Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2009 7:47:41 AM EDT
Just wondering what kind of ammo others are using and their experience...I'm about to get my dedicated upper in a day or two and wanted to know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Federal red box, stay away from the remington.
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 8:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Federal red box, stay away from the remington.

I don't own one of these kits,but definitely stay away from remington .22 ammo

Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah remington is crap, they paint their bullets gold for f*** sake..

Federal copper plated or CCI is all I will use, save the Remington crap I unfortunately bought 3 boxes of for the 10/22 since I could care less about that rifle.
Link Posted: 9/10/2009 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I've run Spike's & CMMG uppers and currently have a Colt .22 M4....

You have a very low probability of any AR platform .22 liking anything Remington. While CCI minimags work great in my P22, they are about 70% in AR platforms in my experience. Anything Federal will be your best bet. I currently use Winchester bulk 555 packs since they have tight fitting bullets and function 99.9% in my Colt however they wont cycle my P22.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I tried out CCI mini mags.  FAIL about 80% of the time.  Bends the bullet when I extract it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:59:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Federal and CCI have been great.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:04:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I heard something about filing down the feed ramp a bit on some dedidcated uppers.  I don't understand though, my conversion kit fed rounds better than this upper does.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll tell you what NOT TO USE.  Remington Cyclone.  Shit Shit Shit.. Misfeeds and misfires every 3 rounds with my CMMG.. With their mag; Blackdog mag.  Same shit.

Now I'm stuck with 3 bricks of the shit...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top