Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2011 2:50:30 PM EDT
Any special advice on this topic? I figured I'll break the weapon down and work on just the lower, removing the buffer and buffer spring first. I ordered the spanner wrench the other day it does not look like a complicated thing to do. I thought I'd make a small registration mark on the nut & the lower before I start so I can know where to tighten it back to. If anybody experienced on this has any tips or advice I would welcome it. Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Any special advice on this topic? I figured I'll break the weapon down and work on just the lower, removing the buffer and buffer spring first. I ordered the spanner wrench the other day it does not look like a complicated thing to do. I thought I'd make a small registration mark on the nut & the lower before I start so I can know where to tighten it back to. If anybody experienced on this has any tips or advice I would welcome it. Thanks.

I would suggest first figuring out if the castle nut / end plate combination have been staked.   If so.... have fun.   Otherwise, it is cake.

Read this thread about how great is to make sure your castle nut is staked.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:04:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. It was a simple job.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top