Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:19:36 AM EDT
Sorry, this is probably the wrong forum, but I searched both here and the Armory and didn't get any hits.  Mods, please move to the appropriate subforum if I've committed a posting faux pas.  

I'm looking for experienced reviews of the Benelli MR1, especially how it compares & contrasts with the AR15.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:47:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of it but it looks like the ugly child of a Benelli M2 and Baretta CX4 Storm carbine.

With a MSRP of $1299 I think there are MUCH better options. I wouldn't buy one for $599. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I know one guy at work who has one and he loves it, but it is more of a fun gun for him, from what I have read it is being billed by Benelli as more of a fun gun or home defense type rifle than being a "military style rifle" he offered to let me warm it up a little in the near future if i get the chance I will post some pics .
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Interesting. My comments are worth zip as I know nothing about this firearm. It isn't pretty.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:16:06 PM EDT
[#4]

Good grief that thing is ugly...and expensive!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:44:44 PM EDT
[#5]
GOOD GOLLY.  That thing's horrid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I got to fondle one in a gun shop once. It felt good to hold and shoulder but the LOP shold be adjustable and the plastic handguard could use some refinement. It should also hive a flash hider. I wouldn't put too much faith in the iron sights either. It reminded me of the first SIG556 I played with. (not worth buying) I would (and am) buy the R1 and hope to get a good percision shooter out of it.

I want to say it would have been a better offering if the MR1 came in the long action calibers instead of a .223. It can't compete with an AR period.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:36:17 PM EDT
[#7]
To each his own, but to me - it is Euro trash.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Cant have a Flash suppressor.

Guns and Ammo January 2010

"The Flash-hiders absence is a necessity, as disassembly would not allow it."

Great design!!!

I will sick with the AR thanks.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like a Storm to me.  Never seen one in person so no clue how it performs
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Great shotguns, crappy rifles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Never heard of it but it looks like the ugly child of a Benelli M2 and Baretta CX4 Storm carbine.

With a MSRP of $1299 I think there are MUCH better options. I wouldn't buy one for $599. YMMV

I wouldn't buy one with your $599
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:45:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Phew. That IS ugly. AR. Hands down.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 7:52:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I just looked at it. This is the most accurate description I have ever read.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:43:16 PM EDT
[#14]
There was an article in a recent American Rifleman on this rifle.  I laughed out loud when I read the page that had the MSRP and the accuracy results.  I used to have a Chinese Norinco SKS that I gave a little over $100 (new price) for that would "pattern" better than this thing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:58:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Stick with a good AR-15.

That thing looks like a plumber's nightmare.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Cant have a Flash suppressor.

Guns and Ammo January 2010
"The Flash-hiders absence is a necessity, as disassembly would not allow it."

Great design!!!

I will sick with the AR thanks.

wow, engineers couldnt find a way 'round that eh?

At least we got our aye-are fif-teenz

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top