Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2008 6:19:46 PM EDT
Noob question here.....installed an ACE full size stock on my Superior Arms AR followed all directions,seemed a little loose but no more so than my other Ar ,went to the range today and experienced a bad FTE . Came home and took her apart and found the buffer retainer all chewed up and had come out allowing the buffer to push against the back of the bolt. Gonna order new retainer and spring,but any suggestions on what I may have done wrong installing the stock?  Just looking for input.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:01:55 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm guessing you have the Ace ARFX. I have a couple and neither one is the least bit loose, as you describe. Without knowing much more, I'd say you probably want to figure out why it's loose - it seems pausible that may have a bearing on your buffer detent coming loose.
Link Posted: 9/3/2008 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Noob question here.....installed an ACE full size stock on my Superior Arms AR followed all directions,seemed a little loose but no more so than my other Ar ,went to the range today and experienced a bad FTE . Came home and took her apart and found the buffer retainer all chewed up and had come out allowing the buffer to push against the back of the bolt. Gonna order new retainer and spring,but any suggestions on what I may have done wrong installing the stock?  Just looking for input.

There is a spring-loaded pin that holds the buffer in the receiver extension, is that still there?  Nevermind, RIF.

I have two AR's with ACE Stocks - both are very tight and sturdy.
Link Posted: 9/4/2008 1:58:52 AM EDT
[#3]
+1.  My ARFX is rock solid.  No movement whatsoever.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top