Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2009 1:27:55 PM EDT
Today I experienced a jam in my AR.  This is rare, and I'm wondering if folks have a theory and the diagnosis of it, so it doesn't happen again.  

Gun: RRA NM A4 (20" BBL).  
Magazine: old 30rnd aluminum GI beater
Ammo: 62 gr ball - mild reloads
Position: Prone

Fired 29 rounds rapid fire in a simulated rattle-battle (which is to say, fire as fast as you can to hit a very fine target, from prone).  The last round did not feed, but instead the bolt lockback was activated by the magazine, and the last round was laying on TOP of the magazine lips.  I dropped the bolt and fired it, but this isn't something I've encountered before, and seemed weird.

My pet theory: this is a magazine issue.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 1:35:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I had an antique mag start doing that marked it bad its now what i use to hold a lower in a vise when i'm piddling around
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 2:23:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, the mag is toast.  You may be able to fix it with a Magpul follower and a new spring, but for the $$ you will spend, you can buy a Cprod or similar and get both with a new body...
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:48:42 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a couple 20 rd c-product mags that did this last time to the range. I thought about tweaking on them but haven't done anything yet.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:08:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Yup, the mag is toast.  You may be able to fix it with a Magpul follower and a new spring, but for the $$ you will spend, you can buy a Cprod or similar and get both with a new body...

this
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top