Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/3/2009 7:17:20 AM EDT
I bought a 10.5" upper and the front site was slightly canted left. I had to adjust my rear BUIS all the way right to get it on target. I didn't like this so I bought a Daniel Defense Omega rail and a YHM flip up front site to eliminate the canted front site. I goto the range to site it in and dammit if I don't have to move the BUIS way right again.

BUIS Position:

The Buis is seated properly too:

So what is the problem? The barrel is centered properly in the quad rail so it doesn't look bent.

Any advice?

Thanks, Alan
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#1]
One of my rifles had the BUIS about in the same position, I just rolled with it. With the Omega rail system you can adjust the cant of the rail with the four allen head screws by the barrel nut. Play with those if you have to get it perfect, that should center you up.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One of my rifles had the BUIS about in the same position, I just rolled with it. With the Omega rail system you can adjust the cant of the rail with the four allen head screws by the barrel nut. Play with those if you have to get it perfect, that should center you up.

This
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:44:01 AM EDT
[#3]
The placement of the rear sight is unique to each person it is not equipment problems it is where you are putting your eye if you are hitting the target you are good I always have to put the rear sight over to the left five lines from mechanical zero no matter what rifle I use
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top