Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/4/2009 2:37:43 PM EDT
I have done some checking around with the search function here, and checked their website but I cant find a thread the talks about where WOA gets their barrels from. At least the blanks? Do they manufacture them? Most of what I have read place them in high regard. I read a post a while back that went into where all of the big name brands actually procure their barrels, but for the life of me I cant find it agian. I supose it does not realy matter, but my curiosity is getting the better of me. Thanks for any info you guys might have.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:39:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I think they make their own barrels.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:50:16 PM EDT
[#2]
White Oak is basically two companies. White Oak Armament (WOA) is the most widely known and most people have their products. They use Wilson and Criterion* blanks for most of their barrels. They recently have used Shilen blanks and in some calibers (.204) they use Pac-Nor blanks. I think they use PacNor for their Tubb barrels too.

White Oak Precision (WOP) is their custom division and they will use any blank you send them or order through them. They will use Krieger, Bartlein, PacNor, Douglas and any one of the other match barrel makers of your choosing. These barrels take much longer to get because John Holliger turns them one at a time himself and you have the delay caused by ordering a custom blank. It's worth the wait.

*Criterion is Krieger's button rifled barrel division. As a rule Criterion barrels are only available to people in the industy (manufacturers). Krieger, however, will sell one of their cut rifled barrels direct to the general public.

I hope this answers your question.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 4:20:10 PM EDT
[#3]
That was as good of an answer as I could hope for. Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to White Oak Precisions web site and look for FAQ, they explain it all there. BTW, Compass Lake Engineering machines the White Oak Armament barrels for them. The handle the custom work for WOP in house.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top