Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 7:35:41 PM EDT
I was wondering how these two compare in terms of muzzle climb, is there really any noticeable difference? Has anyone tried both the same rifle, specifically either with a 16" LW or 16" M-4 profile barrel?

I have a 5C1 on my carbine, but i was thinking of buying a vortex FH from adco when i send them my upper for barrel work soon, because i like the fact that the vortex does not require a crush washer, but the only thing that bothers me is that muzzle climb might be worse. the 5C1/5C2 is far from being a true muzzle brake/compensator though, so i'm thinking it won't be much, bu i figured i'd ask here to see if anyone has compared the two.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:38:51 PM EDT
[#1]
probably no real difference, but if i had to pick the phantom would prob be slightly better because the vortex has cuts all around.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm really surprised this hasn't gotten more responses, it seemed like a LOT of people here have used both before, and could comment on this.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a few of both, I like both. There does not seem to be a LOT of difference, am sure there is some. They both perform well, but there are better choices for muzzle rise/recoil than either of these. Both seem to excel at flash reduction. Some people do not care for the Vortex ping sound, it does not affect me, I kinda like the Vortex better for flash reduction (but again the Phantom does a good job).
I do not have enough trigger time shooting these in comparison to give you much info. The Phantom is a cheaper FH, but it is not a bad choice.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:31:57 PM EDT
[#4]
To me they have the same muzzle rise resistance as the A2, which is to say that they don't have much as their main goal is not muzzle rise but flash suspression/dispersion.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top