock on, not a shelf in the aluminum.
We're shipping in pretty good numbers now, filling back orders from oldest to newest.  About the only mags we've not been able to make work (and they didn't in our real AKs either) are US Palm and Tapco.  AK drums don't fit/work either.
There is the start of a review of an LAR-47 on the RRA Industry Forum on the long LAR-47 thread.  A client in GA has already covered first impressions upon unpacking, taken photos of specific components upon request of others on the forum, and is going to give a range report soon.
Steve/RRA
View Quote

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 1:38:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmm. And Faxon is nearing a 7.62x39 upper. Sounds like a Lar-47 lower and Faxon upper would be perfect!
Edit: disregard. I see that the Lar-47 is not a standard type lower (which a Faxon upper requires).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top