BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:04:11 PM EDT
I was thinking of doing 2 Delton kits on Delton receivers (one light weight 16” A3 carbine kinda high speed plinker setup/ and one 16” midi HBAR A3 for varmints) and then I was thinking that for the same $ as the 2 I could buy a Noveske N4 Light Recce Basic 16". I have had super luck with Delton so far and am happy with all aspects of their products. So much so that I sold my RRA for my last project and have not once regretted it. If I get one rifle for the price of 2 will I really be able to see where the $ went? It may help to know that I am just a gun range shooter+ the occasional short range (100-200 yards) varmint (not LEO/Military or anything).

Edit to add:I kinda like having 2 in case 1 should fail and the 2 each have their own niche in my mind. But if the Noveske was as light as the light weight Delton and as accurate as the HBAR free floated Delton and as reliable as a Delton+ a spare Delton than I would be happy to have the extra room in the safe.

Thanks in advance.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
I know that I would love to get a Noveske!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:07:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Noveske
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
What are your needs?  Do you really need 2 or 1, if just 1, buy the best!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:14:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I kinda like having 2 in case 1 should fail and the 2 each have their own niche in my mind. But if the Noveske was as light as the light weight Delton and as accurate as the HBAR free floated Delton and as reliable as a Delton+ a spare Delton than I would be happy to have the extra room in the safe.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:16:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Do I even have to answer? Noveske!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:21:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Man, why the price extremes? You could probably build one very, very nice, high quality rifle and have cash left over to pay bills or buy magazines or something.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Fear the man with only 1 rifle.....he knows how to use it.
BK:American!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:22:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Out of your choices, Noveske. In your position I'd get a BCM middy with a rail and aimpoint, then spend any leftovers on ammo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:22:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Me, I'd go Del-Ton. I suppose it would be nice to have a Noveske, sure, but I would still go Del-Ton.

Now, if you asked me about two Olys or one Noveske, then sure, Novske. However, Del-Ton is a terrific gun with a ton of praise on here. But in the end there is really no reason to go Noveske over two quality Del-Ton for the same price. (Except for the snob factor of course)
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:23:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I like the look of the Noveske rollmark and I understand their barrels are excellent, but what other qualities make the Noveske stuff so desireable? Basicly I am asking what is a person paying for that isn't found with other manufacturers? I want one of the 12.5 Crusader barrels if they are ever available again, but I wouldn't buy a whole Noveske rifle. Not that they aren't worth it, but I just wouldn't do it. I have done some business with Del-ton and their customer service is excellent, but I have never owned one of their lowers or rifles. I hear they are a quality brand and a good value.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:24:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So what about the guy with 10 rifles stashed all over his AO configured the exact same way ?  

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:26:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Noveskie
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:26:33 PM EDT
[#13]
What about a Colt 6940 upper on your choice of lower?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:42:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I would rather have have 2 rifle set up the way I like them than have 1. Or like others said, go with one decked out and then buy lots of mags and ammo.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:43:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Get 2!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#16]
I have a BCM upper on a Del-Ton lower.  I'd still go with Noveske though.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what about the guy with 10 rifles stashed all over his AO configured the exact same way ?  

That fellow, like the rest of us, needs help or me as a friend.
BK

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#18]

in a firearm quality is the most important feature. if the weapon is to be used for self defense QUALITY is the ONLY feature that matters!

if it'll never be used as a defensive weapon then get whatever you want.

i don't completely get this "2 is 1" thing either. if there is a serious event and you are going to rely on your weapon to save your life are you going to be carrying two of them? i want to see this. i want to see a guy with TWO sub-standard AR-15's running around after the world just went to shit. you can hump enough food, water, shelter and other necessary items but still have room for that "extra" AR? when the guys that are carrying all the guns and ammo only make it a few miles before they kick over and die cause you can't eat an "extra" AR i'll bet they were wishing for more food and water. then all of your "stuff" will be looted from your corpse, thanks for the ammo.

no sir, not me. i'll take 1 well built rifle that i know is as tough as it can be and has been tested and proved. add some ammo, mags, a small cleaning kit and a few common spare parts and i'm out the door.

BCM, LMT, Colt, SABRE, Noveske, DD or KAC
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#19]
fuck, second stupid thread today like this.

Noveske.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:04:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Two is one, and one is none...just my two cents.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:07:52 PM EDT
[#21]
So you still have your Delton? Then add a Noveske to your arsenal...
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:14:25 PM EDT
[#22]
both those crap guns will fail long before your noveske. get the noveske. buy once cry once.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:16:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This is true, but I'm not sure if everyone gets it. I use that theory with concealed carry.

If you have one and it fails, you have none. So, 1=none
If you have two and one fails, you have one. so, 2=1

I agree that I would rather have one well built rifle instead of two OK ones, but things happen to well built weapons too. I'm bringing an armored covered wagon to haul ALL of my stuff Just a joke, OK?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:21:24 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true, but I'm not sure if everyone gets it. I use that theory with concealed carry.

If you have one and it fails, you have none. So, 1=none
If you have two and one fails, you have one. so, 2=1

I agree that I would rather have one well built rifle instead of two OK ones, but things happen to well built weapons too. I'm bringing an armored covered wagon to haul ALL of my stuff Just a joke, OK?

So bring spare parts. Which can be easily contained within compartments attached to the rifle via stocks, grips, VFGs etc.

In a true SHTF scenario there WILL be more important items than your weapon. 8lbs of redundant, useless weight will not do you as much good as 8lbs of water.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:49:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I kinda like having 2 in case 1 should fail and the 2 each have their own niche in my mind. But if the Noveske was as light as the light weight Delton and as accurate as the HBAR free floated Delton and as reliable as a Delton+ a spare Delton than I would be happy to have the extra room in the safe.

Good analysis.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:52:57 PM EDT
[#26]
So what do you compare a Noveske too? "A Del-ton!" - That's some funny shit right there! For both parties!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:15:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Spikes = $900.00 + spare parts + optics + etc.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I like the look of the Noveske rollmark and I understand their barrels are excellent, but what other qualities make the Noveske stuff so desireable? Basicly I am asking what is a person paying for that isn't found with other manufacturers? I want one of the 12.5 Crusader barrels if they are ever available again, but I wouldn't buy a whole Noveske rifle. Not that they aren't worth it, but I just wouldn't do it. I have done some business with Del-ton and their customer service is excellent, but I have never owned one of their lowers or rifles. I hear they are a quality brand and a good value.

Rainier arms has some 12.5" crusader barrels is stock right now.  And your welcome for helping you spend your money.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:13:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So what do you compare a Noveske too? "A Del-ton!" - That's some funny shit right there! For both parties!

Quoted:

Noveske.

Quoted:
both those crap guns will fail long before your noveske. get the noveske. buy once cry once.

Look guys please keep in mind that the only rifles I have hands on experience with are rifles like RRA Del-ton and Bushmaster, and in all honesty I’d put my Del-Ton’s against the RRA’s and Bushy’s I’ve handled so please don’t act like it is so ludicrous if I wonder if I’ll see the difference if I shell out the extra loot for a Noveske. I like to think I will but I have never once held a “custom” (Noveske, Wilson, Baer) AR in my hands so forgive me (sarcasm) for being discerning with my limited hard earned $.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:22:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quite frankly the only thing separating Noveske from any other quality AR is the barrel.

The rest is COTS. Quality, but still COTS.

And also, quite frankly, Les Baer and Wilson Combat carbines aren't the equal of a Noveske.

And with other barrel makers stepping up their game, shelling out the cash for a Noveske isn't the very best way a person on a budget can spend their money, IMHO.

If you've got plenty of cash, don't hesitate, they're great rifles and they hold their value pretty well.

But the vast majority of Noveske buyers would be better off with a BCM, a 6920, a Spikes CHF rifle, etc for less money, because they could use that money for other things.

A Noveske with 1 magazine and no ammo isn't going to do you any good.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:35:43 AM EDT
[#31]
BCM
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#32]
noveske
BCM
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:41:48 AM EDT
[#33]
2 pimped out Kias or 1 BMW?
the 1 BMW is going to get you more ass, same goes with the noveske
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:42:18 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I realize that Del-Ton isn't the number one choice by operators, but since when was it a "crap" gun?

I have yet to find a thread that said anything negative about Del-Ton, except one. That problem, a canted FSB, got taken care of right away, even during the Obama Black Rifle Scare. How many rifles/kits have they sold now?

As others have said, if the rifle is intended for work, then get the Noveske or something of similar quality. Otherwise, have fun with two reliable and well built rifles for the price. Mine is relatively new at 5 months old and only has 700 or so rounds through it. All of them except the first 10 were Russian steel cased ammo and I have yet to have any sort of malfunction, ever.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:15:14 AM EDT
[#35]
I own a few Noveske's along with quite a few other brands also. Since money is obviously an issue, I think you'd be better served in getting a quality rifle from manufacturers such as Colt (6920), DD, or, BCM. I shot for the first time a DDM4 and I was very impressed with the quality.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:18:21 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
2 pimped out Kias or 1 BMW?
the 1 BMW is going to get you more ass, same goes with the noveske

Soooo, you're saying I should trade my 19 1/2 Hesse/Blackthornes for one Del Ton?
The reason there's a 1/2 is one of them broke in half and I lost the rear section.
Kidding, never have/will own a H/B.
Buy once, cry everyday until you find a dumbass that can't live without it

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:38:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I own a few Noveske's along with quite a few other brands also. Since money is obviously an issue, I think you'd be better served in getting a quality rifle from manufacturers such as Colt (6920), DD, or, BCM. I shot for the first time a DDM4 and I was very impressed with the quality.

Sorry....double tap
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:40:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I completely agree. I also own a couple Noveskes but they sound like overkill for your situation. Any of the options given above in jboy`s post would be a better choice given the circumstances.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:16:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Noveske.

Quoted:

Look guys please keep in mind that the only rifles I have hands on experience with are rifles like RRA Del-ton and Bushmaster, and in all honesty I’d put my Del-Ton’s against the RRA’s and Bushy’s I’ve handled so please don’t act like it is so ludicrous if I wonder if I’ll see the difference if I shell out the extra loot for a Noveske. I like to think I will but I have never once held a “custom” (Noveske, Wilson, Baer) AR in my hands so forgive me (sarcasm) for being discerning with my limited hard earned $.

Hey I don't want to think I was trying to make fun of you or anything. It was just me making fun of Noveske. Your good man.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:01:22 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I realize that Del-Ton isn't the number one choice by operators, but since when was it a "crap" gun?

I have yet to find a thread that said anything negative about Del-Ton, except one. That problem, a canted FSB, got taken care of right away, even during the Obama Black Rifle Scare. How many rifles/kits have they sold now?

As others have said, if the rifle is intended for work, then get the Noveske or something of similar quality. Otherwise, have fun with two reliable and well built rifles for the price. Mine is relatively new at 5 months old and only has 700 or so rounds through it. All of them except the first 10 were Russian steel cased ammo and I have yet to have any sort of malfunction, ever.

Edited for spelling.

complain all you want but my life is worth more to me than saving $300 on a gun made with inferior QC and parts. ill shoot real guns, not toys.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:02:31 AM EDT
[#41]
Noveske.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:09:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

both those crap guns will fail long before your noveske. get the noveske.

buy once right, cry once.

fixed.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Regardless of manufacturer, given the choice between one top tier rifle with mags, ammo, etc., or two mid tier rifles,  I'd go with the top tier every time.  I understand your angle about having another rifle if one fails, but bear in mind your failure rate decreases dramatically with the higher quality rifles.  You stated it was a range gun for the most part, how many can you shoot at one time?  I think if you get the higher end rifle (Noveske or otherwise) with some accessories you will never look back.  Just my $.02.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:24:46 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Man, why the price extremes? You could probably build one very, very nice, high quality rifle and have cash left over to pay bills or buy magazines or something.

I agree.  Deltons are good, but there are better out there for not much more.  Noveskes are just overpriced, in my opinion.

Maybe their barrels ARE great, but their other parts are overpriced.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:44:43 AM EDT
[#45]
I'd do the two as well. There are more uses then one rifle will handle well. Not that you can't try and make it work, but a guy that shoots 77gr will not shoot 45 gr for varmits.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#46]
How does that old saying go?  One is none, two is one?  I'd get two lowers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:38:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Get a Noveske, and stretch out $100 for a Mega lower, or $90 for a spikes.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Edited for spelling.

complain all you want but my life is worth more to me than saving $300 on a gun made with inferior QC and parts. ill shoot real guns, not toys.

I'm not complaining at all. I'm just wondering why you are shitting on a good company like Del-Ton. Did one of their rifles explode in your face?

The OP said nothing about HD and specifically said he was going to use these rifles at the range and for varmint shooting. Del-Ton will do just that, and more. Mine goes to matches and I'm purposely not cleaning it to see when it will fail.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:25:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Me, I'd go Del-Ton. I suppose it would be nice to have a Noveske, sure, but I would still go Del-Ton.

Now, if you asked me about two Olys or one Noveske, then sure, Novske. However, Del-Ton is a terrific gun with a ton of praise on here. But in the end there is really no reason to go Noveske over two quality Del-Ton for the same price. (Except for the snob factor of course)

Same here. Del-Tons are solid and an incredible value. I'd get two of them. Two is one, one is none.
Noveske is nice, but of that choice, I'd get two Del-Tons.

EDIT:
I'm a Rock River, Bushmaster, and Del-Ton owner.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top