Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 3:22:52 PM EDT
I shot my first 60 rounds through my new Bushmaster today and it went well. There is play between the Upper and Lower Receiver. Is this Normal or can I fix this?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I shot my first 60 rounds through my new Bushmaster today and it went well. There is play between the Upper and Lower Receiver. Is this Normal or can I fix this?

Normal, and there isn't any need to fix it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#2]
If it bothers you, Accu Wedge it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:28:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

What is Accu Wedging?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:30:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is Accu Wedging?

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=accu+wedge&btnG=Google+Search&fp=TcWva5YqS-o
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is Accu Wedging?

A waste of money on a product that could cause malfunctions. Upper and lower play is normal and does not affect accuracy or function.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:34:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is Accu Wedging?

A waste of money on a product that could cause malfunctions. Upper and lower play is normal and does not affect accuracy or function.

+1.

Also, O-rings around lugs are an alternative to accuwedge, and haven't heard of them causing any malfunctions.  As stated though, unnecessary.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What is Accu Wedging?

+1.

Also, O-rings around lugs are an alternative to accuwedge, and haven't heard of them causing any malfunctions.  As stated though, unnecessary.

I tried an O-Ring for a while on an upper that was sloppier than I liked. Don't get me wrong, I don't care if they are a little loose, and actually like it for easy take down. This one was a little too much, though.

I found an O-Ring that fit around the lug well... I used it for a few weeks. Ultimately, I decided it made it too difficult to disassemble the rifle by putting to much pressure on the take down pin. I got rid of it and just accepted the slop.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't believe play between the upper and lower has any effect on the accuracy of the rifle
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:36:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't believe play between the upper and lower has any effect on the accuracy of the rifle

And that would be correct.  

I believe it would. The upper can twist to the left or right enpogh to cause your shot to be inconsistant
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe it would. The upper can twist to the left or right enpogh to cause your shot to be inconsistant

Nope.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

The upper goes left to right along with the front sight so how can it still be 100% ok. The people did not make the wedgr for no reason.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:09:49 PM EDT
[#14]
I  had mated a Larue Stealth upper to a Rock River lower, there was some movement, not much, but then I swapped the RRA with a Noveske and now, no movement.  Very tight, the first AR I have had actually where there is no movement between the upper and lower, just always assumed that is how it was.  Every M16 I had, certainly moved around.  Never seemed to affect function, always worked.  In the end, just personal preference.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope.

The upper goes left to right along with the front sight so how can it still be 100% ok. The people did not make the wedgr for no reason.

You are wrong, and yes they did make it for a reason - to get money from suckers who think it does anything more than tighten the two receivers at the expense of stressing the receivers which could eventually cause the holes to egg.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:19:33 PM EDT
[#17]
OK, I was just concerned about the little bit of play. Again im new with the AR15 and was just concerned because I just put a La Rue hand guard on and after I shot it for the first time I felt play play after about 60 rounds and thought it was the handguard loose only to notise the play in between recievers.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:20:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OK, I was just concerned about the little bit of play. Again im new with the AR15 and was just concerned because I just put a La Rue hand guard on and after I shot it for the first time I felt play play after about 60 rounds and thought it was the handguard loose only to notise the play in between recievers.

Sorry for the typo Its Notice instaed of Notise.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top