BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/13/2011 1:45:59 PM EDT
Two dealers on gunbroker have the new Colt SP 6920 for $1049 + shipping!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=219932727
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
what is the differance between the SP and the LE Other then roll mark and 5rd mag.   Why

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Basically the roll mark and lack of that LEO only language on the receiver
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:08:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks liek a good deal...
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:08:16 PM EDT
[#4]
What about FCG pin size? Do you have a idea?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:13:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What about FCG pin size? Do you have a idea?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:15:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Are they still making the LE6920?
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
My local dealer have them (at slightly more cost than that) and I will take a look at it physically maybe this coming week, either Wednesday or Friday.

I wish some dealers offer an option without the detachable carry handle sight with a lower price, 'cause I don't really need an extra carry handle.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:20:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Yes.  The LE line and SP line are separate.  The LE line remains under Colt Defense and the SP line is now under Colt's MFG.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:21:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Yes, they will still be making it, Colt still shows the LE6920 in their official 2011 LE catalog.

The LE6920 have a higher MSRP price than the SP6920.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:28:36 PM EDT
[#10]
jcrowl,
Thanks for the heads up on these. I didn't know about this model. I've been buying stripped LE 6920 receivers from SAW Sales and refinishing over the ugly LEO markings. These will save me the tedious step of hiding those crappy markings on my personal AR's.
Warhorses
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:34:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Thanks for the heads up on these. I didn't know about this model. I've been buying stripped LE 6920 receivers from SAW Sales and refinishing over the ugly LEO markings. These will save me the tedious step of hiding those crappy markings on my personal AR's.
Warhorses

Wow,
nice price for the complete gun!

Warhorses,

Thanks for the heads up about SAW...I didnt know about them and I've been looking for a stripped 6920 Receiver for awhile now.

Nick
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:40:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Colt is really getting their shit together.

No more large FCG holes
No more Fascist LEO markings
Reasonable price
Selling parts/uppers online
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it just me or does something not look right on page #3 of the auction. Looks like the metal is boogered up at the top of the reciever.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Is it just me or does something not look right on page #3 of the auction. Looks like the metal is boogered up at the top of the reciever.

I guess it can never be the King of the gun prom, now.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Warhorses

Wow,
nice price for the complete gun!

Warhorses,

Thanks for the heads up about SAW...I didnt know about them and I've been looking for a stripped 6920 Receiver for awhile now.

Nick

You're welcome, a needed option for someone like me who had to have a Colt receiver. Be prepared to shell out for it though.. Last I bought was a stripped 6920 receiver with the new .154 FCG pin hole size and it was $ 350.  It was for a lightweight project gun I'm doing, so I could care less about the roll stamps since I JB Welded over the "LAW ENFORCEMENT CARBINE" and "restricted" markings. It's at Ident Marking now getting "AR-15 LIGHTWEIGHT" markings laser engraved on it.  This deletion of the restricted markings on the SP 6920 will save me a lot of trouble, although I will still JB over the "SPORTER" marking for any future projects.  JB Weld and Norrell's are the greatest, along with an easy to work with engraver. (Jason over at Ident Marking).

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:54:58 PM EDT
[#16]
Well, in the tradition of ARFCOM...

GET BOTH!

(Duh!)
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:08:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even safe queen material. Do you see it though Im just making sure its not my monitor.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:43:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not even safe queen material. Do you see it though Im just making sure its not my monitor.

I am thinking that it may just be oil.  Although, it does seem as though there is a pretty good-sized pit on the left side of the mag well.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#19]
looks rough.

i dont mind accidently doing damage to mine, but that seems excessive (if it isnt oil, hard to tell)
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:25:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
looks rough.

i dont mind accidently doing damage to mine, but that seems excessive (if it isnt oil, hard to tell)

That's just excess oil from the factory, it's the same as my newest Colt 6721 that I bought brand new last year also with lots of oil.

I knew the oil was from the factory because I opened the seal of the box at the gun store so we could verify the serial number on the receiver to finish the paperwork.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:32:37 PM EDT
[#21]
how about carry handle delete option with a pinned and welded 14.5" barrel all from Colt!
Quoted:

No more large FCG holes
Reasonable price

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 7:52:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
how about carry handle delete option with a pinned and welded 14.5" barrel all from Colt!
Quoted:

No more large FCG holes
Reasonable price

Its because they are observing the sales of DD LMT BCM and other companies that sell to the civilian market.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#23]
I actually like the LE markings.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Me too.   Now it's even more civy friendly.       I'm sure the LEO markings will bring a premium in the future.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
looks rough.

That's just excess oil from the factory, it's the same as my newest Colt 6721 that I bought brand new last year also with lots of oil.

I knew the oil was from the factory because I opened the seal of the box at the gun store so we could verify the serial number on the receiver to finish the paperwork.

Makes sense. just the way the pic was looks weird no big deal. I have also noticed the price of colts at my local shop dropped by about 5% last month as guy was getting every one asking for DD and Noveske according to him.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Obviously the roll markings are the only difference. Same gun in function, quality, etc.

As far as the markings go. Placing the word Sporter on it is gay. How about M4 carbine on all of them, thats it. Everyone is equal.

The word Sporter just plays into the determination of "sporting purpose" the the ATF came up with long ago.

I would not buy one just because of that. I wont buy anything that says sporter on it.

Glad they are getting more reasonable with there prices. As far as an out of the box gun. My money would still go to Daniel Defense.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Id rather the sporter tradition when its not even in a configuration the sporter name implies wich I think is sarcastic on Colts part and I like it..its marked sporter but not a sporter..in any event id rather that than LEO/Govt use only as that implies no civillians..so I guess it can go both ways.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 7:42:15 PM EDT
[#28]
atlease they are marking boht sides of the lower with fire and safe.  now if they would just stop removing the saftey stopes on the lowers.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Thats what I mean. They are the same.

Simply knock off the LE and the sporter markings. M4 Carbine will do just fine, ON ALL OF THEM.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 10:27:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Simply knock off the LE and the sporter markings. M4 Carbine will do just fine, ON ALL OF THEM.

Right on. I've hoped for marking changes ever since they went to that Clinton era, politically correct name B.S. .  The deletion of the restricted markings and adding the evil features on a Colt Manufacturing made model is a good sign though. Still have hope for the day when all Colt AR's will once again be rollstamped with AR-15 something like they were in the 80's and for them to boldy stamp "M4" similar to the font size they do with their "AR-15" stampings.  I think it would help their sales a bit more.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Personally, I love the new roll marks.  I have nothing against the LE markings, but  the Sporter markings are nice.  So are the lowered prices.
Right now I am looking at what I can sell to buy  me one :)
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:27:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The 6920 is not even marked "M4 Carbine."

Why people really care what something is marked is beyond me.  Just shoot the fucking thing
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:14:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Its because they are observing the sales of DD LMT BCM and other companies that sell to the civilian market.

I doubt it.  It used to be Bushmaster that had all of those sales and they didn't see the light then.

Unless of course they have management with functioning brain cells now.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:14:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Exactly.  I would NEVER take an SP over an LE gun.

(and I'm not talking about markings.... L.E. guns in most other manufacturors are subject to stricter quality control...  S&W M&P pistols for example...)
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:17:06 AM EDT
[#35]
Double...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:03:29 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why people really care what something is marked is beyond me.  Just shoot the fucking thing

Yes we all know what the 6920 is marked with.

Point is they need to stop distinguishing a difference between LE and Joe Citizen. We can all own the same thing.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:29:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

(and I'm not talking about markings.... L.E. guns in most other manufacturors are subject to stricter quality control...  S&W M&P pistols for example...)

Colt's all have the same quality control, made in the same plant
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:14:34 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This. They're all the same guns. Just the MT line has no bayonet lug/flash hider/collapsing stock. Now the Sporter line will have all that. It's about time. The match target line can stay to keep the ban states happy. Make a sporter line for everyone else.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the LE models are $200 more, so let BB spend extra for his l33t tacti-cool LEO rollmark.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:45:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

But the LE models are $200 more, so let BB spend extra for his l33t tacti-cool LEO rollmark.

Actually the MSRP really doesn't mean anything.  People paid $1500 for 6920s.  That has nothing to do with Colt, everything to do with distributors and dealers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:48:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes we all know what the 6920 is marked with.

Point is they need to stop distinguishing a difference between LE and Joe Citizen. We can all own the same thing.

It hs more to do with keeping the two sides of the company seperate than anything else.  People get too wrapped up in this nonsense.  For some reason, people think that a gun company owes them something.  They are selling a product.  They are no different from any other company selling a product.  Give Raytheon a call and see if they will sell you anything.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 5:52:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it.  It used to be Bushmaster that had all of those sales and they didn't see the light then.

Unless of course they have management with functioning brain cells now.

The logstics of selling large quantities of goods to a small pool of buyers is muc different than the logistics of selling small quantities of goods to a large pool of buyer.  Colt was geared up for the former.  There were always people there who wanted to move in this direction.  Implementation of ideas takes more than just having an idea.  I'm sure business owners will understand what I am saying.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It hs more to do with keeping the two sides of the company seperate than anything else.  People get too wrapped up in this nonsense.  For some reason, people think that a gun company owes them something.  They are selling a product.  They are no different from any other company selling a product.  Give Raytheon a call and see if they will sell you anything.

If it something to do internally with both side of the house, so be it. They will run their business as they see fit.

A gun company owing me something? No, if I dont like a company's product for what ever reason I simply dont buy it. For the record, I dont own a Colt either.

Remember Colt over the years has placed receiver blocks, enlarged pin sizes, etc. Also, they were removing "evil" features before they were mandated to do so.

I am a retired LEO and I dont like the concept of LEO is special and gets there guns labeled this and Joe Citizen gets his guns labeled this because he is nobody.

Based on Colts past behaviors, the Sporter markings seem to do just that. But hey, if thats your thing buy away our economy needs all the help it can get.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:08:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Colt's use of the Sporter rollmark is just a piece of their history.  Colt has been calling civilian AR-15's Sporter's since the early 60's, before anyone even knew what an AR-15 or an M16 was, let alone an "Evil Black Rifle".

Sporter was here long before the LE markings, and is not Colt trying to pander to anyone on the left.  

The M16 is what Colt sells to the military.  The Sporter is what Colt sells to civilians.

I guess Sporter is just not tacti-cool enough for the mall ninja's.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#45]
I can remember a time when Colt didnt want LE carbiners to get into civilian hands..that was a long time ago...its good to see times are changing with them especially going back to normal FCG parts something not seen since the old SP1 lowers up to a few years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

LE/MIL better QC
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:40:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I am a retired LEO and I dont like the concept of LEO is special and gets there guns labeled this and Joe Citizen gets his guns labeled this because he is nobody.

I agree, which is why I don't want a rifle with ridiculous, meaningless LEO markings stamped on it. Give me a Sporter anyday.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

LE/MIL better QC

Not the case.  Both rifles are made to the same spec.  Same QC and Same QA.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Colt's use of the Sporter rollmark is just a piece of their history.  Colt has been calling civilian AR-15's Sporter's since the early 60's, before anyone even knew what an AR-15 or an M16 was, let alone an "Evil Black Rifle".

Sporter was here long before the LE markings, and is not Colt trying to pander to anyone on the left.  

The M16 is what Colt sells to the military.  The Sporter is what Colt sells to civilians.

I guess Sporter is just not tacti-cool enough for the mall ninja's.

The Term "Sporting Purpose" was utilized in the gun control act of 68. Colt began selling the SP-1 in 1963. I am sure that term was wide spread way before 1968. Who knows for sure perhaps Colt coined the phrase.

What I do know is since that the GCA 68 " Sporting Purpose" or "Sporter" had been used to define something that is less than what it is. That is pandering.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:23:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Same here, I have got better things to worry about than that.  To each his own though.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top