Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/28/2011 8:11:25 PM EDT
Please post links to good complete uppers that have an 18" barrel with [preferrably] medium profile barrel and rifle length gas system.  

Thanks for your help.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#2]
PK FIreams puts together a great variety of uppers.  I've picked up a couple of 18 inch Saber Defense barreled custom uppers from them and they are great.  You need to check their site frequently because they only list what they have in stock and the 18's seem to go fast.  Looks like they currently have the 18 in DD S2W upper available.  Fine quality.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 6:49:54 AM EDT
[#3]
This is an RRA upper rom PK Firearms that I ordered and promptly received 2 days later.

http://www.pkfirearms.com/select_options/new/913
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Any suggestions for those who are shy of cash?  I don't want poor quality, but some of the offerings are pretty high priced.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Just looked at a DMPS 416 SS 18" rifle length upper.  Would this be a decent product for my inquiry?  Would it be robust to hold up to extended fire [in other words, running for several thousand rounds {~10,000 rounds}, but not on the same day, of course]?  It seems to be priced right for my ability to pay.  

I know that 410 SS is better than 416 SS, but it also adds to the cost. . . . . . . and just now much better is it?
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Any suggestions for those who are shy of cash?  I don't want poor quality, but some of the offerings are pretty high priced.

I don't think you're going to find a budget-priced 18" midweight, rifle-length upper. Those barrels are more commonly used in 3-gun type competition and those guys usually aren't trying to squeeze pennies. I think you'll be better off buying a 20" and having ADCO cut it down. There are plenty of 20" uppers, and cheap ones, like DelTon for $395 complete.
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 1:55:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Superior Barrels will build you an upper based on their 18" Med-Con barrel w/rifle length gas system.

http://www.shop.superiorbarrels.com/product.sc?productId=58&categoryId=3
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Best budget barrel that I have seen
Link Posted: 5/1/2011 6:52:29 PM EDT
[#9]
What about my question concerning that DPMS 18" rifle length upper?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 3:25:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What about my question concerning that DPMS 18" rifle length upper?

Are you talking about this one?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 4:55:17 PM EDT
[#12]
That's close.  The one I was looking at is less.  The one on PK Firearms.

I MAY be leaning more towards the 16", mid length, 1:8 twist upper from Loki Weapon systems.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Well why don't you first tell us what you want to do with this gun. Second, post a couple links to the exact barrels/uppers/rifles you're looking at and you'll probably get a lot more responses... people are lazy haha.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 5:49:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds like good advice.

Here's the DPMS that caught my attention [the one at the bottom]:

http://www.pkfirearms.com/DPMS_Barreled_Uppers/58/c

And the Loki:

http://www.lokiweaponsystems.com/products/forged-upper-5.56/
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Look in the EE.  Find a lightly used model.  Negotiate.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#16]
My thing on the lightly used ones is. . . . there must have been a reason why they didn't like their upper.  Didn't function well, wasn't accurate, etc.  I would  think that someone with an upper they really like wouldn't be selling it.   It COULD be wrong thinking, but it is what I believe about the used section.  If it is something they really like, they'd keep it.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 6:57:40 PM EDT
[#17]
If you find an upper on the EE that is a quality brand, I'd say there is a good chance it just didn't fit the users needs.  I have bought and sold plenty of quality used guns.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 7:02:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My thing on the lightly used ones is. . . . there must have been a reason why they didn't like their upper.  Didn't function well, wasn't accurate, etc.  I would  think that someone with an upper they really like wouldn't be selling it.   It COULD be wrong thinking, but it is what I believe about the used section.  If it is something they really like, they'd keep it.

I'm going to disagree with you here. The way things are on here, particular types of setups go in and out of "style" like women's clothing. You don't see too many SPR builds anymore do ya? It's all lightweight this, lightweight that. If it's quality parts from a reputable seller (i.e. good feedback) I would have no qualms about buying used off the EE.
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you find an upper on the EE that is a quality brand, I'd say there is a good chance it just didn't fit the users needs.  I have bought and sold plenty of quality used guns.

Yep, OP I can't even tell you how many times I have bought a gun out of impulse and shoot it for a few months and then decided to put that money into a different gun. I now have 3 "high end" AR-15s and an OBR 762. I sold a lot of quality ARs.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#20]
White oak or compass lake
Link Posted: 5/3/2011 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I see your point on buying slightly used.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top