Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2013 2:43:56 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I have a spikes 14.5" FN CHF upper with pinned dynacomp and fixed A2 front sight with bayonet lug and sling swivel. I've had a magpul moe hand guard on it for years but want to switch to free float without having to remove the A2 front sight since the dynacomp is pinned. I like some of the Troy and MI FSP rails that are cutout to accommodate the front sight, but what I don't know is this... Will any two piece FSP rails work because behind my A2 front sight is the triangular shaped stop plate (I don't know the technical term for this piece), instead of the round shaped one. Does this affect what my rail options are? And I planned on removing the delta ring and just going with the stock barrel nut. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Cut the Delta ring and the handguard cap off, and get a Centurion C4 handdguard
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:48:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I can remove the delta ring without doing any cutting... But the handguard cap, I guess will have to be cut off. Any ideas for the safest way to do that?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:51:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can remove the delta ring without doing any cutting... But the handguard cap, I guess will have to be cut off. Any ideas for the safest way to do that?
View Quote

Tin snips and a pair of pliers.  If you can't rip it off, knock out the pins holding the fsb, and slide it down a bit.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:51:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used a dremel, and made slit down the side, and used pliers to tear and twist it off.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:53:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Slit it with a dremel as low as you can, the twist with pliers until it snaps.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 4:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
While you have the dremel out you should put some flutes in the barrel as well
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 5:17:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
While you have the dremel out you should put some flutes in the barrel as well
View Quote

Haha yeah I may just do that! I've gotta buy a new charger for my dremel though. And before I do anything I'd like to have the rail I decide to use on hand. I don't really like starting a project unless I can finish it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:07:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I agree, another vote for Centurion C4
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:34:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Meh
There's a large gap in the front of FSP with that rail. That's probably why they don't show hardly any pics of that rail installed. The only installed pic I found has a streamlight tlrs mounted back tight to the FSP hiding the large gap.
http://blogs.militarytimes.com/gearscout/wp-content/blogs.dir/5/files/c4-fsp-rail/IMG_1338-1000-MT.jpg

I went with the MI gen-2 FF extended length carbine FSP rail for $195. All you have to remove is the delta ring assembly. Don't have to remove handguard cap. Im perfectly satisfied with this rail. The cutout is spaced evenly with the FSP.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:45:00 PM EDT
[#11]
I was thinking for of their cutout rail

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:46:41 PM EDT
[#12]

Yea I like that one. Guess they're both called FSP rails...

ETA. Yea your right - Spikes 14.5 -w- triangular handguard cap is a midlength. They only make cutout rails for midlength not FSP carbine rail I posted above.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 2:10:43 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

ETA. Yea your right - Spikes 14.5 -w- triangular handguard cap is a midlength. They only make cutout rails for midlength not FSP carbine rail I posted above.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:21:38 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeah I realized that the rail I wanted to go with isn't going to work Cuz of the middy gas system. Guess I need to find a cutout rail that I like.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Wooooo! I like this... Does anyone else carry it yet for less $$$$?

https://www.rainierarms.com/?page=shop/detail&product_id=3824

EDIT: Although this wound kinda defeat the purpose cuz the front sight post/gas block will have to be removed. Blaaaah!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top