Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/6/2010 5:36:43 AM EDT
Looking for feedback about the Geissele SSA-E non-adjustable 2-stage. From what I've been able to hear/read, it's the next best thing since free air.
Crisp, clean,  no creep, super light and fast. I've been looking some time for a trigger to mount on my SAM-R and want to make sure that what i have on my sights it's the best piece of kit for my intended set-up.

I'm shooting  non-magnified (for now) at distances from 25-600yds. The rifle in question is a SAM-R and it's also my go-to weapon. For me that takes out the Geissele DMR adjustable 2 stage. I just want the reliability of a non adjustable.

Botach Tactical has them for $195.00 here. Should i go with it, any other offering you might want to suggest.

Also, I've never done business with Botach Tactical, or even heard of them for that matter. Are they reputable? any feed back on the will be appreciated.

Thanks

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:49:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Search Botach. Then go with ADCO or one of the other site sponsers.

I have no info on the SSA-E. In fact I know nothing about it. But I do have a DMR in my SAM-R type clone and love it. I also have a SSA in one of my carbines and love it. So I'll make you this offer;

Buy the SSA-E, install it and if you don't like it I'll buy it from you for the same price you payed for it.

Now there's a deal you can't pass up. And truethfully a rather empty offer on my part because you'll like it too much to part with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:00:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Search Botach. Then go with ADCO or one of the other site sponsers.

I have no info on the SSA-E. In fact I know nothing about it. But I do have a DMR in my SAM-R type clone and love it. I also have a SSA in one of my carbines and love it. So I'll make you this offer;

Buy the SSA-E, install it and if you don't like it I'll buy it from you for the same price you payed for it.

Now there's a deal you can't pass up. And truethfully a rather empty offer on my part because you'll like it too much to part with it.

LOL. Well sir ill take that deal, even though im pretty sure il'l like the damn thing. The DMR it's still and option, the only reason im seriously considering the SSA-E, it's the improvements over the SSA, and the theory of the unit being more rugged, as a function of it's simplisity vs. the DMR. This rifle is my go-to gun.

I don't want any weak points on it.

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:58:56 AM EDT
[#3]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=508729&light=
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

if you're going to post a link, at least make it clickable.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Try this Deal, . I got mine with no problems and they are a Industry sponsor on the 6.8 forum.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:36:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 2:54:04 PM EDT
[#7]

I think this is just the SSA for now, not the SSA-E.  But the industry forum rep. for palmetto said they may have them in a few more weeks.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I just  ordered a Geissele hi-speed national match trigger from Botach. Slow delivery but got it within 2 weeks. I looked online for a discount coupon and found one for 10%. Total came out to be $264 shipped. Coupon code word is "STIMULUS".
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just  ordered a Geissele hi-speed national match trigger from Botach. Slow delivery but got it within 2 weeks. I looked online for a discount coupon and found one for 10%. Total came out to be $264 shipped. Coupon code word is "STIMULUS".

Copy that.

J

ETA- Too many negative reviews on the Botach Tactical, i'll wait for the back-in stock e-mail from ADCO. Thanks Anyway.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:46:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Good decision.

And let me know if you don't like it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Don’t know about the SSA-E, but the SSA is my trigger of choice.

I have had CMC 2 stage and single stage drop in triggers, RRA 2 stage triggers, LMT 2 stage triggers and a hand full of modified “custom” triggers and the SSA is hands down my favorite…
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:20:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Good decision.

And let me know if you don't like it.

You got it

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
ADCO is good people. Trust me, Big-bore has been more than helpful in my quest to build a high power rifle. Definitely buy form ADCO.

And Bigbore says this trigger is excellent. I'd take his word for it. His advice has always been proven right by my experience.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
If I remember right, I ordered mine from ADCO on a Wednesday and had it Saturday.  Two or three days tops.  The SSA-E is a nice trigger.  Not a bench rest or match trigger, but certainly a very good "field" target trigger, if you get my meaning.  It isn't as light or crisp as the DMR, but it's really easy to be consistent with it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If I remember right, I ordered mine from ADCO on a Wednesday and had it Saturday.  Two or three days tops.  The SSA-E is a nice trigger.  Not a bench rest or match trigger, but certainly a very good "field" target trigger, if you get my meaning.  It isn't as light or crisp as the DMR, but it's really easy to be consistent with it.

That's exactly what im aiming for. Next best thing after adjustable offerings.

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 10:07:29 PM EDT
[#16]
The SSA is really nice. Can't wait to try the e version.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:19:34 AM EDT
[#17]
One + for Botach - they have big description on trigger. But one question arose: in SSA-E description it's stated that it will not work with HK416 firing pin safety. Other version does not have those remarks. I look for version that will work with HK416 (actually MR223) and I'm sure that High Speed version will not work (tried friends one). Clarification needed....
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#18]
The only Geissele trigger that will work with a HK416 firing pin safety is a custom trigger designed specifically for that weapon.  We occasionally have one or two available from overruns.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top