Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2009 3:00:51 PM EDT
Some company called "Shop second amendment" is selling new lowers in SGN for $85.00 bucks.  Real or just a dream?      
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:02:24 PM EDT
[#1]
AimSurplus had some in that price range... before the election...

No idea on SGN company
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Pic from website

They say the lowers are made by LRB.
TheSecondAmendmentFirearms
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I would spend alil more and get a receiver from a well known and trusted company.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I dunno but they should get that piece of crap off our flag!!!

Edited

The website says its not currently in stock. They are worth a try for that price.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:40:12 PM EDT
[#5]
$105 black Tuff Coat Essential Arms lowers. Fast shipping and great people....<><....:)
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:53:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dunno but they should get that piece of crap off my flag!!!

Am I missing something???
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#7]
There was another thread a couple days ago about that website and the lowers. They were on backorder or something with a long wait time and you weren't allowed to cancel the order or they would take legal action against you. The poster was upset because they wouldn't let him cancel his order. They are nice looking lowers though, only heard good things about them. I think its the website that is giving the problems.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:21:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Whats with the Springfield Armory  cross cannons logo on the lower?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Never heard of them, but I notice they are in "Gun Valley" (Connecticut river valley) so maybe they are a bottom feeder on the Colt and Smith & Wesson supplier chain?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

+ 1?

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:40:22 PM EDT
[#11]
LRB makes some of the nicest m14 receivers that you can get, I doubt they would put out an ar15 lower if it wasn't on par with the rest of their stuff.

Check 'em out

But, I have heard the dealer is a not the one to buy from.  Shady stuff supposedly.  Others have LRB lowers in stock, if you want one.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:36:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they are showing disrespect to the flag by using it as a mat to display their lower.

Do a search for flag etiquette & you'll understand.

ETA: Fixed it for you diaz_aa, you used the wrong smiley.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, they are showing disrespect to the flag by using it as a mat to display their lower.

Do a search for flag etiquette & you'll understand.

+1
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#14]
LRB does not make AR15 lowers, they have AR15 lowers made for them.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
AimSurplus had some in that price range... before the election...

No idea on SGN company

AIM still has Superior Arms ones for 89.95...

Lower Receivers
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:12:57 AM EDT
[#16]
LRB Lowers are made by JV Precision Tooling I think....I've built up two ar's on LRB stripped lowers and they are good to go.  There was just a thread a day or two ago about the quality of LRB lowers, everyone who wrote in had good things to say.

I'd get it from another website/distributing though, this guy seems to be giving folks some trouble.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:41:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

NO my friend you are wrong, LRB Arms does make lowers and fine lowers at that, they also produce lowers for Charles Daly Defense, Double Star and a couple others. They only recently (in the last year or so) started selling them with there name on them. Anything made by JVP  machine is GTG.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

NO my friend you are wrong, LRB Arms does make lowers and fine lowers at that, they also produce lowers for Charles Daly Defense, Double Star and a couple others. They only recently (in the last year or so) started selling them with there name on them. Anything made by JVP  machine is GTG.

So LRB is doing all the machining in house now and not using JVP?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:09:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I saw some complete rifles from LRB... AR15s...

They were pretty nice... Although they did have commercial receiver extensions, which made me nervous.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is incorrect. LRB does not machine these lowers. They contract JV Precision just like Charles Daly does. However, LRB does represent JVP in that if you want lowers made with your logo, LRB acts as the middle man unless your order is a very substantial quantity (over 500 pieces if I remember correctly). You may verify by calling Lou at LRB directly. I'm also fairly certain that Double Star no longer contracts with JVP though I do not know who their current supplier is.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:11:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Arent most quality lowers the same ?

They are to me
Bushy
RRA
STAG/cmt
LMT
COLT
DPMS
Noveske
ARMALITETC

to name a few
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I only buy LRB/JVP lowers A+
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#23]
I live here in Long Island, NY.  I built 2 rifles using LRB Arms Lowers. They are of exceptional quality!

I actually purchase the lowers direct from LRB Arms, I just walk in to there shop, and buy one Very nice people.

LRB Arms dot NOT manufacture their lowers. They have them made for them, by JV Precision in Connecticut.

For the price and quality, I will not buy any other lower except for LRB arms for future build. Also the fact that I can just walk into their shop and buy one keeps the cost down - I don't have to have on shipped to an FFL and pay transfer fees. As far as the "piece of crap" on the flag.

Flag etiquette is one thing, and I agree, maybe they shouldn't disrespect the flag by using it as a display mat. But to call an LRB Arms lower, a "piece of crap" it totally out of line, as they do not sell anything that remotely is associated with crap!
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.  The flag is not a table cloth.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#25]
looks like a decent lower to me...
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+ 1?

It looks like a simplified version of the Springfield Armory Logo, probably just enough to avoid being sued for trademark infringement.  Notice those are NOT cannons, there are NO trunnions, but instead trapezoids crossed in a ring.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top