Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 5:58:13 PM EDT
I have a Bushy 16" patrolmans barrel and I need some m4 cuts because I have a MUR reciever.  It functions fine with ball ammo and FMG, but not with hollow points.  I am considering getting adco to do it ( I suck with a dremel).  I figured i would get it cut down to 14.5 w/ a per attached vortex fh to get my monies worth, but maybe i should just get a 16.1 recon and sell my bushy.  i got a configuration in mind and the m4 figuration would be cheaper, but i would like to have a 16.1 w/ a DD 12.0 lite.  my m4 config. would wear an omega 7.0.  What do u guys think.  any imput or ideas is welcomed.  If spelling sucks it cause im having a cigar & trying not to get ash on keyboard, so sorry

here is what i got.  any pics of a 16" cut down would be great.  I dont know if it would need to get reprofiled or not
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
WTF is on your feet?

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:30:45 PM EDT
[#2]
my personal opinion would be to get it cut to 14.5" w/perm attached FH, low pro gas block and the DD 12.0 Lite Rail... I have a Noveske 14.5" and a 16" recon..cant really tell the difference in accuracy. Farthest range allows though is 200 yards..just curious, does gas length really matter with the 14.5"?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:32:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
WTF is on your feet?

Vibran fivefinger... I posted this pic awhile ago on the m4 pic thread, I just chose that pic because it is the best pic of the overall setup I have right now.  All the other pics i have up right now are close ups, and I currently am not in possesion of my ar  so u get what u get
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
First question is WTF is on your feet?!

I had ADCO cut my Colt 6920 to 14 1/2". Other than losing part of the barrel stamping, it looks great. I also added the Omega but took it off to add a longer FF rail. With shipping, my ADCO job cost about $150 so keep that in mind. It might be cheaper to just sell your barrel and buy on with the correct feedramps.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:35:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
First question is WTF is on your feet?!

I had ADCO cut my Colt 6920 to 14 1/2". Other than losing part of the barrel stamping, it looks great. I also added the Omega but took it off to add a longer FF rail. With shipping, my ADCO job cost about $150 so keep that in mind. It might be cheaper to just sell your barrel and buy on with the correct feedramps.

do u have any pics

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:37:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I have to ask, WTF are you wearing on your feet?

Anyway, the 14.5 will be shorter overall and you could still use a DD lite 12.0.  No reprofiling needed, it will just look like a 14.5" barrel with a permanent vortex or whatever you choose.  What specifically are you planning to do with this gun?  

If your looking for rail space go with a low pro gas block and the DD 12.  If your looking for light, handy, and basic go for the omega.  In either case I would recommend the 14.5.  Whether or not the Noveske is worth it is up to you and what you plan to do with it (competition, ammunition, accessories).  If you do mostly blasting or shoot for groups on Saturday I wouldn't recommend the expense.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
i want your tactical socks.

no shit.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I have to ask, WTF are you wearing on your feet?

Anyway, the 14.5 will be shorter overall and you could still use a DD lite 12.0.  No reprofiling needed, it will just look like a 14.5" barrel with a permanent vortex or whatever you choose.  What specifically are you planning to do with this gun?  

If your looking for rail space go with a low pro gas block and the DD 12.  If your looking for light, handy, and basic go for the omega.  In either case I would recommend the 14.5.  Whether or not the Noveske is worth it is up to you and what you plan to do with it (competition, ammunition, accessories).

I am not looking to loose the fsb, I was talking about the segment of the berrel just past the m203 cut and behind the fh where the barrel indents slightly... if it chopped then it will losse that part, didn't know if it would affect anything other than cosmetically
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#9]
since everyone else asked, WTF is on your feet? It looks like Adam Sandler's foot in Mr Deed...lol...
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
since everyone else asked, WTF is on your feet? It looks like Adam Sandler's foot in Mr Deed...lol...

posted the answer about 4 post down, Vibram fivefingers
http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:50:26 PM EDT
[#11]
some guy wears that at my gym.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Recommend new barrel and new shoes.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 7:08:36 PM EDT
[#13]
In before this gets posted in GD.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top