Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 11:40:55 AM EDT
I recently;y posted asking about recoil buffers and decided I may try an Enidine hydraulic buffer but figured I better make sure they aren't junk 1st. Does Colt also still have their hydraulic buffer? if so where I can find one of those?
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 11:59:55 AM EDT
[#1]
My opinion, hydro buffers don't provide any advantages on semi rifles other than stressing your charging handle every time you pull it to the rear. I've tried the endine's and went back to h2's and spikes heavy buffers.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 4:59:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My opinion, hydro buffers don't provide any advantages on semi rifles other than stressing your charging handle every time you pull it to the rear. I've tried the endine's and went back to h2's and spikes heavy buffers.

I second this opinion.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#3]
this really should be stickied.
Bottom line, Endine buffers are a waste of money and add one more thing to fail in a rifle (and they often do)
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 5:44:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Bottom line, Endine buffers are a waste of money and add one more thing to fail in a rifle (and they often do)

To each their own opinion. I shoot one and it does redues recoil and makes for faster foloow up shots, especially supressed. Have heard a few "stories" about them leaking, but I believe they have a lifetime warranty (have about 3000k rounds on mine, no issues) The same company makes the hyd buffer for the SAW.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:11:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I second this opinion.

I disagree.  I have an Enidine buffer in both of my ARs, neither is full auto, and they both produce a significant reduction in muzzle movement over the std recoil system.  I shoot my A4 rifle at steel out to 300yds using a 12x scope.  I paint the steel white with a small, 2"  red aimpoint.  With a std recoil system, the muzzle movement is enough to move the FOV of my scope off of the target.  With the Enidine, I can watch the round strike the plate at 300yds.  I get a similar improvement with my 9x scope on my carbine.

That's what I bought them for and they do the job very well.  In addition, I've had both for almost 5 years and many thousands of rounds and both still perform as if they were new.  If you want to 'quiet' your muzzle movement during firing on your semi-auto AR, the Enidine buffer is a great choice.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 6:53:13 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm with COsteve. they work. but I want to get one for the .308

enidine has made these for many years, they aren't junk.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:10:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

To each their own opinion. I shoot one and it does redues recoil and makes for faster foloow up shots, especially supressed. Have heard a few "stories" about them leaking, but I believe they have a lifetime warranty (have about 3000k rounds on mine, no issues) The same company makes the hyd buffer for the SAW.

here's a story for ya

I would not shoot one with a piston, of three on this board that broke, they were with piston guns

Quoted:

enidine has made these for many years, they aren't junk.

yes they are
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 8:19:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
... have about 3000k rounds on mine, no issues ...

3,000,000 rounds?
Holy shit, I wish my ammo budget allowed for that.
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 11:49:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I second this opinion.

I disagree.  I have an Enidine buffer in both of my ARs, neither is full auto, and they both produce a significant reduction in muzzle movement over the std recoil system.  I shoot my A4 rifle at steel out to 300yds using a 12x scope.  I paint the steel white with a small, 2"  red aimpoint.  With a std recoil system, the muzzle movement is enough to move the FOV of my scope off of the target.  With the Enidine, I can watch the round strike the plate at 300yds.  I get a similar improvement with my 9x scope on my carbine.
That's what I bought them for and they do the job very well.  In addition, I've had both for almost 5 years and many thousands of rounds and both still perform as if they were new.  If you want to 'quiet' your muzzle movement during firing on your semi-auto AR, the Enidine buffer is a great choice.

I also use the Endine buffers on my 16" carbines and Rock River 20" varmint rifle. In fact, I have been  using it for years, countless rounds through both rifles. I have shot each of my rifles with and without the Endine buffers. My conclusion is that they do without a doubt reduce muzzle movement and felt recoil. If you are using a scope, you will really notice the difference. I just got back from shooting my varmint rifle without the Endine buffer and I could definitely tell the difference. The scopes's sights move off target much much more than with the Endine buffer. With the Endine buffer each shot does not move the scope and I can see the rounds inpact. I am installing the Endine buffer back into the rifle as I type this post. My problem is.....I don't have enough Endine buffers for each rifle, so I am swapping. Anyway, that's my story....everyone has their story on the internet, right!

I think if you buy your Endine bufffer from Brownells they have a decent warranty on everything they sell. Brownell's thinks highly of them and label them the" Bronwell/Endine AR-Restor" (linky). Brownells made a video(linky) of the Endine buffer. At the end of the video the Brownells gunsmith ends the video by saying,  they(Brownells) have a 100% lifetime guarantee on the  Brownells/Enidine buffer.

Link Posted: 9/6/2010 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
you guys ever try different buffer weights?
Link Posted: 9/6/2010 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

you guys ever try different buffer weights?

I have use buffers from the carbine to the 9mm buffers. I use the 9mm buffer if I don't use the Enidine buffers in my carbine rifles. Buffers are something you will find many different views and opinions.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:05:22 AM EDT
[#12]
I use Enidines in all my ARs & work guns. I see an improvement with semi & auto, suppressed & unsuppressed. I've never had one break or leak after some high round counts.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:44:46 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I use Enidines in all my ARs & work guns. I see an improvement with semi & auto, suppressed & unsuppressed. I've never had one break or leak after some high round counts.

I saw ZERO inmprovement in my M16. MGI rate reducers do what they are advertised to do.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I can see that shooting from a bench with high mag glass that you may find some improvement with the endine. Tactical shooting is where I find them full of fail. The conundrum of the AR platform is that now everyone uses optics (I use red dot types) on flat-top uppers. To allow accessability when doing drills like immediate action usually requires some kind of extended CH latch. That puts extra stress on the CH. Add the extra compression of endine style buffers and I break/bend CH's at an alarming rate.

556 just doesn't have that much recoil with a heavy buffer to justify putting extra stress on some parts for very little perceived return.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I second this opinion.

I'm going to dis-disagree.  

I built two identical midlengths, one got an Enidyne, the other didn't.  Shooting them side by side, there was so little difference that I wished I hadn't bought the Enidyne.  You could say that the recoil impulse felt a tiny bit smoother with the enidyne... but total recoil wasn't changed.

Maybe that has to do with the rifles being midlengths, not carbines, I don't know... but I know that the Enidyne sure wasn't worth the money in that build.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top