Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2009 8:34:07 PM EDT
Regarding the handguard cap.  I only have one AR and installed a piston kit on it.  I removed the front sight and handguard cap to install the gas block.  I didn't use the handguard cap because I was installing a dd omega rail on it.  I have one of the BCM Uppers on the way and intend to install either a LaRue or DD handguard.  Do I cut the handguard cap off?  It's too bad Magpul doesn't make a their handguard in midlength.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 8:56:05 PM EDT
[#1]
By handgaurd cap do you mean delta ring?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
By handgaurd cap do you mean delta ring?

No, the handguard cap sits behind the Front site base and holds the top of the handguards together.  It's essentially held in place by the front site and barrel.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Why would you cut it?  You're going to have to remove the FSB anyways to install a LaRue or some of the DD rails.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:22:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't want to remove the front site base.  Does this mean I'm going to be limited to handguards that install like factory plastic handguards?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:24:13 PM EDT
[#5]
LaRue won't be an option, nor will any of the handguards that use their own barrel nut.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I don't want to remove the front site base.  Does this mean I'm going to be limited to handguards that install like factory plastic handguards?

oops, delete!  I misread OP's post
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 9:37:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You also have the Daniel Defense Omega 9.0 option.

They are two-piece freefloat railed handguards, NO modification or cutting required for installation.  (obviously, you get to keep the FSB too).

DD Omega 9.0

I have the Omega on the rifle I currently own.  I guess my question is, when using the FSB and using the Omega, do most folks leave the handguard cap on, even though it isn't needed, or do they cut it off?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top