Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2010 9:18:46 AM EDT
Hi- I picked up this upper a while back at  gun show.  The guy told me it was an FN upper and a Wilson CL barrel.  The only markings I could find were something that looks like a "C" on the right side of the upper receiver.  The barrel is heavier under the handguards and has a marking "N9C"
Can someone confirm what these really are.  I am just curious-weapon performs awesome with this set up.  Thanks
http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/2938/dscn1107.jpghttp://img11.imageshack.us/img11/3497/dscn1110h.jpg
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 10:25:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone??
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay I fiigured out that the barrel is a Rock River, and what the N9C is.  I still can't find with that receiver marking means though.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I was told that the square mark was/is used by FN.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:06:19 PM EDT
[#4]
The upper receiver is forged by "Brass and Aluminum Forgings Inc".

That's not an FN upper though, becuase they have the identifying "F" stamped next to the forgers mark when they have them machine finished.  Also, FN doesn't use teflon coat anodizing, which that one looks to be.

It's not a bad forging, just not finish machined for FN.

The machine work could have been done by any number of shops.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool-thanks for answering that for me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:11:46 PM EDT
[#6]
My guess is that it is a Tony's Custom upper, he uses these receivers.  Del-Ton also uses these upper receivers

Rock River usually uses Cardinal Forge upper receivers.

Link Posted: 1/30/2010 3:15:49 PM EDT
[#7]
My guess is that it is a Tony's Custom upper, he uses these receivers.  Del-Ton also uses these upper receivers

Rock River usually uses Cardinal Forge upper receivers.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top