Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 5:23:48 AM EDT
I have always wondered what the gas buster does besides vent the gas out to the right besides to your face.  Anything else?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Has a bigger latch which some like. I hear its nice if you run a suppressor.
And
Makes you EXTREEEME.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Its good for an SBR too. The gas buster is on both my SBR and RR.
I call it a buzzkill charging handle.

If you just want the big latch, you can buy that part separately.
Ive put those latches on my normal charging handles.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:36:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine seems less "flimsy" than a some other CHs. Could be in my head, though, it just doesn't feel like it flexes as much if I push or pull horizontally while charging the BCG.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:14:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't bother if you're a left handed shooter.  Waste of money.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:11:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Sweet with a can
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:19:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have always wondered what the gas buster does besides vent the gas out to the right besides to your face.  Anything else?

They're designed for use with a can hence the Gas Buster name but they work with any application.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#7]
The Gas Buster has slots that vent gas to the sides.  Like the other guys said, it's good with a suppressor but if you're not getting a bunch of gas in your face then it's not worth the money.  I like the BCM Mod 4 Gunfighter latch.  It's solid behind the latch and is the same price as a standard charging handle + big latch.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:19:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Makes you EXTREEEME.

this

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top