Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2013 1:01:20 PM EDT
I have seen a lot of people doing this but can't seem to find a write up on how to do it. Can some one please explain to me how to do this? I believe this is the hand stop that I would need.
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:14:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I thought about doing this as well. Basically you just need to sand the handstop to conform to the alpha rail then get a nut/bolt/washer and mount the sucker in one of the holes. Might have to cut the bolt but it should be pretty easy. I would say you could use the regular handstop as well, just have to drill a hole through it.

I really wish Troy would release some direct attach accessories for the alpha rails.

googlefu
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:51:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I just wrapped sandpaper around the alpha rail and sanded the hand stop to fit. Then I drilled one hole in the hand stop and used a screw and nut from a Magpul polymer rail section.

ETA:
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 3:59:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I decided to go ahead with my mod after I wrote my first reply. It took longer to screw the damn thing in than to modify the magpul MVG that I used. I took a dremel with a sand paper bit and sanded the two nubs on the MVG grip. Then screwed the thing on. Crappy cell phone pic incoming. I let the grip cover part of the squid grips I have, worked out rather nicely because now I dont have the sand down the 'wings' of the MVG.

Link Posted: 6/14/2013 5:31:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies guys. Can the Troy metal pieces used to attach the rail sections be used to do this?
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 7:47:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Pearce grip extensions also work well for this. I used one for an XDM  and they are only $10
Link Posted: 6/14/2013 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Thanks for the replies guys. Can the Troy metal pieces used to attach the rail sections be used to do this?

Did something very similar to mount a Ruger SR9C extended mag piece to the bottom of my Samson rail.

Link Posted: 6/14/2013 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to try this on my Samson rail, I have a LaRue on there now using a section of rail that is attached.  It would be a lot less bulky without the rail section.  And the pierce/mag extensions are a great idea!
Link Posted: 6/16/2013 6:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Which hand stop would work best?

Handstop with OBR insert

or

2 Piece Handstop
Link Posted: 6/17/2013 12:03:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Which hand stop would work best?

Handstop with OBR insert

or

2 Piece Handstop

I THINK the two are the same. Except one has a picatinny shaped insert for their rail and a hole to mount it, and the other comes with two index clips to hold it in on a rail.

I would get the one with the hole. I may have to try this with my CMR.

Edit: after noticing the $10 price difference, I'd get the other one and drill the hole myself
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top