Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2013 2:30:19 PM EDT
I bought a Young chromed carrier(carrier only) over a year ago.  Now that I have a need for it I need a chromed cam pin to match but Youngs has not answered my emails for the part.    Anyone else carry the chromed parts like the cam pin?  I realize I don't really need the cam pin chromed but would like one just the same.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Brownells has them.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:39:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bought a Young chromed carrier(carrier only) over a year ago.  Now that I have a need for it I need a chromed cam pin to match but Youngs has not answered my emails for the part.    Anyone else carry the chromed parts like the cam pin?  I realize I don't really need the cam pin chromed but would like one just the same.
View Quote

Smith Enterprises offers one. You need to be careful which brand you buy.

I purchased a DPMS several years ago and it snapped in half after less than 100 rounds. I suspect it was Hydrogen Embrittlement.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 2:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I saw the one on Brownell's.  Not sure if I want that one though.  Looks like crap.  Probably no DPMS parts for me either.    I thought Rainier would have them but don't list them.  At least as a separate part.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah I saw the one on Brownell's.  Not sure if I want that one though.  Looks like crap.  Probably no DPMS parts for me either.    I thought Rainier would have them but don't list them.  At least as a separate part.
View Quote

Why don't you get a POF roller cam if you're having a hard time finding a nice chromed one.

Supposedly smoothes up the action too. Not that I'd know though.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Smith Enterprises offers one......
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Smith Enterprises offers one......

Here
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 4:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Why don't you get a POF roller cam if you're having a hard time finding a nice chromed one.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll never know either. It says you need to remove the Gas key to use it. Fuck that crap, if true!
Talk about a mess.
I clicked on the pic on Rainiers site and it said that.
Link Posted: 10/25/2013 8:32:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I know you said chrome. I just bought some NiB cam pins from Brownelles and they have a chrome like mirror finish. $9.99ea......

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/bolt-parts/bolt-hardware/bolt-pins/ar-15-nib-x-coated-cam-pin-prod54544.aspx
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 2:58:29 AM EDT
[#8]
I have run DPMS chrome cam pins for decades in over a dozen rifles with tens of thousands of rounds through them collectively and I have never had a problem with them.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:31:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Call them. They will give you prices for what you want and you can email them with your order.  623-915-3889

I have a Young NM BCG and I just buy un-chromed spare parts. IMO, chrome doesn't do a whole bunch for the gas key(w/screws), cam pin and extractor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top