Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2009 8:41:25 AM EDT
what would be the best way to paint it so that paint is removable if its not what I want ? What I have is a MP15 lower , BCM middy upper with standard type hand guards and an ergo grip (both OD) thinking of doing it (the stock) in FDE to sort of give it a cammo look or may cammo the grip,handguards and stock in a cammo scheme
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#1]
A type of paint called Bowflage is designed to be easily removable.

Krylon will come off relatively easy as well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:09:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably Krylon. You have to take the stock off and prep it really well.  Scrub it with a liquid soap and follow up with denatured alcohol and then let it hang dry completely. If Krylon makes an adhesion promoter use that before you hit it with paint. Dust the paint on in several light coats rather than spray it on heavy.

If you want to do another color rinse and repeat. But I submit it would be easier to buy another stock, possibly an upgrade, in the color you want.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a take off S&W col. stock I'd sell cheap if you want to try or have two...lol.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 9:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Those SW collapsible stocks have got to be a dime a dozen. I think most everyone replaces the stock with something aftermarket. I know my stock has been sitting in the closet since i got my M&P.
I would say don't worry about undoing your paint job since it's likely only a ten dollar part.
If you mess it up you can always just buy another one.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks to all for very good ideas
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:37:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Just get a stock in FDE and slap it on there.  Then, it will be really easy to switch it back, if you don't like it.

ETA>  You can probably dig one up on the EE dirt cheap.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top