Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 9:09:46 AM EDT
Hi guys,

I've been reading a lot about 16" Carbine vs Mid-lengt, how middy's recoil is smoother, etc.
I read someplace that Spikes Tactical ST-T2 buffer can help recoil with 16" Carbine with stock spring on Magpul MOE collapsible stock. (I have 16" 1:7 CHF 5.56 NATO barrel.)

Can anyone confirm or recommend?

Thank you
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:15:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Start with an H1 and go from there.  The ST-T2 does not have reciprocating weights and in my opinion does not do a very good job of preventing bolt bounce, which may or may not be an issue for semi auto fire.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:19:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I read someplace that Spikes Tactical ST-T2 buffer can help 16" Carbine with stock spring on Magpul MOE collapsible stock. (I have 16" 1:7 CHF 5.56 NATO barrel.)

help what?

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:22:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I read someplace that Spikes Tactical ST-T2 buffer can help 16" Carbine with stock spring on Magpul MOE collapsible stock. (I have 16" 1:7 CHF 5.56 NATO barrel.)

help what?

Smoother recoil
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

help what?

I'd assume he meant help make the recoil impulse "smoother", more like a midlength/

Quoted:
Hi guys,

I've been reading a lot about 16" Carbine vs Mid-lengt, how middy's recoil is smoother, etc.

Can anyone confirm or recommend?

Thank you

Honestly OP, you wont see much of a difference, if any, in perceived recoil.  Use a buffer that functions reliably and be happy
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top