Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2009 4:17:36 PM EDT
Hello,

This is my first post to this forum.  First, thanks to everyone.  There is a ton of helpful information here.

The lower receiver sale at Spike's Tactical got me to buy my first AR-15 lower.  It recently arrived and I began to inspect it.  Didn't expect to find anything out of the ordinary.  I noticed a mark on the right hand side, though, near the magazine well.

Can anyone tell me, is this abnormal?  Is it merely a cosmetic issue?

Thanks in advance for any input.

http://selias.org/images/IMG_0149.jpg
http://selias.org/images/IMG_0150.jpg
http://selias.org/images/IMG_0151.jpg
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:18:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It is cosmetic.  Call Spike's and discuss it with them.  They have great customer service.

ETA:  Welcome to the site.

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:23:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks chipped..........exchange it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:24:50 PM EDT
[#3]
No that isn't normal, but it won't affect function.

If I paid $89 for that, I wouldn't care at all.

However if it bothers you, Spike's customer service is second to none.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:28:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Only one way to solve this, cut up with a saw!!!
J/K  I would keep it since it won't interfere with function, but if it bothers you, contact Spikes, they will make it right. They have great customer service
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#5]
What mark?  Call Spikes about what?

EDIT...nevermind....there it is.  I'd rather have a prettier one too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:33:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Call spikes, thats a pretty bad gash that obviously happened before anodizing. They should replace it and sell that one as a cosmetic blemish.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the help, everyone.  PM sent.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did you buy it from us? If so please send it back and Ill replace it asap. That should of Never left our shop unless it was sold as a blem. It is only cosmetic, but we don't sell stuff looking like that. If you decide to keep it, I can discount it for you.

More and more I find myself impressed with Spikes...
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you buy it from us? If so please send it back and Ill replace it asap. That should of Never left our shop unless it was sold as a blem. It is only cosmetic, but we don't sell stuff looking like that. If you decide to keep it, I can discount it for you.

More and more I find myself impressed with Spikes...

Good folks!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:11:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This is why I support Spike's. I applaud you and your business sir.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

This is part of the reason I have purchased from Spikes!!!!!!! GREAT SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

No it's not normal but the crazy good customer service found above is
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#15]
you can't be that kind of customer service
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:08:38 PM EDT
[#16]
These guys really are awesome!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I'll give you $50 for it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:27:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Thats customer service!
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is part of the reason I have purchased from Spikes!!!!!!! GREAT SERVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!

+100

Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! We try our best.

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Spikes will have my business for a long time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:09:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks! We try our best.

OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE.  Spikes will have my business for a long time.

Agreed.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Wow, I just want to say I am amazed by Spike's customer service in this case. I've never bought any of Spike's products in the past, but I will gladly give them my business in the future.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:14:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I can attest to Spike's excellent service.  +1 for Spikes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Another big +1 for Spike's - I decided to take a drive (they are a couple of hours away) rather than transfer some lowers in. The gentleman I spoke with seemed a bit surprised that I made the trip but it was well worth it. I picked up a pair of lowers and one had a  TINY blemish on the finish - he swapped them both out without any grief at all so I could keep consecutive SN's (his suggestion). He was happy to do it - no grief, no looks, just great customer service. I went ahead and picked up some PMags while I was there just because...

I am kicking myself for not spending some more time and money while I was there (I should have asked about making a trip into the back room). Busy place but everyone was friendly and seemed to be enjoying themselves.

Sorry for the sidetrack but they will take care of you one way or another - they've earned my business as well!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top