AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1051 of 1565)
Page / 1565
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Why do those look different than my B5 gripstop Mod 2?
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 3:22:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#3]
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Super_Trouper:
I think they're Lanco, before B5 took the grip stop over
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 3:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:

I think they're Lanco, before B5 took the grip stop over
View Quote
I like the additional material on the front on those models.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:27:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Still needs a few finishing touches, but this is what I've got so far
" />
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 8:59:58 PM EDT
[#6]
So you finally found one?  Nice.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:23:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 46MUSCLE01:
Still needs a few finishing touches, but this is what I've got so far
<a href="http://i.imgur.com/fUg8Xjk.jpg</a>" >[url]http://i.imgur.com/fUg8Xjk.jpg">http://i.imgur.com/fUg8Xjk.jpg">[url=http://imgur.com/fUg8Xjk]http://i.imgur.com/fUg8Xjk.jpg
View Quote
That's nice! Brownells has the sba3 available for preorder for like $112 or somethin around there. I'm sooo tempted. That black one looks great with the mod1.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 9:34:09 PM EDT
[#8]
that had to have been crazy as hell to watch on all accounts. Sounds like maybe the green stuff makes muscles contract or something? That’s nutty that an allergic reaction made it pop out.

This conversation is making me want to wear ballistic goggles 24/7
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jeep450:
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

Operator. Good stuff as always CD.
That was my last picture of my 10.3" till next go around.  Got a non combat eye injury requiring me to see a neurologist stateside.  Double vision sucks unless you're in a tittie bar.

CD
All bad. I've had chunks of steel launched into my eyeball from an angle grinder, hot slag from a weld launched into my eyeball. Eye injuries are the worst.

One of my old welding instructors had a hot piece of steel jettison/melt all the way through his eyeball at work. Doc had to remove his eyeball from the socket to get it out from the back. Gives me the heebie jeebies to think about
A coworker had a allergic reaction to something. His eyeball popped out of the eye socket.

Like hanging down on his cheek. By the cord.

I took him to the hospital and they took some stuff that looked like green slime and put it in the eye socket.

The eyeball retracted back into the socket by itself

One of the wildest things I have ever seen.
that had to have been crazy as hell to watch on all accounts. Sounds like maybe the green stuff makes muscles contract or something? That’s nutty that an allergic reaction made it pop out.

This conversation is making me want to wear ballistic goggles 24/7
“Hey man I can see out of my right eye”

Yea that’s because it’s hanging down on your fucking cheek.

“What the fuck!! How should I hold it?!?!?”

Very carefully!! Get in the truck.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:08:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brodband8] [#9]
Originally Posted By byou79:

So you finally found one?
View Quote
yep
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 6:55:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Dyzastr:
That's nice! Brownells has the sba3 available for preorder for like $112 or somethin around there. I'm sooo tempted. That black one looks great with the mod1.
View Quote
They were $99 at primary for the 4th. I wish I would have bought two instead of one. Its an awesome brace, Ive been trying to hold out until the Form 1 came back but ended up caving. No regertz.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:16:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone get one of the RIS IIs DD is selling now?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:48:23 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By eMc9001:

They were $99 at primary for the 4th. I wish I would have bought two instead of one. Its an awesome brace, Ive been trying to hold out until the Form 1 came back but ended up caving. No regertz.
View Quote
Damn. I'm surprised no one posted that here with how many cqbr pistols are present. Wish I woulda caught that one. I think with brownells dicounts I'll be able to get it pretty close to $99 ea. Prob gonna do Black and Tan. Then all my cqbr's should be covered till stamp time.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 12:40:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Organized the clones/DMRs safe. 2 of the 10.3"s are in there

Link Posted: 7/10/2018 2:56:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MNRidesHonda:
Organized the clones/DMRs safe. 2 of the 10.3"s are in there

https://i.imgur.com/9IKa586.jpg
View Quote
I approve.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 3:42:11 PM EDT
[#15]
View Quote
Thanks! I actually preordered another one In tan when Brownells had them for $98
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 7:26:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#17]
He changes configurations faster than a speeding bullet! Leaps optics and accessories from upper to upper in a single bound! Look, up in the clone thread, is it a bird, is it a plane? No! It's just Dyzastr with another config change! :D
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 8:29:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#18]
What can I say, there's a million ways to configure and I love all of em. Plus I have a background in the visual arts and my wife studied to be a photographer. Now that I've accumulated this mass of clone, I want to start cloning some of the rifles of different operators if you know what I mean. There are a lot of pics of rifles in the wild that I want to clone. Minus a few components, I've tried to collect a whole sopmod accessory package, block 1, 1.5, and block 2.  Block 2 is where I have the least. At the same time I'm trying to back track and correct certain incorrect details.

Eta- the great part is that the optics actually maintain a very close zero, at least at 50yd. Once I zero in on my block1, I can swap around optics with very little adjustment.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#19]
What can I say, there's a million ways to configure and I love all of em. Plus I have a background in the visual arts and my wife studied to be a photographer. Now that I've accumulated this mass of clone, I want to start cloning some of the rifles of different operators if you know what I mean. There are a lot of pics of rifles in the wild that I want to clone. Minus a few components, I've tried to collect a whole sopmod accessory package, block 1, 1.5, and block 2.  Block 2 is where I have the least. At the same time I'm trying to back track and correct certain incorrect details.

Eta- the great part is that the optics actually maintain a very close zero, at least at 50yd. Once I zero in on my block1, I can swap around optics with very little adjustment.
View Quote
Having a bunch of accessories without a fixed home that I just swap around would drive me crazy, lol. That and lead to never ending builds until everything had a proper place :\.

Once I get a gun set up the way I like it, it generally doesn't change too much. I might swap to make a clone more correct or because I prefer one thing or the other, but it's pretty infrequent. Also, since my clones are the ARs I shoot the most, I like to keep some consistency for training/improvement purposes as well. For me, parts usually need to fall into a set category - future builds/spare parts or on a gun - otherwise the balance of the universe is upset and must be righted ;p.

On the other hand, I'll grant your method makes for a little more variety when taking pictures. All I have is background and location, and the occasional "woo, 3 prong is now a 4 prong" for variety, lol.

Woo, it's a different angle this time!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:16:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By krdt:
Having a bunch of accessories without a fixed home that I just swap around would drive me crazy, lol. That and lead to never ending builds until everything had a proper place :\.

Once I get a gun set up the way I like it, it generally doesn't change too much. I might swap to make a clone more correct or because I prefer one thing or the other, but it's pretty infrequent. Also, since my clones are the ARs I shoot the most, I like to keep some consistency for training/improvement purposes as well. For me, parts usually need to fall into a set category - future builds/spare parts or on a gun - otherwise the balance of the universe is upset and must be righted ;p.

On the other hand, I'll grant your method makes for a little more variety when taking pictures. All I have is background and location, and the occasional "woo, 3 prong is now a 4 prong" for variety, lol.

http://wkd.site.nfoservers.com/CQBR/CQBR.062918.Shooting.FH556RC-12.jpg
View All Quotes

Your SBR stamp needs to come in. No mas muh pistol braces in free states. Mistah ATF man approve this man's shit! You got your $200 taxation without justification. Now make it happen!
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 9:20:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: krdt] [#21]
Your SBR stamp needs to come in. No mas muh pistol braces in free states. Mistah ATF man approve this man's shit! You got your $200 taxation without justification. Now make it happen!
View All Quotes

I called ATF on June 28th for my monthly update. Both my fucking F1 and F4 are now "Awaiting Background Check." Apparently they hadn't even touched my F4 when I called back in May :|.

It'll be funny if my F1 (01/17/18 cash date) and F4 (11/28/17 cash date) are approved at almost the same time. F1 wait times seem to be have dropped significantly, so it's always possible. Assuming my BGC doesn't get lost in a black hole for 5 months, I might get an approval before the end of July. Fingers crossed n' shit.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#22]
i am in the process of downsizing. The hard part is deciding what to keep. Definitely keepin the comp m2, but sold the Wilcox already, sellin the exps3-0 and trading the 551. The setups that they are now are pretty much where they will stay. Eod with tr21, mod1 with 553 and 3x, and the block 1 with the aimpoint. I dress em up for pics now and again just to keep the pics varied.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:26:15 PM EDT
[#23]
i am in the process of downsizing. The hard part is deciding what to keep. Definitely keepin the comp m2, but sold the Wilcox already, sellin the exps3-0 and trading the 551. The setups that they are now are pretty much where they will stay. Eod with tr21, mod1 with 553 and 3x, and the block 1 with the aimpoint. I dress em up for pics now and again just to keep the pics varied.
View Quote
A Comp M2 without a Wilcox and selling the EXPS3-0? Have you no decency?!

What mount are you using for the M2?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:33:57 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

Don't get me wrong, all my optics/ accessories have a specific upper they stay on.  Because Not all of my uppers are clone uppers so their accessories make appearances on my clone uppers from time to time.  I don't literally have a pile of eotechs and trijicons that I grab from. Although that'd be great. All that matters in the end is clone=pic=post=community=enjoy
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 1:12:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#25]

A Comp M2 without a Wilcox and selling the EXPS3-0? Have you no decency?!

What mount are you using for the M2?
View Quote
I've got a 1st gen qrp comin. Traded my Wilcox and a larue aimpoint mount straight up. No not reall, but I am getting the qrp. This one has the flat bottom vs the angled bottom. This will kill ya. I'm also selling my lmt rear to be replaced with the much cheaper colt cut carry handle.
eta- and I always wanted a 553 for my cqbr, but I found the exps3 first. Now that I have what I originally envisioned, the exps3 is goin bye bye.  Also getting rid of my cutdown m4 ris ii. The whole collection got started from buying parts, then finding the next better part. I just haven't sold off the place holders. They somehow found their way onto other rifles, and their original accessories got sold.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 7:24:56 AM EDT
[#26]
I've got a 1st gen qrp comin. Traded my Wilcox and a larue aimpoint mount straight up. No not reall, but I am getting the qrp. This one has the flat bottom vs the angled bottom. This will kill ya. I'm also selling my lmt rear to be replaced with the much cheaper colt cut carry handle.
eta- and I always wanted a 553 for my cqbr, but I found the exps3 first. Now that I have what I originally envisioned, the exps3 is goin bye bye.  Also getting rid of my cutdown m4 ris ii. The whole collection got started from buying parts, then finding the next better part. I just haven't sold off the place holders. They somehow found their way onto other rifles, and their original accessories got sold.
View Quote
Shootin you a PM.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:21:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: walkinginadangerzone] [#27]
I called ATF on June 28th for my monthly update. Both my fucking F1 and F4 are now "Awaiting Background Check." Apparently they hadn't even touched my F4 when I called back in May :|.

It'll be funny if my F1 (01/17/18 cash date) and F4 (11/28/17 cash date) are approved at almost the same time. F1 wait times seem to be have dropped significantly, so it's always possible. Assuming my BGC doesn't get lost in a black hole for 5 months, I might get an approval before the end of July. Fingers crossed n' shit.
View All Quotes

Damn, they're taking too long lol. My F1 for my MK18 was cashed 2/13/18 and stamp approved on 6/14/18.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:
Damn, they're taking too long lol. My F1 for my MK18 was cashed 2/13/18 and stamp approved on 6/14/18.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By walkinginadangerzone:

Yep, some lucky bastards are getting their F1s approved into March cash dates and F4s into January. If there is one thing consistent about the ATF it's that they are inconsistent. My F4 didn't even get looked at in the time it took another guy from this thread to get his two approved. Whatta-ya-gonna-do? I call 'em once a month and hope they hurry the fuck up.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:45:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Got bored, sprayed my black stock and broom handle

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 11:55:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Spooled:
Got bored, sprayed my black stock and broom handle

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/297824/03834B75-F3A5-4E15-ADBC-7B2DB02914BB-604851.JPG
View Quote
Damn that's a beaut! I think the bigger mesh holes have a much nicer effect. All I could find were the tiny holed ones that made my rifle look like it had chicken pox or somethin communicable. Any way, that's why I ended up goin with broader bands of light/ dark to break up the profile.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:28:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Damn that's a beaut! I think the bigger mesh holes have a much nicer effect. All I could find were the tiny holed ones that made my rifle look like it had chicken pox or somethin communicable. Any way, that's why I ended up goin with broader bands of light/ dark to break up the profile.
View Quote
ive found that after doing the mesh pattern, going over the entire rifle with a misting of light and dark paint blends everything in a lot better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jormungandr:

ive found that after doing the mesh pattern, going over the entire rifle with a misting of light and dark paint blends everything in a lot better.
View Quote
This. If you take the can and hold it much further back and let it mist and keep swapping colors it tones it down so much better.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 9:05:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dyzastr] [#33]
@krdt - here's that gen 1 qrp mount (if that's what they are called). In fact I'm soo committed to that mount that I sold my Wilcox and larue mount . Cqbr homeostasis reached . Now I plan to use some of the money to swap the fn barrel in my eod to a colt cutdown.

Btw, I predict an atf reviewer is going to approve your f1 tomorrow!
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 2:41:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Akin] [#34]
This thread is fascinating.

Is it okay to seek advice for a build here, or is this only to show off finished ones? I may have abused the credit card during Daniel Defense’s recent sale of RIS IIs and the like... and obviously there are pros here...
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 2:45:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Akin:

Is it okay to seek advice for a build here, or is this only to show off finished ones? I may have abused the credit card during Daniel Defense’s recent sale of RIS IIs and the like... and obviously there are pros here...
View Quote
All of the above. It used to say "photo and discussion thread" or something like that, but OP keeps changing it out of rage for the 10.5" crew. (Long story)
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:59:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By SlasherMcGee:
First Mod 0 part arrived. Sweet.

http://i64.tinypic.com/iqk75w.jpg

I'd like to go "full Colt" with this one, more or less.. So I'm thinking..

Purchase Colt LE6920
Send barrel off to be chopped, gas port enlarged(Is .70 the way to go?)
Submit Form 1 (Wait times are 2 months less than Form 4's, so why not???)
Engrave lower
Attach accessories I've acquired
Attach upper to one of my already stamped lowers. Have some fun.
When stamp approved, marry colt lower/upper, paint, post pictures.

Am I missing anything(other than the NT4, which I'll need to form 4)?
View Quote
Dumb question. Really like that pouch idea. Not a clone builder tho.  Whats the source on that?

Thanks much.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 4:23:58 PM EDT
[#37]

View Quote
Just post your shit up.  You'll get your balls busted regardless.  Hell, you could post a legit .mil rifle, and people would still criticize it.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:04:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Anyone down for another 10.3 shoot-off?

We havent done one in a few years
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:05:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:
Just post your shit up.  You'll get your balls busted regardless.  Hell, you could post a legit .mil rifle, and people would still criticize it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A_Friendly_Manatee:

Nobody bust balls around here...

@dyzastr when he gets another surefire
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:26:10 PM EDT
[#40]
@krdt - here's that gen 1 qrp mount (if that's what they are called). In fact I'm soo committed to that mount that I sold my Wilcox and larue mount . Cqbr homeostasis achieved reached . Now I plan to use some of the money to swap the fn barrel in my eod to a colt cutdown.
http://i.imgur.com/PqttZLg.jpg
Btw, I predict an atf reviewer is going to approve your f1 tomorrow!
View Quote
Well, that's acceptable then ;p.

I'd never actually noticed there was a flat version and angled version of the QRP. Then again, I never really looked into them, either. Not that that I don't like the way they look, but I was always a little put off by the big ass knob, lol. Well, now you are fully CQBR Block I committed. But, how long will it be before you slip unnoticed with your CQBR into the nearest phone booth and emerge... Super-configuration-change-man! *superhero music* He's the hero that the clone thread needs :D.

Tomorrow you say? I say they are putting it into an envelope right now. Hell, long as we're being optimistic, it could be waiting in my mailbox. Barring that, tomorrow will work ;p.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:36:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:
Anyone down for another 10.3 shoot-off?

We havent done one in a few years
View Quote
Where
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:37:54 PM EDT
[#42]
All of the above. It used to say "photo and discussion thread" or something like that, but OP keeps changing it out of rage for the 10.5" crew. (Long story)
View All Quotes

Speaking of 10.5, I picked up an Andro 10.3" from Outrider. Looks like the Mod 0 is gonna have to leave the 10.5 crew :(.

Sure, it's not a Colt or DD, but it is 10.3 .070. It seems a bit counterintuitive to be replacing a $300 Noveske barrel with a $150 BA barrel, but, you know... it's all bout dat 10.3, yo.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:48:46 PM EDT
[#43]
anywhere

10 shot group
100yds
sitting, kneeling or prone.
4x max
no bipod
factory ammo only
single string of shooting.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 5:56:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Speaking of 10.5, I picked up an Andro 10.3" from Outrider. Looks like the Mod 0 is gonna have to leave the 10.5 crew :(.

Sure, it's not a Colt or DD, but it is 10.3 .070. It seems a bit counterintuitive to be replacing a $300 Noveske barrel with a $150 BA barrel, but, you know... it's all bout dat 10.3, yo.
View All Quotes

The things we do for -.2
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#45]
The things we do for -.2
View All Quotes

The things we do for -.2
It's cloning, it doesn't have to make sense, lol.

And now, with just the castoffs from the CQBR and Mod 0 (plus a few spares I had floating around), I have more or less a complete "spare parts" gun. Spikes lower w/ Colt LPK, DD upper w/ Colt ejection port door, BCM Mod44A CH, choice of a Colt or Toolcraft BCG, CQD end plate, KAK Blade/dimpled tube and now a Noveske 10.5". Only need a trigger, a chopped carry handle sight and some kind of handguard to be all set :\.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 7:26:20 PM EDT
[#46]

It's cloning, it doesn't have to make sense, lol.

And now, with just the castoffs from the CQBR and Mod 0 (plus a few spares I had floating around), I have more or less a complete "spare parts" gun. Spikes lower w/ Colt LPK, DD upper w/ Colt ejection port door, BCM Mod44A CH, choice of a Colt or Toolcraft BCG, CQD end plate, KAK Blade/dimpled tube and now a Noveske 10.5". Only need a trigger, a chopped carry handle sight and some kind of handguard to be all set :\.
View Quote
Careful, it happens fast. B1, b2, 1.5, eod west, eod east,....urgi?....
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Jlgil73:

Nobody bust balls around here...

@dyzastr when he gets another surefire
https://media1.tenor.com/images/87ce4f8be2d012fb3249e2fa28b1571b/tenor.gif?itemid=9746674
View Quote
I don't hear anything. My volume must be broken.  Will somebody get that damn door?
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 8:12:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Visually is there a difference between a aimpoint pro and a comp m2? I have a spare pro. I don’t have a comp m2 but from looking at pics the battery compartment looks different.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Visually is there a difference between a aimpoint pro and a comp m2? I have a spare pro. I don’t have a comp m2 but from looking at pics the battery compartment looks different.
View Quote
If it has the old style one piece strap for the adjustment caps and battery compartment, I don't think there is anything visually different other than the laser engraving. Well, the flip up covers are slightly different.

If it has the new style captured adjustment caps with coin slots, that's pretty blatantly off.

Link Posted: 7/12/2018 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#50]
So, for the chopped carry handle, are you guys bustin out the angle grinder with cut-off wheel, or hackin with a saw? Doesn't seem like a task for a Dremel?
Page / 1565
Mk 18 / CQBR (Page 1051 of 1565)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top