Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2008 9:57:47 AM EDT
I'm buying Breakfree CLP to clean my Bushmaster M4 but should I purchase a separate Lubricant for it to apply after im done cleaning??

Also will this magazine (Below) fit in my Bushmaster M4?

http://www.magpul.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=80_120&products_id=268

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Breakfree is fine to lubricate the weapon.  I would suggest using a cleaning product to actually clean the weapon.  (Unless I'm thinking of the wrong product, breakfree CLP is lubricant.)  I prefer some type of cleaning solution to remove the dirt from inside the weapon.  Be generous with the clp when lubricating.

The Pmag will fit in your bushmaster.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:31:36 AM EDT
[#2]
CLP = Cleaner, Lubricant, Cleaner

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:34:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I use Break Free CLP but I also use Corrosinn X it's a high Temp. high pressure Lub. that really keeps your AR working great.
http://www.corrosionx.com/
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 10:35:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for the clarification....something told me I was off on that.

I did remember the lubricant part...

OP.....in that case...the CLP is good to go...
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:02:02 PM EDT
[#5]
For bore cleaning, Hoppe's or Shooter's Choice.

For lubing, I agree with QUIB:  Breakfree LP on the bolt and carrier, CLP everywhere else.  LP does not contain the Cleaning solvent and is thicker, stays put longer.

On the other hand, 1000 yard match guy I know uses Mobil-1 car engine oil everywhere;  says it's just as good at $3 for a whole quart.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:09:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
For bore cleaning, Hoppe's or Shooter's Choice.

For lubing, I agree with QUIB:  Breakfree LP on the bolt and carrier, CLP everywhere else.  LP does not contain the Cleaning solvent and is thicker, stays put longer.

On the other hand, 1000 yard match guy I know uses Mobil-1 car engine oil everywhere;  says it's just as good at $3 for a whole quart.

I wish I could just find Mobil 1 at $3 here even at Walmart it's $5.75 a Qt.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Well i just popped the cherry for gun cleaning.... I used Breakfree CLP then Hoppes Lubricant
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
CLP = Cleaner, Lubricant, Cleaner

I believe you meant

Clean
Lubriate
PROTECT
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well i just popped the cherry for gun cleaning.... I used Breakfree CLP then Hoppes Lubricant

I think you said that backwards, Hoppes is for cleaning only, so it should be used first, then lube.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top