Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 5:40:51 PM EDT
I just bought a Bushmaster ar15, and took it out shooting a few days later to fire it for the first time, but I was soon to be disappointed as I had to get the top receiver polished, because it kept jamminghis

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry that your first AR experience was a bad one.  As for opinions on what components you should use, you won't find any opinions here on arfcom .  Seriouisly, just roam through the forums and you will find lots of great information.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 5:56:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I just bought a Bushmaster ar15, and took it out shooting a few days later to fire it for the first time, but I was soon to be disappointed as I had to get the top receiver polished, because it kept jamming. I'm still a AR fan as i knew this was just a fluke, and i will be shortly building one from the ground up. Any suggestions on parts to get (hand guards, receivers,trigger components) would be great,  as I am new and don't know who makes the best parts for an AR.

hmmmm not sure what the problem with your bushmaster is. The gun should run fine if it is cleaned and lubricated before hand.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The gun should run fine if it is cleaned and lubricated before hand.

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I just bought a Bushmaster ar15, and took it out shooting a few days later to fire it for the first time, but I was soon to be disappointed as I had to get the top receiver polished, because it kept jamming. I'm still a AR fan as i knew this was just a fluke, and i will be shortly building one from the ground up. Any suggestions on parts to get (hand guards, receivers,trigger components) would be great,  as I am new and don't know who makes the best parts for an AR.

You're going to have to be a bit more specific as to what type of failures your were experiencing, what type of rifle it is (i.e. barrel length, buffer type, etc), what kind of ammo you were using, what type of magazines you were using. These all factor into malfunctions.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry that your first Ar experience wasn't very good. Welcome to site anyway. There’s a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum, they're gonna help you out.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top