Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 1:11:05 PM EDT
Ok, I dont have much $ but I would like a rail i have found some MI drop in and the surefire on the EE wich do you guys think. I have never ran
a quad rail. I have had severals AR but this is my first build.

So far I have ;

saber 14.5 cmv 1x7 chrom line barrel
bcm upper revicer
f/a cm marked bcg with bcm upgrade
cmmg lpk
spike lower
vltor emod stock
dpms H buffer
troy rear flip up sight
yhm flip gas block sight (came on barrel)

So all i need is rail ,handgrip ,ergo or tangdown, and magpul trigger guard.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:16:50 PM EDT
[#1]
i know you guys have some input
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I use the surefire M73 on 3 of my 4 carbines..solid,takes KAC pannels..love them got all mine on the EE for $100 and a little under.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 3:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
M73 all the way.  It locks up tighter than a nun's . . .
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 10:52:15 AM EDT
[#5]
MI all the way.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 12:27:36 PM EDT
[#6]
For the MI users, do you find the handguards big/bulky/heavy?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:32:17 AM EDT
[#7]
What do you think about the way the surefire locks up. I was thinking when you tightin it up that the barrel wound have unequal tork on it.
wich would affect the how accurate it is. what do you think
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:40:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Want my input????????????

I've had both the M73 and I now have the MI 17 your looking at. I still have the MI 19 on my BCM middy. I sold the M73 rails cause I never liked how it lined up when the set screws were snugged up.....

Both are good sets and lockup tight.....I'm only selling because I don't have a carbine upper any more. All middys for me from here on out...
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I've used both and like the Surefire much better.  I have them on 3 of my carbines.  It's the only non-FF rail that I use now.  I bought all mine on the EE for $100-$120 in new or like new condition.  The MI was a good rail, but much larger in diameter and had a less solid lockup than the M73.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top