Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2009 1:58:01 PM EDT
I'm looking to build a Dissipator-style AR later this year.

Besides Bushmaster, does anyone else offer a non-HBAR Dissy setup?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

ADCO has one.  They are getting them in stock in January.  The ones on their site now are SS, the new ones won't be.  You'll have to email [email protected] for more details.  They come with Mid length gas

http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/productLine_.cfm?brand=Adco%20Custom&product_category=Barrels

CMMG also makes them with mid, car, and rifle gas.  Their's are medium profile, however.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:23:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ADCO has one.  They are getting them in stock in January.  The ones on their site now are SS, the new ones won't be.  You'll have to email [email protected] for more details.  They come with Mid length gas

http://www.adcofirearms.com/acc/productLine_.cfm?brand=Adco%20Custom&product_category=Barrels

CMMG also makes them with mid, car, and rifle gas.  Their's are medium profile, however.

I've looked at the ADCO, but it looks to be a lot heavier than what I'm after. Are CMMG's barrels/carriers any better than what I'd get from Bushmaster?
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 2:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Not sure.  I haven't owned either.  They both seem to have a good reputation from what I've heard.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one from both.
I had ADDCo lighten a heavy barrel dissy a long time ago.
Steve does great work and I am very happy with it
I recently bought one of the "M4 " type dissy barreled uppers ,which is exactly the same thing but all made by Bushmaster.
Both are great
I love the look and balance of the dissy, its my favorite.
Im not an M4 fan,Love the dissipator and my 20" flat tops.
I own 1 "M4 style" 16" + 2 Dissapator 16s and am building my second 20" flat top.
My taste is currently out of favor, but I dont care.
My dissy's are BM barrels, BCM bolts and carriers,BCM BUIS,LT mounts and Aimpoints ( M2 & an M3) and ive got Magpull ACS stocks with the milspec tubes
and a good stake job on the castle nut that I learned how to do from this site.
I used BM LPK's in a Rock River lower and a Houge pistol grip.
I Would have bought the barreled uppers from BCM if they made them ,but they dont, as far as I know
The bushy barrels have served me very  well for many K of rnds
Just my 2cents
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:40:11 PM EDT
[#5]
I used to have a DPMS dissy.  IIRC it was a heavy barrel though.  I swapped it with a carbine upper and the weight was noticeably reduced.  

Excellent gun, very accurate, just weighed a ton.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a BM dissapator upper as well and have had no problemas with it at all....<><....:)
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top