User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 907
Posted: 7/7/2011 12:07:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lancelot]
So just an introduction to this thread - its purpose is to show off your Block II clone builds; here is a list of some of the common characteristics and equipment that the Block II M4A1s have:

THE Block II Chart (courtesy of Patriot_Man)

Barrel:
14.5" M4 or SOCOM contour barrel

Flash Hider:
KAC NT4
Surefire 4P

Suppressors:
KAC NT4
Surefire SOCOM RC

Rail System:
Early Block II M4A1s still used the KAC M4 RIS/RAS
DD RIS II in dark earth

Vertical grips
Tango down battle grip in tan
KAC
Grip-Pod

Rail panels:
Tango Down
KAC

Front sight:
KAC flip up in tan
standard front sight base (if early Block II with M4 RIS/RAS)

Optics:
Elcan Specter DR SU-230
EOTech SU-231-PEQ (EOTech 553)
EOTech SU-231A-PEQ (EOTech EXPS03)
ACOG SU-237 (TA01-ECOS)
EOTech/Aimpoint 3x magnifiers

IR Lasers:
Insight AN/PEQ-15/LA-5

Flashlight:
Insight M3 (SU-233/PVS)
Insight WMX200

Rear sight:
KAC 300m
KAC 600m
MaTech

Buttstock:
standard M4 (both older CAR style and newer "LE" style)
LMT SOPMOD

some reference pics

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

early block II

more early Block IIs

Just to reiterate, you don't have to have an EXACT copy of a Block II M4A1 to post your rifle up here, but the purpose is to post pictures of our rifles that we've made specifically to emulate the issue Block II weapon system - if you've got a midlength carbine with an UBR stock that just happens to have a RIS II on it it is likely you did not intend the rifle be a "clone" of the newest generation M4A1, and probably doesn't belong in this picture thread.

Rifles that have no Block II components ie standard M4geries with Block I Optics do not embody the purpose of this thread and though they are nice weapons in their own right, shouldn't be posted in this thread to avoid unnecessary clutter.

Originally Posted By Augee:

The easiest visual discriminator of whether you're looking at a SOPMOD equipped M4A1 or an MWS M4 is usually the identity of who is holding it.  If it's a SOF troop, it's probably a SOPMOD M4[A1].  If it's a conventional troop, it's probably an M4 MWS.

SOPMOD = SOF
MWS = Conventional

The SOPMOD program was initially fielded in 1996, and the two have not significantly converged or crossed over at all since then, and there is almost no commonality between systems used in the two.   They are separate lines of development and evolution managed by two totally different components (Army and Navy).

SOPMOD is run by NSWC-Crane to equip SOF M4A1 Carbines with accessories.  There are two distinct "blocks" as identified by NSWC-Crane PowerPoints as the primary source of information, however, there was a "transitional period" of several years in which carbines with items from both blocks were used.  Because of a PowerPoint slide that was published (IIRC?) 2006 showing a block labeled "phased replacement," it has become the colloquial term for "transitional" configurations.

"Block x" does NOT refer, in an "official" sense to a specific configuration of rifle.  It refers to specific modifications (read accessories) to the SOF M4A1 weapon system that are managed by Crane.

Colloquially we refer to M4A1s with accessories from the first block of the SOPMOD program as "Block 1," while using "Block 2" to describe carbines with the RIS II, one of the last components of the second block of the SOPMOD program to be fielded.  Carbines with the accessories/features of both blocks of the SOPMOD program, but without the RIS II, we refer to as "Phased Replacement."  It is important to note, however, that this colloquial classification is generally limited to this thread, and others both here and on other sites that feed off of it.

The important thing to understand is that the SOPMOD program is almost always limited to SOF only, and 99% of the time, the "actual" weapon in question will be an M4A1, not an M4.

The M4 is a conventional forces weapon system, and is totally separate from the SOPMOD program and SOF modifications, though they were "inspired" by the SOPMOD program, almost every single actual item is different.

The M4 is managed by the Army overall through TACOM, though the Marine Corps also manages their own programs through their own directorates for their specific incarnation of the M4.

The M4 is a conventional forces platform, and is upgraded through modular weapon system (MWS) upgrades.  There are no specific blocks, increments, or generations, and their specifics vary by time period, unit, and MTOE.

~Augee
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:07:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By footsoldier9th:
I cant tell if I want to build a RIS FSP or non-FSP. I have both rails and Im not sure which way to go with it.
View Quote
I chose non fsp for this reason,

I have a block 1 clone and an m16a4 clone so I already have two builds that have standard front sight posts. A non FSP will be something new and I also plan to use a low power scope and do not want the FSP shadow in my view. My block 1 has an aimpoint and a4 will have an acog at some point in time. I want this build to be a little different

Either way you go, they look good.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Got it thanks

FSP- SOCOM BARREL
NON FSP - M4 government profile

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Got it thanks

FSP- SOCOM BARREL
NON FSP - M4 government profile

Originally Posted By pezboytate:

Probably a 99% to 100% chance it would be regular M4.
The clone gods going to disown me for being in the 1%? I think I'm going to roll the dice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2018 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I cant tell if I want to build a RIS FSP or non-FSP. I have both rails and Im not sure which way to go with it.
View Quote
You have both, so......
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:24:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#4]
Would a block II with the RIS II (non FSB) rail have the SOCOM barrel or the standard m4 profile barrel?
View Quote
Complete assembled upper from Crane would be Govt profile.  All my spare barrels for shotout guns are Govt profile.  A RIS II with FSB more then likely would be a SOCOM bbl as they are just rebuilt M4A1s with SOCOM bbls.  Few guns still have the Govt Profile 14.5" bbls.
I've only seen one SOCOM non FSB Blk II.

CD
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Sry for off topic, butt is that a Glock 23?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 1:19:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AstraPat:
MARSOC issue Glock19
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Im about to assemble a non fsp build and I am still stuck on which route to go for the gas block. I cant decide between shaving the front sight down or using a low pro gas block. If I use a low pro then I will just dimple the barrel for the set pins.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 3:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ckopp636:
Im about to assemble a non fsp build and I am still stuck on which route to go for the gas block. I cant decide between shaving the front sight down or using a low pro gas block. If I use a low pro then I will just dimple the barrel for the set pins.
View Quote
I had a chopped FSB on my continuous RIS II build. It was pretty awesome to retain the taper pins. But after a few more years of seeing how super low pro blocks perform, I trust them just as much when dimpled and loctited.

So pick your poison, clone correct and damn near bomb proof, or bomb proof. Flip a quarter?

Either will perform perfectly
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 4:01:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#9]
Originally Posted By MILSPEC556:
I had a chopped FSB on my continuous RIS II build. It was pretty awesome to retain the taper pins. But after a few more years of seeing how super low pro blocks perform, I trust them just as much when dimpled and loctited.

So pick your poison, clone correct and damn near bomb proof, or bomb proof. Flip a quarter?

View All Quotes

Post office just dropped off the rest of my parts. I have a low pro gas block with eta for monday but since i dont have a jig and brd is out of them, I would want a smith to do that to make sure its perfectly centered. This is a 2013 old stock barrel so it would also kinda suck to chop an F marked front sight down. I do like the idea of retaining the factory pins though

I see in the mk18 thread that the gas blocks are just dimpled on those so I suppose these are done the same way?
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Post office just dropped off the rest of my parts. I have a low pro gas block with eta for monday but since i dont have a jig and brd is out of them, I would want a smith to do that to make sure its perfectly centered. This is a 2013 old stock barrel so it would also kinda suck to chop an F marked front sight down. I do like the idea of retaining the factory pins though

I see in the mk18 thread that the gas blocks are just dimpled on those so I suppose these are done the same way?
View All Quotes

Yep they're done the same way on the Block II CQBR and 14.5 Block II. Honestly if you want to save time and money its best to just shave it down. But if you want it to be a perfect clone, then more time and money is what it'll take. I'd prob just flip a quarter lol
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 4:08:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#11]
Correct, both 14.5" and 10.3" barrels are dimpled, low profile gas block attached, set screws tightend hand tight, one drop of 242 Locktite (none needed if set screw has red locktite on it already) and then torqued to 25 in lbs.  FH gets Rocksett and torqued to 25 ft lbs, and barrel nut gets torqued to 50 ft lbs and apply molybdenum disulfide grease to upper receiver threads.

CD

ETA.  mistype'd in lbs/ft lbs
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote
Not that my opinion means much but I would go non FSP.
I have always hated the cut out FSP. It just looks goofy to me!
It looks to me like someone was either to lazy or incompetent to remove the FSP so they just worked around it . In many cases this is the truth. It's sorta like permanently driving around with a spare tire because you don't know how to repair a flat or walking around with hair down to your butt because you don't know how to operate scissors.
I know some guys like them but I will never understand it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
I would shave the FSP. I have done it many times and get them shaped very nice and small, same as a lo pro when I'm done.
I cut them and then use a hand held belt sander to shape them. The rounded front of the belt sander can make removing material and shaping them quick and easy. If you don't have a belt sander it will be difficult and time consuming to get a professional looking job. I hit them with fine sand paper and bluing when I'm done.
I know low pro blocks dimpled to the barrel can hold up but a pinned block is still superior, IMO.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, I got my sight shaved down and cold blued ready for install and have one quick question. Is it possible to drive taper pins in too far? As in, is it possible to drive them so hard that it would deform something and twist the gas block out of alignment? I pounded them back in pretty good
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Ok, I got my sight shaved down and cold blued ready for install and have one quick question. Is it possible to drive taper pins in too far? As in, is it possible to drive them so hard that it would deform something and twist the gas block out of alignment? I pounded them back in pretty good
View Quote
Nope. Pound them in to your heart's content and its good. I always get mime in as far as I possibly can.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:33:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ckopp636] [#16]
Thanks to those of you who have helped with answering questions for this build. I cut a couple corners to save money, but its pretty close. I got lucky with this lower.....the colt roll mark is beautiful. This is the first time I have ever removed a gas block so hopefully all is well when I take it out to zero it and function check it.
edit: I took it out today and it seems to function great

Link Posted: 1/28/2018 1:47:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#17]
Looks good bro! Don't sweat the gas block at all. The pins self-align the block for you, takes away any guess work at all. It will function just as it would if you never removed it
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:22:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SaurusX] [#18]

Govt profile would be most likely. SOCOM profile for the FSP
View Quote
The very first post contradicts this.  It says SOCOM barrel is the default for both rail types with M4 profile being the acceptable alternative.  When did govt profile become OK?
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By SaurusX:

The very first post contradicts this.  It says SOCOM barrel is the default for both rail types with M4 profile being the acceptable alternative.  When did govt profile become OK?
View Quote
I learned the costly way to ask first and luckily the gentlemen on here can confirm and certainly know which is correct. It would just be nice to have page 1 updated or edited with some additional fine point details IMO.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

Govt profile would be most likely. SOCOM profile for the FSP
Misinformation from 10 years ago that became incorrect common knowledge. All new production M4A1s transitioned to heavy barrels at that time so everyone assumed all new Block II URGs had heavy barrels as well.

Just like I'm sure some people will incorrectly claim now that all 10.3" Block II URGs have heavy barrels as well since there are heavy 10.3" FN barrels in the supply chain.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:49:47 AM EDT
[#21]

View Quote
As stated assumptions were sometimes made.  Also things do change and it depends on the service and their are two barrel lengths of 10.3" and 14.5", each with or without FSB and then you have 2 barrel profiles.  What is your question/confusion?

CD
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:59:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Thanks to those of you who have helped with answering questions for this build. I cut a couple corners to save money, but its pretty close. I got lucky with this lower.....the colt roll mark is beautiful. This is the first time I have ever removed a gas block so hopefully all is well when I take it out to zero it and function check it.

https://i.imgur.com/b7yzv9S.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1d1qQFP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XMHB4rH.jpg
View Quote
Very nice builds!
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 2:30:16 PM EDT
[#23]

https://i.imgur.com/b7yzv9S.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/1d1qQFP.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/XMHB4rH.jpg
View Quote
Looks great.
Your also lucky because your RISII is fairly light in color. Some of them are so dark they look the same as a black RISII.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:39:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Updated pic of my Block II

Link Posted: 1/28/2018 7:21:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
As stated assumptions were sometimes made.  Also things do change and it depends on the service and their are two barrel lengths of 10.3" and 14.5", each with or without FSB and then you have 2 barrel profiles.  What is your question/confusion?

CD
View Quote
Everyone seemed to "know" what made up a Block II before.  Now everyone "knows" something different.  Was there a time when the non-FSP RIS II was combined with the heavy SOCOM barrel?  My clone rating is in free-fall at the moment.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Everyone seemed to "know" what made up a Block II before.  Now everyone "knows" something different.  Was there a time when the non-FSP RIS II was combined with the heavy SOCOM barrel?  My clone rating is in free-fall at the moment.
View Quote
All the services use a block II. Budgets, agencies and contracts change things. FN won the m4a1 contract in like 2009, Colt “won” a contract to update m4’s to m4a1 specs. We are seeing the full swing of these parts availability and some end user and unit tweaks. It’s a fluid weapon system with some left and right limits.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#27]
View All Quotes

CD
They "knew" 14.5" Block II URGs had a SOCOM barrel but we know they don't (at least not 99% of the time). If you would have asked me or someone like Combat_Diver back then you would have gotten the correct information. Just because it is on page one of this thread doesn't mean it is true. Also, just because I am saying the opposite doesn't make it true either. However, I have seen no photographic or documentation evidence of SOCOM barrels non FSP uppers. I have seen both photographic and documentation evidence of regular M4 barrels on non FSP uppers. I am not in charge of the Block II program, haven't been working with it since day 1, and haven't seen every Block II upper but I am only dealing with confirmed info. There may be SOCOM barreled non FSP uppers out there but I haven't seen them, I haven't seen a picture of them, I haven't seen a drawing for them, and I haven't seen a parts list for them. Even if there are non FSP rails with SOCOM barrels, they could be custom armorer built uppers for all we know.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#28]
Thanks for the info. I’m left wondering when and how this revelation came to be known. I haven’t checked this thread in 6 months to a year (soon after building my Block II) so up until then the SOCOM barrel was gospel and govt profile was used by damned heretics. No one in this thread, which is consistently at the top of this forum, ever said peep about it for 5 years.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:38:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks for the info. I’m left wondering when and how this revelation came to be known. I haven’t checked this thread in 6 months to a year (soon after building my Block II) so up until then the SOCOM barrel was gospel and govt profile was used by damned heretics. No one in this thread, which is consistently at the top of this forum, ever said peep about it for 5 years.
View Quote
Its really not a big deal man. Just enjoy your SOCOM barrel lol (I actually prefer it over govt anyways)
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:41:09 PM EDT
[#30]

They "knew" 14.5" Block II URGs had a SOCOM barrel but we know they don't (at least not 99% of the time). If you would have asked me or someone like Combat_Diver back then you would have gotten the correct information. Just because it is on page one of this thread doesn't mean it is true. Also, just because I am saying the opposite doesn't make it true either. However, I have seen no photographic or documentation evidence of SOCOM barrels non FSP uppers. I have seen both photographic and documentation evidence of regular M4 barrels on non FSP uppers. I am not in charge of the Block II program, haven't been working with it since day 1, and haven't seen every Block II upper but I am only dealing with confirmed info. There may be SOCOM barreled non FSP uppers out there but I haven't seen them, I haven't seen a picture of them, I haven't seen a drawing for them, and I haven't seen a parts list for them. Even if there are non FSP rails with SOCOM barrels, they could be custom armorer built uppers for all we know.
View Quote
Correct, The non-FSP DD RIS II specs are for a 14.5" Govt profile barrel.  These barrels are done by NSW Crane (ie they remove the FSB and dimple the barrel) they are the ones that build complete uppers to issue out or send barrels out to the SOCOM armorers to rebuild/repair.  The FSB version used the existing barrel whether it be a 14.5" Govt profile or SOCOM.  These are built by the unit armorer/91F.  It is possible for a armorer in the field to remove the FSB off a SOCOM barrel and build it as a low profile upper.

CD
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:44:18 PM EDT
[#31]
My non fsp will be using a socom.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:48:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By StealthGuy:
My non fsp will be using a socom.
View Quote
Ha! Jokes on you. I sent you a 2" pencil barrel. To match the size of your wing wang.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:56:31 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote
I've been saying this for a while but word didn't get around until Combat_Diver started posting pics and answering questions. I'm sure if you read every page of this and the older Block II threads you could find an instance where I said it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#34]

Ha! Jokes on you. I sent you a 2" pencil barrel. To match the size of your wing wang.
View Quote
2” is too big in that case.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes

Negative 14.5 inches

Did you already get the RIS II? Looking forward to seeing it come together. Especially since that barrel was just collecting dust on my wall anyways
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#36]

Negative 14.5 inches

Did you already get the RIS II? Looking forward to seeing it come together. Especially since that barrel was just collecting dust on my wall anyways
View Quote
Yep. The fucked up thing is I’m going to have to buy another KAC front sight again.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:10:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MILSPEC556] [#37]
Yep. The fucked up thing is I’m going to have to buy another KAC front sight again.
View All Quotes

Negative 14.5 inches

Just go BUISless like you always have. Its not like you use them anyways lol. Throw the PEQ and Elcan up top and call it good

ETA what you should do tho, is throw a Docter on top of your 230. Better than BUIS.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:14:05 AM EDT
[#38]

Just go BUISless like you always have. Its not like you use them anyways lol. Throw the PEQ up top and call it good
View Quote
I will for awhile. I know it’s a matter of time though.

I’m not selling this upper either. I’ve learned my lesson. EC really makes me want to get a M203 eventually too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:17:23 AM EDT
[#39]

I’m not selling this upper either. I’ve learned my lesson. EC really makes me want to get a M203 eventually too.
View All Quotes

Just go BUISless like you always have. Its not like you use them anyways lol. Throw the PEQ up top and call it good

Get a Docter to piggyback your SU-230. Fucking light years better than BUIS anyways. At least that's how I feel about my piggybacked RMR, but it also doesn't use batteries.

I'd hold off on the M203 though. Don't you have to do a tax stamp on each individual H.E. round? Fuck all that. Get a 37mm if you want to shoot smokes. So much cheaper
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:26:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Get a Docter to piggyback your SU-230. Fucking light years better than BUIS anyways. At least that's how I feel about my piggybacked RMR, but it also doesn't use batteries.

I'd hold off on the M203 though. Don't you have to do a tax stamp on each individual H.E. round? Fuck all that. Get a 37mm if you want to shoot smokes. So much cheaper  
View Quote
I don’t even think you can get HE and HEDP rounds. They’re kind of like full powered PEQs/LA-5s, no one will sell them to you.

Still want one though. The day they replaced ours with M320s was sad day.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:42:19 AM EDT
[#41]
I don’t even think you can get HE and HEDP rounds. They’re kind of like full powered PEQs/LA-5s, no one will sell them to you.

View All Quotes

I would say where there's a will there's a way (my PEQ was full powered), as is half the clone threads

Buuuuut when it comes to explosives, yeah you should probably stay far the fuck away from that. I could've sworn you at least used to be able to tax stamp 40mm H.E. rounds tho
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 6:08:11 AM EDT
[#42]
Leave it at 16" or replace the 16" barrel with a 14.5". If you cut it down, it will no longer have the step down at the end of the barrel. If you have the step down added, it will no longer have some of the markings and will have to be refinished.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DoubleTap556:
Question for the hive.

I picked up a colt 6920 socom with the 16" barrel and was looking to turn this into a block II clone.  I got a DD RIS (fsp) rail and was wondering if I should have the barrel cut down to 14.5 or just leave it at 16"? Will it look funny with 16" coming out of the RIS rail?

Any thoughts are welcome and appreciated.
Leave it at 16" or replace the 16" barrel with a 14.5". If you cut it down, it will no longer have the step down at the end of the barrel. If you have the step down added, it will no longer have some of the markings and will have to be refinished.
Yea, Colt f'ed that up:  instead of putting the markings where they would have been on a 14.5 with respect to the chamber end, they put that at the same distance from the muzzle.

I bought several complete Colt M4A1s mostly for the lowers, so I went that route anyway (ADCO chop+step); I'll shoot it out and replace it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:05:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Correct, both 14.5" and 10.3" barrels are dimpled, low profile gas block attached, set screws tightend hand tight, one drop of 242 Locktite (none needed if set screw has red locktite on it already) and then torqued to 25 in lbs.  FH gets Rocksett and torqued to 25 in lbs, and barrel nut gets torqued to 50 in lbs and apply molybdenum disulfide grease to upper receiver threads.

CD
View Quote
Flash hider and barrel nut should be torqued in ft lbs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:15:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#44]
Originally Posted By 871JZ:

View Quote
You sir, are Correct,  fingers typing too quick and was thinking about the gas block.

Confiteor Deo omnipotenti,....

mea culpa,
mea culpa,
mea maxima culpa

CD
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:22:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 871JZ] [#45]
You sir are Correct,  fingers typing too quick and was thinking about the gas block.

mea culpa,
mea culpa,
mea maxima culpa

CD
View All Quotes

You sir are Correct,  fingers typing too quick and was thinking about the gas block.

mea culpa,
mea culpa,
mea maxima culpa

CD
I would hope most would've picked up on the typo, but you never know with some of these guys. Might have them out there trying to torque their barrel nuts to 50 in lbs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:01:26 PM EDT
[#46]

I would hope most would've picked up on the typo, but you never know with some of these guys. Might have them out there trying to torque their barrel nuts to 50 in lbs.
View Quote
I read ft. lbs. Guess I sub-consiously knew what was meant.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 1:26:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 5pt56:

I read ft. lbs. Guess I sub-consiously knew what was meant.
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:06:04 PM EDT
[#48]
Which PRI gas buster charging handle latch is clone correct? Big military latch/combat latch/flat latch? Are these still often used these days?
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By 762hunter2:
Which PRI gas buster charging handle latch is clone correct? Big military latch/combat latch/flat latch? Are these still often used these days?
View Quote
Big military latch came first or is the early model. Clone correct  (smooth front of latch)

Combat latch  (later model) still clone correct. (Serrations on the front)

As recommended to me, I would say use the one you want but if you're trying to be clone correct then depending on which accessories ( or time period) you're cloning as for early or late block II would dictate which you use. IMO.

Yes still being used.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 5:27:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Just an update regarding the Colt 14.5" barrels from Brownells. I received mine today and it did not have a "F" marked FSB. Though I did measure it and it was exactly 1.980" so it is the correct height for a flat top upper just not marked as such.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 907
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top