Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2013 7:49:58 PM EDT
Hi All,

My first post. I read through the forum rules and FAQ. I also read through quite a few threads on this topic as well (for some reason I found more threads regarding the Core 15 .22 upper using Google's site: search than the AR15.com forums search). Feel free to correct me if I'm not finding an existing thread, posted in the wrong from or any other advice you may have. I hope to become a productive member of this community.

I have enjoyed firearms for as long as I can remember. I'm in my late 30's now, but for my 13th birthday my dad bought be an SKS. However, since then I haven't really taken the opportunity to invest in much more than .22's for fun since I could shoot a lot and it wouldn't break my budget. It's certainly long overdue that I got myself an AR. I've been doing a lot of research but still haven't pulled trigger.

I'd like to have a great balance of best bang-for-the-buck in a rifle and be able to also use it to shoot .22 LR. Today I can across the CORE15 M4 Rifle + .22LR M4 upper combo for $999 - seems like a great price on a good rifle combo.

Is this a good value? Good starter setup? Can I do better for the price? Any and all feedback and advice is greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:27:31 PM EDT
[#1]

I can tell you their .22 uppers are reliable & quality stuff.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:37:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I shoot with someone that bought that same combo, And he`s very happy with it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out the rimfire and pistol section here on AR15.com, a lot of information on 22 rimfire uppers and conversion kits.  Every post I've seen on the Core 15 22 upper has been positive.  Rimfire AR-15's can be very addictive and plain fun to shoot.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#4]
seems pretty cool deal...where is the link to it?
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought their .22 upper by itself, and I love it. The combo that you are looking at is a good deal, and I would definitely say that it is a good idea to get it.
That said, as an alternative, have you considered another brand of rifle, such as Palmetto State Armory, and simply adding a .22 conversion kit to that upper?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top