AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2008 1:18:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:53:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I would lean toward a piston system
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 3:18:13 PM EDT
[#2]
i have a stag arms 15L and i love it, only thing is bolt carrier and bolt are more expensive, and you cant put on any barrel you want.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:09:52 PM EDT
[#3]
I haven't experienced any problems with a box stock upper. If, by chance, I ever get sprayed, I might install a gas-buster charging handle on the chance that it will prevent a second facefull.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:12:46 PM EDT
[#4]
How about a PWS piston conversion for a Lefty upper..?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 10:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I've never used a gasbuster as I'm a lefty.  I'm guessing since it looks like it diverts gas out to the right, that as a lefty the gas would spray out into your nose/face, just more on the left side that straight up.  Am I wrong here?

In the past I had a rifle that sprayed me a lot, so I just filled the gap between the CH and the upper with silicon; seals it right up.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:42:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm left handed and just use the ole fashion DI right handed stuff. I really think the piston arf and left handed arf are both solutions in search of problems.
Link Posted: 1/24/2008 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#7]
When you put on a suppressor you really notice the gas.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top