Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2012 8:50:00 AM EDT
Finally put togather a AR for my son.

1. DSA Fluted Mid-Length Upper
2. FA BCG
3. CMMG Complete Lower
4. ARMS Mount
5. Aimpoint 5000

I plan on adding a Specter length YHM Diamond FF sometime next month and it'll be done..
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 8:55:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Good job Dad..My kids claim that half of my AR's already belong to them ...
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 10:05:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Good for you dad.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 4:51:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice. How old is your son? I'm thinking about get 1 for my grandson.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:01:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Lucky kid!  That YHM Diamond rail is a damn good deal for a quad rail...one of my buddies (former USAF armorer, now cop) is putting that rail on his new build.

Just an FYI - the specter length is 10" so it won't work with that rifle because it has a front sight base...you'll need the mid-length (9") one.
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:13:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet....my boy is 20 months old and of course I don't want to rush through his childhood, but I can't wait for the day that I start him shooting.....and then the day that I can let him to "pick one."
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:33:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Good for you dad.

Link Posted: 1/8/2012 5:41:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Lucky kid!  That YHM Diamond rail is a damn good deal for a quad rail...one of my buddies (former USAF armorer, now cop) is putting that rail on his new build.

Just an FYI - the specter length is 10" so it won't work with that rifle because it has a front sight base...you'll need the mid-length (9") one.

Actually YHM lists the spector length as 9.625 and the mid-length as 9.2".

I was recently checking these out because of the excellent prices and came across these odd lengths.

Whats up with these and what role do they fill?
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:23:50 AM EDT
[#8]
nice
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 6:36:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Man you suck my daughter is pissed I built her a dedicated 22lr upper no optics, I can't afford to keep her in 5.56mm. she has already claimed all my guns but wanted to start her collection early. Nice gun by the way
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top