Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/21/2008 1:21:37 AM EDT
I was firing my Bushy 16" and running wolf through it.  Thus far the weapon has performed admirably.  It's probably only had about 500 rounds through it so far, but there hadn't been a failure to date.  So I fire off a round.  The cartridge ejects and the next round feeds.  It was my last round for that string of fire so I ejected the mag and attempt pull the charging handle to the rear to eject the live round that's chambered.  

The bolt carrier group was stuck and I couldn't pull the charging handle back.  I finally got it about an inch back but that was the best I could do, so I pushed it back with the forward assist and it jammed in there for good.  I ended up having to take the weapon apart to get that round out.  I was left with a badly bent charging handle.  But I didn't bend the handle.  It was somehow bent after firing my last round.  Anyone have an idea as to what in the world could have happened?

mike
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 1:31:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Hi Mike,
Generally charging handles will bend if the shooter leaves the handle back (in the unlatched and open position) and then releases the bolt. It will take multiple times for it to happen (generally) but i have seen it happen in less then one day on the range.

I have been advised by people who know more then me that there are different grades of CH, and that some companies use a lesser quality product- but i cannot verify that.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top