Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/18/2009 4:50:55 AM EDT
Does anyone not see that the ACR looks a lot like the FNH SCAR 16? I mean unless you like the brand they look the same even down to the stock!
........or am I crazy? Anyone care to comment?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:03:53 AM EDT
[#1]
They look different to me!

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:06:26 AM EDT
[#2]
They appear to be somewhat similar at a glance but further inspection shows a lot of little differences.

Not to get into to much detail what I have noticed in general:

The ACR has a taller profile upper and longer piston system than the SCAR. Also the SCAR has the charging handle (bolt handle) above the mag release where as the ACR is located on the left more toward the front of the upper. The ACR has a bolt release near the trigger which in my opinion is an awesome idea.

Both rifles look great and I cant wait to add one to my collection.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
to me the design looks sperior because it has less screws and also  the charging handle doesnt move while cycling
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:51:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Have they ever given any real indication when the ACR would be available? Sure seems to be alot of foot dragging going on with it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:59:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Have they ever given any real indication when the ACR would be available? Sure seems to be alot of foot dragging going on with it.

http://www.bushmaster.com/acr_update.asp

Don't hold your breath though....
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#6]
The biggest difference I see is that FN has released the SCAR so that they can use it to actually make money, rather than the Bushmaster camp who just seems to want to show off a gun they aren't gonna release.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:10:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Very similar but they do have their differences...

Rem ACR

FNH SCAR
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The biggest difference I see is that FN has released the SCAR so that they can use it to actually make money, rather than the Bushmaster camp who just seems to want to show off a gun they aren't gonna release.

I appreciate the fact that they are running it through tests to make sure it ready before being released. I sure dont like having to send stuff back to have it fixed, more companies should practice this policy.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:37:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I appreciate the fact that they are running it through tests to make sure it ready before being released. I sure dont like having to send stuff back to have it fixed, more companies should practice this policy.

Production models have been released IIRC. The AAC shoot in GA a few months back they gave away at least two thru a raffle.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:04:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Very similar but they do have their differences...

Rem ACR
http://combatrifle.net/acr/remington_acr2.jpg

FNH SCAR
http://world.guns.ru/assault/scar-l_all.jpg

Yeah, the main difference in looks being that the ACR is gorgeous and the SCAR is ugly as sin.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should have done all that before they started parading it around in 2007 for release in '08.

If it's not ready for market, don't show it to the market. Duh.

All they've accomplished now is too piss of most of the people who probably would have bought them sight unseen had they been ready for release when Magpul originally started showing them off.  I know I'm at the point personally that I probably won't ever buy one just out of spite.  Furthermore, advertising them as "The People's Rifle" and then blatantly given the public sector the proverbial finger in favor of pursuing a possible (yet highly unlikely) .mil contract... I'll pass.  There's other companies that actually want my money.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:03:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They should have done all that before they started parading it around in 2007 for release in '08.

If it's not ready for market, don't show it to the market. Duh.

All they've accomplished now is too piss of most of the people who probably would have bought them sight unseen had they been ready for release when Magpul originally started showing them off.  I know I'm at the point personally that I probably won't ever buy one just out of spite.  Furthermore, advertising them as "The People's Rifle" and then blatantly given the public sector the proverbial finger in favor of pursuing a possible (yet highly unlikely) .mil contract... I'll pass.  There's other companies that actually want my money.

You must think concept cars are a dumb idea as well.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:28:34 AM EDT
[#13]
No, because concept cars are released with the understanding that they are CONCEPTS .  No one expects them to come to market and the companies don't put release dates on them just to break said release date and push it back further, and repeatedly (although GM did do that with the new Camaro's, but we all know how well their business model has worked out for them).

The ACR on the other hand, was debuted with the understanding that they would be available for sale within the year.  All the testing was done, and production was just being ramped up so that stock on hand could have a chance to match demand come the release date... yeah, right.

They aren't going to be released, quit holding your breath and go shoot a gun that actually exists.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:03:45 AM EDT
[#14]
yeah I like the way the acr's stock looks.  It looks much more comfortable to me than the scar's.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 11:14:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Sweet another ACR thread

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 12:23:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sweet another ACR thread

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top