BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/8/2013 7:30:32 PM EDT
Ok I know that theres been alot of posts about ar brands, but i don't feel like looking through all the pages to find it. Well i want to buy an AR I prefer a 6.8mm but will get a 223. Now my limit is 2000 i will spend a little more if i have to but prefer to spend under 2000. So if i can get some help on which brand and maybe a website where i can find them. I know a couple sites who have some but don't know which brand to get.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Bcm. Worth the wait
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol these post pop up a least twice a week and always the same answers you'll get the mix of colt bcm noveske larue Daniel defense but the only answer you need is buy what fits your needs. Buy what matches your wants. It's your decision put in the time and do the research.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Any one you can get right now...
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:48:27 PM EDT
[#4]
ive heard alot of bcm ive been looking at daniel defense and i do like that brand and i dont want just any ar i can get. I prefer to buy a good brand that will last me and it has minimal maintenance. Also like i said which brand makes the best 6.8 ar and where i can buy it
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#5]
It's actually a really tough call between: Hesse, Vulcan, Blackthorne and Olympic arms. I think Olympic Arms slightly beats the others out based on quality though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ok I know that theres been alot of posts about ar brands, but i don't feel like looking through all the pages to find it.  

Well, you're lazy and spamming the board. Read more. You'll find that everyone has a belly button, and a favorite ice cream.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:50:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's actually a really tough call between: Hesse, Vulcan, Blackthorne and Olympic arms. I think Olympic Arms slightly beats the others out based on quality though.

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:51:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Retread? Who was ban last month?

Paging NorCal...
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#10]
isnt it the whole point of these forums to help people about things they dont know i want to know whats the difference
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:00:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
isnt it the whole point of these forums to help people about things they dont know i want to know whats the difference

To be fair, I think most of the people on this site prefer the Noveske from all the threads I've seen so that will most likely be your most common answer if people are serious. The difference is clearly in build quality and proven performance. You will be hard pressed to find the really high quality rifles at a great price. I would suggest watching the following sites: BCM, Noveske and LMT. You will not really find the best very easily right now.......

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The hive helps those who helps themselves.... read more
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:06:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The hive helps those who helps themselves.... read more

+ 1
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]
At  this point it's pretty much anything you can find.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:16:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At  this point it's pretty much anything you can find.

Anything on the blue couch is tier 0.5 even on a bad day. But yes. The best doesn't mean anything if you can't get it. Pick the best of what you can find/ afford.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:25:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Ignore all the other posts and close your ARFCOM account after absorbing the knowledge I am about to bestow upon you.

DPMS Oracle with a UTG quad rail,  NCStar scope and PTS flip up sights. Now you know all there is to know. You can get back to your RC forum now!

Do you want a piece of fish or do you want to become a fisherman?
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:29:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

+1

Link Posted: 1/8/2013 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Sure, go with the DPMS and NCStar if you want to this on the cheap and inferior quality. Many, many brands to choose from before you make that mistake though. Look into CMMG, S&W, and definitely Black Rain Ordnance if you're willing to pony up the extra cash (well worth it in my opinion). Just my two cents worth.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:07:14 PM EDT
[#19]
KAC SR-15 IWS lower + LMT MRP 6.8 upper. You will not find such a rifle for $2000 though.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:10:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Vulcan Armament

http://www.vulcanarmament.com/
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Vulcan Armament

http://www.vulcanarmament.com/

Oooooooh,  forgot about that one. They are the machine guns of the special forces and since I am not in said forces, I am not privy to their greatness.
It is also worth noting that they are the Best-Built firearms in the World. Top that Larue.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:36:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sure, go with the DPMS and NCStar if you want to this on the cheap and inferior quality. Many, many brands to choose from before you make that mistake though. Look into CMMG, S&W, and definitely Black Rain Ordnance if you're willing to pony up the extra cash (well worth it in my opinion). Just my two cents worth.

Haha. PFran42 was being sarcastic man.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 9:47:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Judging from what I saw at the gun show this last weekend every joe blow that ever thought they might want an AR is suddenly scrambling to buy what they can. I was shocked at the prices people were willing to pay for average run of the mill guns. Good luck finding anything considered top tier for less than a second mortgage on your house. You would probably have an easier time piecing together a quality gun and having a gunsmith assemble said parts for you. You could always do a BCM upper, Noveske lower with Daniel Defense parts kit and all your problems are solved.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 11:19:34 PM EDT
[#24]
I built my own back in the day when you could still buy parts.
Link Posted: 1/8/2013 11:49:16 PM EDT
[#25]
LMT or Noveske ....IMHO for a budget gun that you can find int stores Windham's seem to be excellent quality rifles.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 12:15:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

this I waited 3 years on the wait list, couldn't be happier with my Hess
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:14:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

!!!

Flash

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:11:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ok I know that theres been alot of posts about ar brands, but i don't feel like looking through all the pages to find it. Well i want to buy an AR I prefer a 6.8mm but will get a 223. Now my limit is 2000 i will spend a little more if i have to but prefer to spend under 2000. So if i can get some help on which brand and maybe a website where i can find them. I know a couple sites who have some but don't know which brand to get.

lwrc

that way you can match your next purchase, a 6.8 lwrc, with your 5.56.  On their forums there are some lists of dealers that have them from time to time of late
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:38:38 AM EDT
[#29]
I would check out Stag Arms.  They seem to be at the top of the "2nd tier" AR manufacturers.  I own a Stag Model 3 and completely happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:20:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Olympic all the way!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ah sarcasm. I love it

Based on what I am seeing in many of these responses, I am not sure if you are getting input for the most popular or a high quality AR. To be honest, many of the replies are very good choices. You could go very right with just about every pick so its up to you to find your needle in this haystack of options.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:25:09 AM EDT
[#32]
My buddy owns a BCM and its an excellent rifle and the price wasn't too bad considering.  I own a smith and Wesson and I'm completely happy with it.  If I had to rank the best it would be noveske, BCM, or Daniel defense.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:37:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Did the OP state what the purpose of the rifle is ?

Larue, Noveske, BCM, LWRC, etc.  There are a lot of companies considered highly by members here.  The real question is are they worth the premium over PSA, spikes, colt, stag, etc ?

I love my Noveske Afghan mounted to my Frankenlower, but is it $1000 better than say PSA ?  Debatable.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 6:39:40 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

My buddy owns a BCM and its an excellent rifle and the price wasn't too bad considering.  I own a smith and Wesson and I'm completely happy with it.  If I had to rank the best it would be noveske, BCM, or Daniel defense.

What if I may inquire are you basing your 'rankings' on?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:30:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Bushmaster Carbon 15. It's way lighter than all of the other hunkers everyone suggested. Mine shoots under 1 MOA with Tula and it comes with a red dot. I can also carry it and hold it up without getting fatigued.

This is coming from a guy who has owned KAC, Noveske, BCM, Colt, and LMT.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#36]
You had me going there.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That just about the truth...at least in my neck of the woods.  In the middle & west TN areas, about all I've seen left is the upper end stuff.  If that is indicative of the remainder of the country, you likely have a pretty good choice right now on some of the best left in stock...albeit the price is now 25-35% higher than 4-8 weeks ago.  However, the way the politicos are rumbling, we could very well see everything left go up that much & more again in the coming days.  Just don't wait too long I guess is best 2 cents of advice I can offer.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 9:02:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Whatever you buy, you are going to pay 2-3x what you would have 1 month ago.

That said. buy a Colt. Yeah, the cool aid is good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#39]
For M4 Carbines

Colt,LMT,BCM, Stag +package, DD,N4

If I wanted to spend cash on Noveske it would be a SS barrel carbine over the N4
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#40]
there is a group buy on KAC sr15 over on snipershide. I got emailed the price, NOT over msrp.  you just have to wait a bit.l
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#41]
I hear that Red Jacket Firearms is the "shite"!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:22:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Dude.

Game Changers for sale, all day, everyday!
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 3:58:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude.

Game Changers for sale, all day, everyday!

Link Posted: 1/9/2013 4:20:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

mine...
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:01:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Based on your budget and current prices get a Colt 6920 and call it good.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:14:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a DPMS lower with LMT upper...That was my favorite since it was all I had.
I grabbed a S&W M&P for $800 NIB this week, so I like it as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

this I waited 3 years on the wait list, couldn't be happier with my Hess

Wait, what?  They have a waiting list?  Does it take 3 years for turds to become hard enough to be made into gun parts?
Link Posted: 1/9/2013 5:57:41 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Bushmaster Carbon 15. It's way lighter than all of the other hunkers everyone suggested. Mine shoots under 1 MOA with Tula and it comes with a red dot. I can also carry it and hold it up without getting fatigued.

This is coming from a guy who has owned KAC, Noveske, BCM, Colt, and LMT.

That's tier 1

Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:17:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Colt .BCM and Daniel defence are the top 3 they rest are belo and some even more below. Most are good range toys to bolt on tacticool parts. It would depend upon how hard you want to run the gun.
Link Posted: 1/10/2013 4:40:50 PM EDT
[#50]
S&W!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top