Link Posted: 3/12/2009 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]
wow talk about user error
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:16:23 AM EDT
[#3]
What happened?

Seemed like he was having trouble and didn't stop to investigate.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:17:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Seen it.  IMO, the operator pretty much dared the rifle to KB.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:23:54 AM EDT
[#5]
$20 bucks says he had a sqiub load, bullet stuck in the barrel, chambered a round
behind the stuck bullet, pulled the trigger......KABOOM!

He should have checked the barrel for an obstruction
when the round would not chamber the first time.

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 6:29:10 AM EDT
[#6]
after watching this i kind of teaches you a little more respect, check the damm thing out before you start jamming the foward assist.he kept blaiming it on bad primers. jim
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#7]
he is lucky to still have both his eyes.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Mega dupe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 7:22:40 AM EDT
[#9]
He was trying too hard to be Mr. Cool AR guy.  I have never seen anyone nor would I ever jam on the forward assist like that.  It seems his mind was..."this is SO cool...this is SO COOL...I am so COOL...I am SO cool...that sucks...that sucks...I can fix it...ah, this thing...HOLY SHIT!!!"
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 8:42:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I especially like the part where he jams the forward assist before chambering a round.

Quoted:
Mega dupe.

Yes, but it is still informational each time it comes around.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#11]
He sure did jerk and flinch on the misfires!  One thing an unknown empty chamber will do is tell on you if you flinch or jerk.  I bet his groups are lovely!
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 9:01:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I especially like the part where he jams the forward assist before chambering a round.

Quoted:
Mega dupe.

Yes, but it is still informational each time it comes around.

There was a guy at the range yesterday who would misfire every thrid round of Wolf .308 on his brand new FN AR. He would just rack in a new one just like the jackass in the video. I cringed every time he racked a new round. It turns out the ammo just wasn't good with his rifle.

He let me take all his "spent" ammo with dimpled primers and I ran them flawlessly from my Armscorp.  

Still though, the guy in the video should've slowed down a bit and not tried to act so badass. I'm sure he learned his lesson.
Link Posted: 3/12/2009 4:58:00 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGwkHktkTxU&NR=1
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 6:44:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGwkHktkTxU&NR=1

Ah no response to this.

HA!

The truth hurts so many.

I guess I won't be using my AR in the water! I can't wait for the MR556 to come out!
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 7:58:06 AM EDT
[#15]
Did anyone else catch the part were he say's "You don't know how to load these" I'm betting reloads not sized properly. Thats why he had to keep slamming the forward assit. It's as if the rifle said " You hit me one more time like that I'm gonna blow up" Out of battry discharge
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 8:00:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Note to self: If I ever need to play frogman with my ar...Remember to dump water out of barrel before I pull the trigger.   I  was pretty impressed when the fired the HK submerged...I sure as hell wouldn't want to be the guy pulling the trigger.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 8:50:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He sure did jerk and flinch on the misfires!  One thing an unknown empty chamber will do is tell on you if you flinch or jerk.  I bet his groups are lovely!

His shooting posture speaks volumes.

Link Posted: 3/14/2009 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#19]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sWQIpBmHwo&NR=1

im taking my how to shoot lessons from this guy so i stay safe!
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 8:57:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Worth a click for the Euro-techno soundtrack alone.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 8:57:38 AM EDT
[#21]
In before the "Not this crap again" pic
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 9:08:00 AM EDT
[#22]
I've seen the AR blowing up video before, or maybe it's more than one person who has blown up an AR doing the exact same thing.

I've been loading and reloading my own ammo for... let's see... 21 years now.  I have had the following failures.

Failure to fire any caliber = 0

Squib load any caliber = 0

KABOOM in any caliber = 0

Failure to chamber = only in 45 ACP with 0.452" dia lead bullets loaded in Federal brass and chambered in a Bar-Sto barrel with a minimum spec chamber.  I had the barrel finish reamed again and that solved the problem.

If you are going to reload, you must pay strict attention during all phases of the process.  Don't  be distracted and definitely don't drink alcohol while reloading.  Hold a high quality standard to your reloads.  If the bullet is seated too deeply, discard or disassemble the round.  If it's seated too long, you might get away with an additional pass through the seating die, but you might be better served by discarding or disassembling the round.  Watch the length of the brass.  Watch for cracks at the case mouth/neck.  Don't reuse brass that is bulged.  All of this is basic reloading safety, but I've seen it violated so many times.

During firing, pay attention.  When a firearm or ammo fails to work properly, it's telling you something.  Every kaboom I've seen has been the direct result of someone not paying attention either during reloading or while firing.

Sorry for the rant.  I'll go back to my corner and be quiet now.
Link Posted: 3/14/2009 9:49:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Failure to fire any caliber = 0

Squib load any caliber = 0

KABOOM in any caliber = 0.

Sounds like you don't shoot often. I've had a few hang fires, misfires and 1 squib due to bad primers. Bad or weak primers can happen. But I guess I sound like a jerk because I had a few bad rounds...
This was using Hodgdon H110 out of a 500 mag in below freezing weather. You know what?, all rounds fired normally in warm weather using this powder/primer combo. Yea, I fixed it by switching to different primers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:01:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't shoot nearly as much these days, but I used to go to the range almost weekly.  For several years I competed in USPSA matches, shooting two or three matches each month plus two to four practice days each month.  I don't know how many tens of thousands of rounds of ammo I've been through, but so far, none of my reloads have failed.  The only problems I have encountered have been with 22 rimfire.  Occasionally there is one that just won't cooperate.  These days I seem to have too many responsibilities and not enough time and money.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 8:17:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Mega dupe.

+87

And another opportunity for bad info to get exchanged!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 9:21:36 AM EDT
[#26]
If I had a dollar for every time I've seen that video posted here........

I'd go buy me a LaRue Stealth Upper!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Obviously not as smart as he thought he was. Pounding on the forward assist-particularly when you know you're shooting reloads?

His rifle was obviously trying to tell him something, but he was far too busy trying to look tacticool in front of the camera to listen.

The most profound of life's lessons are usually the harshest

I'd love to see him pull that shit during a carbine class, in front of somebody like Pat Rogers. Then I'd like to see that movie on Youtube...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top